Top 10 Best-Selling Vehicles for 2006
Wow — America really loves the Ford F-Series. For the 25th year in a row, the truck took top honors as the year's best-selling vehicle. The déjà vu theme continued throughout the list, with most of the vehicles remaining in the positions they held in the 2005 tally.
One notable change concerns SUVs. The Chevrolet TrailBlazer, which held the number 10 spot last year, was a no-show in the top 10 this time around — meaning that for the first time in over six years, there wasn't a single SUV on the list. How about those gas prices?
- Ford F-Series (includes F-150, F-250 Super Duty and F-350 Super Duty) — 796,039
- Chevrolet Silverado (includes 1500, 1500 Classic, 1500 SS Classic, 1500HD Classic, 2500HD, 2500HD Classic, 3500HD, 3500 Classic — 636,069
- Toyota Camry and Camry Solara — 448,445
- Dodge Ram (includes 1500, 2500 and 3500) — 364,177
- Honda Accord — 354,441
- Toyota Corolla — 318,123
- Honda Civic — 316,638
- Chevrolet Impala — 289,868
- Nissan Altima — 232,457
- Chevrolet Cobalt — 211,449
Source: Automotive News and Edmunds.com
Copyright Edmunds.com, Inc. All rights reserved. First published on
www.edmunds.com and excerpted with permission.