CarMax is widely recognized as one of the best automotive retailers in the United States. Check out the most recent awards we've won!
- Fortune 500 Company No. 279 in 2012
- Fortune, 2005 - 2013, "100 Best Companies to Work For"
- Training magazine, 2008 - 2013, Top 125 Training Companies
- International Torch Award for Marketplace Excellence, 2008, Better Business Bureau
- Fortune, 2008 & 2006, "Most Admired Company in Automotive Retailing"
- Gallup Great Workplace Award, 2008 & 2009
- Computerworld magazine, 2008, 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- American Business "Stevie" Award, 2007, Best Overall Company
- Forbes 2006, "Best Managed Companies," Retailer
- Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces, 2008 & 2007, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
- 2020 Women on Boards 2013 Winning "W" Company for board of directors diversity
- Corporate Equality Index 100 Percent Score, 2008 - 2010
- Ability One/NISH (National Institute for the Severely Disabled) National Achievement Award, 2009, Business category
Local Market Awards
- Best Place to Buy a Used Car 2013 - New Haven Advocate Readers, East Haven, Conn.
- Winner, BBB Torch Award for Business Ethics 2012 in the following regions:
- North Alabama (Huntsville)
- Eastern North Carolina (Raleigh, Raleigh Car Buying Center, Fayetteville)
- 2012 BBB Complaint Free Award - Chicago and Northern Illinois
- Active RVA Certified 2012
- Best Place to Buy a Used Car 2012 - Charleston City Paper
- Best Used Car Dealership 2012 - Fresno Bee
- Best Car Dealership 2012 - Orange County Parenting
- Best Place to Buy a Pre-owned Vehicle 2012 - Independent Weekly, Raleigh, N.C.
- Best Used Car Dealer 2012 - Roseville Press Tribune, Roseville, Calif.
- Best Place to Buy a Used Car 2012 - San Gabriel Valley, Duarte, Calif.
For more information about what's new at CarMax and a complete awards list, visit our Pressroom.