Top 10 Best-Selling Vehicles for 2005
Curious as to which vehicles topped the sales chart last year? Here are the models most likely to have wound up in a driveway (or commercial fleet) near you in 2005. Full-size trucks continue to dominate; no surprises there. What is surprising, though, is the fall of the mighty Ford Explorer. A perennial top 10 favorite, the ute saw a notable drop in sales last year. As a result, the Chevrolet TrailBlazer is the only sport-utility vehicle to crack 2005's top 10 list.
- Ford F-Series (includes F-150, F-250 Super Duty and F-350 Super Duty) — 901,463
- Chevrolet Silverado (includes 1500, 1500 Classic, 1500 SS, 1500 SS Classic, 1500HD, 1500HD Classic, 2500HD, 2500HD Classic, 3500, 3500 Classic) — 705,891
- Toyota Camry, Camry Hybrid and Camry Solara — 433,703
- Dodge Ram (includes 1500, 1500 SRT-10, 2500 and 3500) — 400,453
- Honda Accord — 369,293
- Honda Civic — 308,415
- Nissan Altima — 255,371
- Chevrolet Impala — 246,481
- Chevrolet Malibu — 245,861
- Chevrolet TrailBlazer and TrailBlazer EXT — 244,150
Copyright Edmunds.com, Inc. All rights reserved. First published on www.edmunds.com and excerpted with permission.