Top 10 Best-Selling Vehicles in 2003
So what's everyone driving these days? Well, these are the models that most often found a spot in buyers' driveways or commercial fleets in 2003. The big news on this list is the rise of the Dodge Ram, which soared past 400,000 units and landed in the number three spot, and the fall of the Ford Explorer, which failed to reach the 400-grand mark for the first time in years, slipping to sixth place overall. The Chevrolet Impala broke into the top 10 for the first time ever in 2003, while the Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan failed to make the cut.
- Ford F-Series (includes F-150, F-150 Heritage, F-150 SVT Lightning, F-250 and F-350) — 845,586
- Chevrolet Silverado (includes 1500, 1500 SS, 2500, 2500HD and 3500) — 684,302
- Dodge Ram (includes 1500, 1500 SRT-10, 2500 and 3500) — 449,371
- Toyota Camry and Camry Solara — 413,296
- Honda Accord — 397,750
- Ford Explorer and Explorer Sport Trac — 373,118
- Ford Taurus — 300,496
- Honda Civic — 299,672
- Chevrolet Impala — 267,882
- Chevrolet TrailBlazer and TrailBlazer EXT — 261,334
Source: Automotive News
Copyright Edmunds.com, Inc. All rights reserved. First published on www.edmunds.com and excerpted with permission.