The engine of our business
Do you have:
- Top-caliber analytic skills?
- An interest in solving business problems?
- A passion for creating IT solutions that help drive business?
- A history of achievement demonstrated by top 20% GPA and/or other recognition
such as scholarships, awards, and honor societies?
If this sounds like you, you could be one of the next members of the CarMax IT Team!
- Be part of a diverse enterprise IT department with many teams and roles
- Help create the information systems that improve our customer experience by effectively managing sales, inventory, carmax.com, consumer financing, and customer information
- Develop new innovations to help keep us ahead of the curve
- Take part in Anything Days, when the entire department takes a day to work on any IT project they imagine
Your role in a nutshell:
You'll help build and develop one of our core competitive advantages—our information systems.
Training at the IT Academy
- IT Academy is an 8-week program designed to jumpstart your IT career at CarMax.
- You'll be introduced to the primary technologies and tools used at CarMax, providing a strong foundation for your future.
- Before you leave, you'll gain a firm understanding of IT, IT's role at CarMax, and how your work will impact the organization.
The IT Academy in a nutshell:
In the IT Department, personal development is a priority from day one. You'll learn the tools and technologies you need to succeed at CarMax.
is typified by:
- A fun, casual atmosphere with an open door policy
- Team-building activities, Associate recognition, and internal promotions that provide nearly unlimited career possibilities
- Group activities and volunteer opportunities that create a sense of community
- A flexible Time Away policy that encourages Associates to take time away for fun and travel
Our culture in a nutshell:
We value a work-life balance. We work hard, but have fun while we do it—and we make sure we have plenty of time left over to enjoy life outside of work.
offers modern work spaces and amenities like:
- Light-filled windows with view of woods and sky
- Multiple cafes throughout the building
- Cafeteria and outdoor lunch patio
- Collaborative workspaces
- Fully-equipped fitness center
- Full indoor basketball and volleyball courts
- Squash and racquetball courts
- Softball field
- Two miles of wooded walking and biking trails
- On-site fitness classes such as yoga and Zumba
Our environment in a nutshell:
A LEED-certified building designed and built to achieve high performance in areas of human and environmental health, as well as sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection, and indoor environmental quality.
indicates the pride we take not only in what we do, but how we do it—our acknowledgments include:
- One of FORTUNE® magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For"
- FORTUNE 500 list
- BBB Torch Awards for Marketplace Excellence
- Training magazine's Top 125 Companies
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's annual Corporate Equality Index
Our recognition in a nutshell:
To ensure the continuation of our company's upward trajectory, we will uphold our widely recognized strategy of not only doing things the right way, but of doing what's right.
Sound like you? Apply today through your school's career services!
We typically hire for multiple full-time opportunities annually.