Top 10 Most Affordable Convertibles for 2004
Dying for the pleasure of top-down driving but constrained by a budget? As temperatures rise in anticipation of summer, we've compiled a list of the 10 least expensive convertibles (based on MSRP, plus destination). Some are family-friendly four-seaters, while others are carefree roadsters, but all have a removable top so that the sun can warm your face and the breeze can ruffle your hair. Note that the first eight cars on this list have MSRPs under $30,000, and of course many of them can be purchased much closer to invoice (check the Edmunds.com True Market Value® for your region before going to the dealer).
- Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible, $19,995 (The PT Cruiser Convertible is technically a 2005 model, but it was already on dealer lots at the time this list was written)
- Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible, $21,475
- Mazda Miata, $22,388
- Ford Mustang Convertible, $24,510
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder, $24,994
- Toyota MR2 Spyder, $25,410
- Chrysler Sebring Convertible, $25,860
- Toyota Camry Solara Convertible, $26,465
- Honda S2000, $33,260
- BMW Z4, $34,295
*Based on 2004 Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP), including destination charge.
Copyright Edmunds.com, Inc. All rights reserved. First published on www.edmunds.com and excerpted with permission.