Top 10 Most Affordable Convertibles for 2007
You may be constrained by a tight budget, but that doesn't mean you have to deny yourself the pleasure of some drop-top excitement. We've put together a list of this year's 10 cheapest convertibles. They run the gamut — some are cute and friendly, some are pumped with testosterone, and some offer four-seat practicality that suits the whole family. However, the one thing they all have in common is a removable top that allows you to get your fill of the brisk autumn air.
These rankings are based on each convertible's base MSRP (note that destination charge is not included). All the cars on this list have MSRPs that are less than $30,000; the first seven are even more budget-priced, with MSRPs that fall under the $25,000 mark. Remember that many of these drop tops may be purchased at prices that are closer to invoice, so check each car's True Market Value® before going to the dealer.
- 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata — $20,585
- 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser — $20,790
- 2007 Pontiac Solstice — $21,515
- 2007 Mini Cooper Convertible — $21,950
- 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible — $22,240
- 2007 Ford Mustang Convertible — $24,075
- 2007 Saturn Sky — $24,725
- 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder — $25,389
- 2007 Toyota Camry Solara — $27,190
- 2007 Volkswagen Eos — $28,110
Copyright Edmunds.com, Inc. All rights reserved. First published on www.edmunds.com and excerpted with permission.