Top 10 Trucks With the Best Residual Value for 2008
If you're looking for a new truck, know that you have more to consider than just bed size and horsepower rating. Depreciation can take the shine off your investment, and the best way to guard against this is to choose a pickup that's poised to hold its value.
With this in mind, we've put together a list of the 10 trucks likely to depreciate the least during ownership. We've indicated the percentage of its original value that each pickup is likely to retain after five years with an annual mileage of 15,000. Our residual value percentages are based on each vehicle's national True Market Value (TMV®) price, plus typical options and destination charge.
- 2008 Toyota Tacoma — 45.4%
- 2008 GMC Sierra 3500HD — 44.3%
- 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD — 43.7%
- 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty — 43.4%
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD — 43.4%
2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty — 43.4%
- 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD — 43.1%
- 2008 Toyota Tundra — 43.0%
- 2008 Honda Ridgeline — 42.7%
- 2008 Nissan Frontier — 42.5 %
Copyright Edmunds.com, Inc. All rights reserved. First published on www.edmunds.com and excerpted with permission.