Looking for a versatile three-row SUV?
The Buick Enclave offers three-row seating for seven, a great V6 engine, and an impressive amount of standard features. The Enclave is a great choice for the family road trip or the daily commute. This Buick Enclave review will give you all the key information on the 2019 model year of this popular vehicle, including:
- Key Specs & Features
- 5 Reasons to Buy
- What You Need to Know
- Similar Vehicles
- The Bottom Line
Key Specs & Features
- 310-horsepower, 3.6L six-cylinder engine
- 97 cubic feet of maximum cargo volume
- Nine-speed automatic transmission
- Available all-wheel drive
- Seating for seven
- High-end luxury Avenir trim available
5 Reasons to Buy
1. ATHLETIC EXTERIOR
With a striking exterior and wing-shaped LED headlamps front and center, the 2019 Enclave is anything but boring. Check out the great details on the intricate grille featuring the Buick tricolor logo. The super cool Evonik Acrylite exterior headlights on the Avenir trim sport more than 100 individual LEDs. Who says you can't have form and function?
2. COMFORT FOR SEVEN
Enjoy warm wood tones as well as brushed-chrome accents and heated first-row seating. There is even ventilation and leather available inside the roomy cabin that can accommodate up to seven people. The 2019 model has Buick's "Smart Slide" second-row seating allowing easy third-row access for you and your friends or family. The available power-folding split third-row seating can be easily lowered or raised with a single button.
3. FEATURES PLUS PERFORMANCE
The 2019 Enclave features a standard 310-horsepower V6 and nine-speed transmission as well as available intelligent All-Wheel Drive (available on the Essence, Premium, and Avenir trim levels). With an amazing amount of available features like lane change alert, rear cross-traffic alert, front and rear park assist, and IntelliBeam, the 2019 Enclave checks all the right boxes. All of these features are combined into an attractive and stylish package that's perfect if your looking for a high-tech vehicle.
4. SPACIOUS CARGO CAPACITY
The 2019 Enclave offers 97 cubic feet of configurable cargo space with the second and third-row seats folded flat. A bonus 10-inch deep under-floor storage area offers additional secure space. That way you can hide all of your precious items and keep them out of sight during a fun shopping outing. The standard hands-free power liftgate will help you access the storage area when your hands are full.
5. TONS OF TECH
The 2019 Buick Enclave comes standard with an eight-inch high-resolution touchscreen as part of the infotainment system. With standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, you can stay connected to your favorite device. The available built-in 4G LTE WiFi® hotspot1 helps your passengers stay connected on the journey.1 All this on top of the available driver-assistance features makes the Enclave well-equipped and a joy to.
What You Need to Know
2019 Buick Enclave Trims
The 2019 Buick Enclave has been offered in four trim levels:
- Preferred: Comes with great standard interior features like three-zone automatic climate control, heated power cloth-covered front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, a 4G LTE mobile hotspot, and an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with integrated Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Plus you'll get exterior features like 18-inch aluminum wheels, LED headlights, remote start, and a power hands-free liftgate.
- Essence: Adds luxurious perforated leather seating, as well as an air ionizer, and Buick's Driver Confidence package.
- Premium: The Premium Enclave trim adds a ton of interior features like a 10-speaker Bose® audio system, ventilated front seats, heated second-row seats, a heated steering wheel, the Driver Confidence II package, plus automatic high-beams, and power-folding third-row seats.
- Avenir: The top-trim Avenir includes 20-inch aluminum wheels, Avenir embroidered headrests and floor mats, a wood- and leather-wrapped steering wheel, satellite navigation, a wireless charging pad, a power dual moonroof, and an additional eight-inch information screen in the driver's instrument cluster.
2019 Buick Enclave Interior
Enclave models feature room for up to seven people with flexible cargo space and three rows of seating. With available wood tones, brushed-chrome materials, and available heated leather-appointed first-and second-row seating the Enclave is a first-class experience. The Enclave also has a total cargo room of 97 cubic feet.
2019 Buick Enclave Colors
The 2019 Buick Enclave is available in various color options including:
- Black Cherry Metallic (Not available on Avenir or Preferred)
- Dark Slate Metallic
- Ebony Twilight Metallic
- Havana Metallic (Not available on Avenir)
- Pepperdust Metallic
- Quicksilver Metallic (Not available on Avenir)
- Red Quartz Tintcoat (Not available on Avenir)
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Summit White (Not available on Avenir)
- White Frost Tricoat
The 2019 Buick Enclave comes with the following interior and fabric color options:
- Brandy Perforated Leather (Not available on Preferred or Avenir)
- Chestnut Perforated Leather
- Dark Galvanized Cloth
- Dark Galvanized Perforated Leather (Not available on Preferred or Avenir)
- Ebony Perforated Leather
- Shale Perforated Leather (Not available on Preferred or Avenir)
The GMC Acadia is a great midsize crossover that seats up to seven and comes with lots of cool features. The 2017 model year started the Acadia's second generation and the SUV got a bunch of upgrades. Choose from the standard 193-horsepower 2.5L four-cylinder, or opt for the 3.6L V6 which is good for 310 horsepower. Both powertrain options are available with all-wheel drive. Start with the 2019 Acadia base model SL/SLE-1 or move up the trim levels to the upgraded SLE-2 which adds standard features like an eight-way power driver seat, heated front seats, and a remote vehicle starter system. The All-Terrain trim adds standard AWD and then you can step up to the more luxurious SLT-1 and SLT-2, both with standard leather seating, or opt for the cool Acadia Black Edition or the top of the line Acadia Denali. The GMC Acadia lineup has something for everyone.
The Toyota Highlander has evolved over the past two decades into a fantastic option in the midsize SUV market. Recently refreshed for the 2017 model year, the Highlander comes with a standard 2.7L four-cylinder with 185 horsepower and an optional 3.5L V6 putting out 295 horsepower. Trim options start with the base LE, which comes standard with the four-cylinder engine, and go up through the LE Plus, XLE, SE, Limited, and Limited Platinum trims. A Highlander Hybrid is also available in LE, Limited, Limited Platinum, and XLE trims. The Highlander was unchanged for 2018 but the 2019 Highlander LE comes with a ton of coveted standard features like a rearview camera, 18-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, Toyota's Entune® system featuring a 6.1-inch touchscreen, connectivity via Bluetooth®, and five USB ports.
Looking for something a bit more rugged, but also family-friendly? Check out the Jeep Grand Cherokee! The Grand Cherokee has been powered by the same great 3.5L V6 for several years. With 295 horsepower, the engine is standard on most trim levels except for two V8-powered Grand Cherokees. The 475-horsepower V8 SRT (2015 and up) and 707-horsepower supercharged V8 Trackhawk (2018) represent serious performance options; so, if you are looking for an incredibly powerful SUV, the Grand Cherokee has you covered. Take a look at the base 2019 Grand Cherokee Laredo which comes standard with interior features like dual-zone automatic climate control, rear parking assist, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system. On the exterior, you'll get features like 17-inch aluminum wheels and heated mirrors. If you want a go-anywhere SUV, look no further than the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The Bottom Line
The Buick Enclave has always been a popular midsize SUV. With the 2019 Enclave, Buick has introduced an incredible amount of luxury and practicality that will fit your busy lifestyle. Take a look at the 2019 Enclave and you'll find an attractive people-mover with a lot of room and a surprising amount of tech options.
Find out more about the Buick Enclave in these related articles:
1Activation with subscription required.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.