Fuel your love for the open road.
For 2019, the Mazda3 received a refresh inside and out that brings out its sporting spirit in a stylish design ready to stand out on the highway or while zipping around town. This small car may fit into compact parking spaces, but it is loaded with personality from its 186-hp 2.5L engine to a suspension that hugs every twist in the road. Driver assist functions are loaded onto every trim level, too. Tech fans will love its large infotainment system with an intuitive control dial and plenty of smartphone apps.
- Key Specs & Features
- 5 Reasons to Buy
- What You Need to Know
- Similar Vehicles
- The Bottom Line
Key Specs & Features
- Available as a compact four-door or five-door ready to deliver the spirited ride required for your daily drive.
- Select from confident front-wheel or capable all-wheel drive designed for added traction over mud, snow, and rain-soaked roads.
- The 2019 Mazda3 Hatchback with its automatic transmission, front-wheel drive and 2.5L engine gets an EPA-estimated 35 mpg highway.1
- The 2.5L dual overhead cam four-cylinder engine produces an impressive 186 hp. An automatic transmission offers selectable modes, or work the gears yourself with the available six-speed manual.
- Adaptive driver assist features such as blind spot monitoring, lane departure warnings, and smart cruise control are included on every trim.
- 8th - Best Small Cars (2019)
- 6th - Best Manual Transmission Cars (2018)
- 17th - Best Cars under $30,000 (2019)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Elegant and Sporty Style
Minimalist sensibilities are brought to the forefront with this sleek and stylish vehicle. Its sculpted exterior design with hungry LED headlights, a roofline spoiler, and forward facing presence creates the sense of motion even when parked.
2. Intuitive Cabin Design
From the control dial on the 8.8-inch infotainment display to the side-bolstered sport seats, the cockpit wraps you in comfort while providing crucial data in your line of sight. Settle in and find yourself at home with easy-to-understand buttons and controls.
3. Simply Fun to Drive
Whether you are using the paddle shifters, the short-throw manual transmission, or setting your adaptive cruise control, this compact machine loves to hug the corners while leaving a sense of confidence in your hands. You’ll be able to zip through the city or on the highway turning heads in this fun car.
4. Loaded with the Tech You Deserve
You sacrifice nothing in the smart-sized ride as its infotainment center offers easy access to your favorite smartphone apps, satellite radio, and multiple power points. Automatic climate control and available heated seats cater to your comfort without requiring constant adjustments.
5. Ready to Adapt on the Fly
You might want a compact car that fits into your garage and is easy to maneuver through crowded parking lots. In the 2019 Mazda3, you don't have to sacrifice cargo space to do it. The rear seat splits and folds forward, so you can hit the shopping mall without worrying about fitting your bags inside.
What You Need to Know
2019 Mazda3 Trim Configurations
The 2019 Mazda3 is offered as a Sedan or Hatchback with four trims found on the Sedan and three for the Hatchback. The base Hatchback starts with the Select trim features found on the Sedan.
- 186-hp 2.5L four-cylinder engine with six-speed automatic transmission
- 8.8-inch display with infotainment system, Bluetooth®, and audio streaming
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Cloth sport seats
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic climate control
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto®
- Heated front seats with driver memory
- Aluminum interior trim
- 12-speaker Bose® surround sound system
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Power moonroof
- Head-Up display with traffic sign recognition
- Adaptive headlights
- Leather-trimmed seating
- Large liftback for easy loading
- Gloss black roofline spoiler and grille
- Leatherette seating
- Smartphone app compatible
- Power, folding body-color side mirrors with turn signal
- LED headlights and daytime running lamps
- SiriusXM® satellite receiver
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Available six-speed manual transmission with overdrive
- Black-finish 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- Smart cruise control
- Signature LED head and taillights
2019 Mazda3 Color Choices
Six brilliant options available for your sporty ride including:
- Soul Red Crystal Metallic
- Snowflake White Pearl Mica
- Machine Gray Metallic
- Sonic Silver Metallic
- Deep Crystal Blue Metallic
- Jet Black Mica
Explore all your options and check out these similar compact cars.
This small car is offered as a sedan, hatch, or the sporty iM. All three Corolla styles are front-wheel drive. It is able to earn an EPA-estimated 40 mpg highway on the 2018 Corolla LE ECO with its 1.8L 140-hp engine and continuously variable transmission.1 The 2019 Corolla comes loaded with adaptive high beams, auto emergency braking, and lane departure warning. Experience the fun of piloting your machine in the SE MT with a six-speed manual transmission and power moonroof.
If you are seeking a minimal compact sedan, the 2018 Hyundai Elantra is designed to suit your needs. The 2018 Hyundai Elantra base model starts off with 15-inch steel wheels, cloth seats, manual air conditioning, and hands-free calling. You can opt for a manual shift on any trim line in the 2018 model, but the dual-clutch seven-speed automatic transmission does provide an athletic ride on the Sport. Should you desire luxury features, they are available in the Ultimate Package that includes navigation, heated rear seats, smart cruise control, and driver memory.
For the urban explorer, the 2018 Mazda CX-3 provides added versatility in a sporty yet compact SUV. Load up for weekend escapes with the 2018 model’s split-rear seat folded down and fill its 44.5-cubic foot cargo area with camping gear, shopping bags, or oversized boxes. The 2018 Mazda CX-3’s 2.0L four-cylinder engine pairs with its six-speed automatic transmission that offers Sport and Manual mode. Take to graveled roads with confidence with the available all-wheel drive and stay in touch using its Bluetooth® hands-free calling and app capabilities.
The Bottom Line
If you love working the shifter and feeling the roll of your car while slipping through twists and turns, the Mazda3 answers the call as a compact ride ready to take on your sporting needs. Smart interior tech toys and a comfortable cockpit simply add to the driving experience, making this one the right choice for your active and urban lifestyle.
Looking to learn more about the 2019 Mazda3 and other similar compact cars? Check out these related articles.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.