A sleek and assertive compact sedan.
Whether you're commuting for work or hauling golf clubs to a weekend tee-off, the sporty 2019 Toyota Corolla will get you there in style. The smooth curves of the body command attention while the roomy interior keeps you cozy on your travels—far and near. This classy vehicle is the head-turner of the 2019 Toyota compact car line-up. Here's what you'll learn in this 2019 Toyota Corolla review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2019 Corolla is available in six trim options ranging from base to loaded: L, LE, LE ECO, SE, XLE, and XSE.
- The 2019 Corolla is powered by a 1.8L four-cylinder engine rated at 132 horsepower with a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). The SE and XSE offer an available six-speed manual transmission and the LE ECO features a 140-horsepower version of the engine.
- Enjoy gas mileage at an EPA-estimated 36 mpg on the highway, 28 mpg in the city, and 32 mpg combined on 2019 models with the 1.8L engine.1
- The 2019 Corolla features a seven-inch touchscreen display with optional navigation and audio package.
- All 2019 Toyota Corolla sedan models and configurations feature front-wheel drive.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Features That Inspire Confidence
All 2019 Toyota Corolla trims feature the brand's signature ToyotaSafety Sense™ P (TSS-P) package. As soon as you get behind the wheel you'll appreciate the collision warning system, pedestrian detection, automatic emergency braking, automatic high-beam headlights, steering assist, lane departure warning, and more. Whether you're a new driver learning to take to the road or a veteran traveler logging thousands of miles each year, you'll enjoy taking advantage of these forward-thinking features. Combine this with entertainment features and the inside of a 2019 Corolla is a great place to be.
2. A Modern Technology Package
Standard features across the 2019 Toyota Corolla sedan lineup appeal to the tech-savvy consumer. These include a touchscreen multimedia system, iPod integration, a USB port, and Bluetooth® enabled connectivity for hands-free phone calls and music streaming. Luxury trim options offer an upgrade from the standard 6.1-inch screen to a larger seven-inch option. Even if you don't consider yourself tech-savvy, you'll still find the 2019 Toyota Corolla's features easy to use.
3. Ample Interior Passenger Room
The Corolla line may be known for its compact exterior size allowing ease of city driving and parallel parking, but don't let that fool you. The interior is spacious with 38.3 inches of headroom, 53 inches of hip room, and 42.3 inches of legroom in the front seats. Rear passengers enjoy 37.1 inches of headroom, 43.9 inches of hip room, and 41.4 inches of legroom in this five-passenger, four-door vehicle.
4. Great for the Commute
The 2019 Toyota Corolla houses an approximate-13.2-gallon fuel tank that boasts an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 32 mpg combined with the 1.8L engine and continuously variable transmission.1 Commuting workers and adventure-seekers alike will appreciate the ability to go, go, go without thinking about when and where to fill up next. So if you have a long commute, you'll feel more confident for the journey ahead.
5. Comfortable Town Handling
For those navigating suburban roadways, the smooth braking system and assisted steering make the four-cylinder 2019 Toyota Corolla a joy to drive. Plus, this vehicle has ample get-up-and-go for city freeway driving, as it clocks in at approximately 7.5 seconds to reach 60 mph (according to the manufacturer, when new). Whether you're stopping off for groceries or hauling little league supplies, the 13-square-foot cargo area in the trunk can handle your task with ease. This makes the 2019 Corolla a great choice if you have a lot of errands to run and passengers to ferry.
What You Need to Know
Available Exterior Paint Color Options
- Barcelona Red Metallic
- Black Sand Pearl
- Blizzard Pearl
- Blue Crush Metallic
- Classic Silver Metallic
- Falcon Gray Metallic
- Galactic Aqua Mica
- Slate Metallic
- Super White
Standard Interior Colors and Materials
- L: Steel-gray interior and fabric seats
- LE: Almond, ash, or black interior and fabric seats
- LE ECO: Almond, ash, or black interior and fabric seats
- SE: Black, orange zest, or vivid blue interior and fabric seats with SofTex
- XLE: Black interior color and SofTex leather seats
- XSE: Black interior color and SofTex leather seats
2019 Toyota Corolla Trim Features
- L: Four standard exterior color options, Bluetooth®, Steering wheel audio controls, an MP3 player, remote trunk release, and more
- LE: Eight standard exterior color options, climate control, keyless entry, power mirrors, steering-wheel audio controls, and more
- LE ECO: Three standard exterior color options, auxiliary audio input, bucket seats, cruise control, and more
- SE: Nine standard exterior color options, air conditioning, Bluetooth®, steering-wheel audio controls, cruise control, and more
- XLE: Eight standard exterior color options, satellite radio, smart device integration, heated front seats, power driver seat, and more
- XSE: Nine standard exterior color options, adaptive cruise control, HD radio, leather steering wheel, and more
Standard Specs on all 2019 Toyota Corolla Models
- ABS and Driveline Traction Control
- Back-up Camera
- Daytime Running Lights
- Dual Stage Driver and Passenger Front and Seat-Mounted Safety Airbags
- Electronic Stability Control
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Second-Row Airbags
- Stability Control
- Traction Control
The Honda Civic has been on the road for over 40 years, making it a household name in the popular compact car category. You'll find coupe, hatchback, sedan, and wagon models powered by a four-cylinder engine, with eco-conscious hybrid powertrain options on the roster. The 10th-generation Honda Civic (released in 2016) offers a quiet two-liter I4 or 1.5L turbo-four engine alongside modern technology connectivity features and high-grade interior materials. New features on 2019 models include a five-inch infotainment screen, a back-up camera, keyless entry, and Bluetooth® capability. It's a great car if you live in a city or regularly commute into one for work, as it's compact enough to maneuver around narrow, busy streets.
The 2019 Toyota Camry also features five seats and a sedan body type—perfect for daily driving. The combined EPA-estimated fuel economy is 34 mpg combined on 2019 models with a standard 203 horsepower, 2.5L four-cylinder engine.1 An upgrade to a 301-horsepower, 3.5L V6 is also available. A 2.5L hybrid option in the 2019 line up yields a combined EPA-estimated fuel economy of 52 mpg, excellent for business or pleasure road trips.1 For 2019, the Camry added Apple CarPlay® and Amazon Alexa™ compatibility.
This sedan from the Volkswagen family has a long-time reputation for being a cozy passenger car with style. Since 2016, the base engine in the Volkswagen Jetta line is the slick 1.4L turbo-four with responsive handling. Like other models in its class, 2016 and newer Jettas offer a touchscreen system with the option of features such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™. 2019 models with the 1.4L engine feature an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 30 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway, making it a smart daily-use vehicle.1You'll also enjoy the compact size when it comes to tight parking garages.
The Bottom Line
When you want compact convenience paired with smooth modern styling, the 2019 Toyota Corolla delivers. From the spacious interior to the cool tech features, it's a pleasure to get behind the wheel. Looking to learn more about the 2019 Toyota Corolla sedan? Check out these related resources:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.