Rule the road in this powerful pickup.
If you're on the hunt for a pickup truck with a strong heritage as a workhorse, you may have found it in the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The Silverado aims to please with plenty of drivetrain options and trim levels, and the newly available trailering technology on the 2020 model year is sure to impress.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Chevrolet Silverados on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Chevrolet Silverado with similar features.
Below are average prices of prior model year Chevrolet Silverados at CarMax.1
- 2019 - Average prices less than $36,0001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Chevrolet Silverado review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with 4WD, 4.3L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 17 mpg combined.2
- With the 2WD 3.0L diesel engine, the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado gets an EPA-estimated 27 combined.2
The 2020 Silverado is available with three different truck bed lengths:
- Max cargo capacity is 89.1 cubic feet with the longest bed size.
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity is an estimated 13,400 lbs. on the double cab standard bed RST 4x4 with available 6.2L V8 engine, Max Trailering Package, and 20-inch wheel models, when properly equipped.3
- Three seats in the regular cab model
- Six seats in the double cab and crew cab models
- 4.3L V6 with a six-speed automatic
- 5.3L V8 with a six-speed automatic
- 2.7L Turbo with an eight-speed automatic
- 5.3L V8 with an eight-speed automatic or 10-speed automatic
- 6.2L V8 with a 10-speed automatic
- 3.0L inline-six turbo-diesel and a 10-speed automatic
- Seven-inch-diagonal color touchscreen is standard on Work Truck, Custom, and Custom Trail Boss; eight-inch-diagonal color touchscreen is standard on LT, RST, and LT Trail Boss
- Bose® seven-speaker audio system with Richbass woofer is standard on High Country and available on RST, LT Trail Boss, and LTZ
- Built-in Wi-Fi hotspot with available 4G LTE data is standard on LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, LTZ, and High Country; available on Work Truck, Custom, and Custom Trail Boss4
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility as standard
- Wireless charging standard on High Country and available on LTZ
The Chevrolet Silverado has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Advanced technology
Starting with the Work Truck trim, a number of standard technology features are included on the 2020 Silverado. For instance, the rear vision camera provides you with a view directly behind your truck on the display screen to help you park and avoid nearby objects. A tire pressure alert system monitors the pressure in each tire and lets you know if there is a low-pressure condition in one or more of the tires. Plus, Teen Driver Technology turns on and prevents the disabling of active driver-assistance technologies like lane-keeping assistance and forward collision warnings.
2. 10 Gorgeous Exterior Color Choices
Whether you prefer tintcoat, metallic, or pearl tricoat, the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a color for you. This truck is about more than its cargo and towing capacities; the designers made sure it's as beautiful as it is functional. Do you have a thing for red? Red Hot is available on every trim, and Cajun Red Tintcoat is available on every trim but the Work Truck. Feeling more indigo? Northsky Blue Metallic will soothe your blues. Silver, black, and brown round out your plethora of color choices.
3. Drivetrains for Every Personality
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado is available with six drivetrain options, starting with a 4.3L V6. Rolling up through the selections and trims, you might choose the 6.2L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission (Custom Trail Boss, RST, and LT Trail Boss). Or perhaps a 5.3L V8 engine with a 10-speed automatic transmission (High Country 4WD and LT Trail Boss) is right for you. Then again, you might want the 2.7L Turbo engine with eight-speed automatic transmission (Work Truck and Custom). Last but not least, you can opt for the new-for-2020 3.0L Turbo-Diesel with 10-speed automatic transmission on the LT, RST, LTZ, and High Country trims.
4. Trailer Technology
When you're ready to back up your trailer, the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado makes life as easy as possible with its new Advanced Trailering System. With up to 15 different camera angles, your confidence will be higher than ever. The "invisible trailer" feature of the system stitches together multiple images from the cameras, resulting in a view that helps you see right through the trailer. Ready to go camping? You can trust this truck to make it easy.
5. Variety Is the Spice of Silverado
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a veritable buffet of choices: eight trim levels, three cab styles, three bed lengths, five engines, and a partridge in a pear tree. Just kidding; partridge not included. Every step up the trims offer more options, so depending on your must-have features, you'll be able to find the trim that suits you. If you want the full package of towing capabilities, luxury comfort, and cargo capacity, that's available in the High Country. In any case, every model includes Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Bluetooth® capabilities.
What You Need to Know
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500: Available Trims
- Work Truck: Includes 17-inch steel wheels, vinyl or cloth seats, and a infotainment system with a seven-inch-diagonal color touchscreen.
- Custom: Features a body-color styling theme, 20-inch painted aluminum wheels, LED signature taillamps, and available integrated dual exhaust.
- Custom Trail Boss: Builds on the Custom with off-road equipment, including a two-inch suspension lift installed at the factory and the Z71 Off Road Package, with a locking rear differential, skid plates, and more.
- LT: Features chrome accents on the bumpers, front grille, and mirror caps; LED reflector headlamps and signature daytime running lights; eight-inch-diagonal color touchscreen; and available leather-appointed seating surfaces.
- RST: This street-ready version offers body-color trim, full LED lighting (fog lamps, headlamps, and taillamps), and up to 22-inch wheels.
- LT Trail Boss: Like the Custom Trail Boss, this adds a blacked-out appearance and off-road equipment to the LT, including a two-inch suspension lift from the factory and the Z71 Off Road Package, and more.
- LTZ: Adds chrome accents on the bumpers, front grille, mirror caps, door handles, and side windows; power-folding and heated outside rearview mirrors; and leather-appointed interior trim.
- High Country: Features a two-tone chrome and bronze finish, body-color accents, chrome assist steps, and power up/down tailgate.
2020 Chevrolet Silverado: Available Colors
- Cajun Red Tintcoat (available on the Custom trim and higher)
- Havana Brown Metallic
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat (available on the LT trim and higher)
- Northsky Blue Metallic
- Red Hot
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Shadow Grey Metallic
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Summit White
2020 Chevrolet Silverado: Interior
- Three different truck bed length options (5'0", 6'7", and 8'2"). Max cargo capacity is 89.1 cubic feet with the longest bed size.
- The 2020 Silverado seats three in the regular cab and six in the double cab and crew cab configurations.
- Seven-inch-diagonal color touchscreen standard on Work Truck, Custom, and Custom Trail Boss; eight-inch-diagonal color touchscreen is standard on LT, RST, and LT Trail Boss. Six-speaker audio system and USB port standard.
- Two available rear-seatback storage compartments, rear underseat storage, and a storage cubby in the available center console (LT Trail Boss and higher trims).
2020 Chevrolet Silverado: Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Chevrolet Silverado.1
- 2019 - Average prices less than $36,0001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Silverado, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado5
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a newer model and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Chevrolet Silverados with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the Chevrolet Silverado.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 3.5/5.0
- Average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance: $714.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010–2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Chevrolet Silverado
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado received overall 4/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
Incredibly smooth with plenty of power, the Ford F-150 is an attractive and capable pickup truck. Need a family hauler that can also tow? Look no further. Want a rugged work truck? The Ford F-150 also fits the bill. For model years 2017-2019, the Ford F-150 can be equipped with V6 and V8 engines in both gasoline and diesel options. On 2019 models, these features are standard:
- Cloth seats
- Halogen headlights
- Four-speaker audio system
- Black vinyl flooring
Rugged and versatile, the RAM 1500 is an all-around terrific full-size pickup truck. The RAM 1500 aims to please, whether you're seeking a vehicle to hold your crew or your family. For model years 2017-2019, the RAM 1500 is offered in two different cab configurations: the quad cab and crew cab. This truck is also available in two bed sizes: a standard six-foot, four-inch bed and a shorter option of a five-foot, seven-inch bed. A 3.6L V6 engine at 305 hp is standard across all trim levels, and a larger and more powerful 5.7L V8 is optional.
Standard features for 2017-2019 models include:
- Five-inch touchscreen interface
- Vinyl flooring and upholstery
- Front and rear stabilizer bars
- Folding rear bench seat
Attractive styling, generous driver-assistance features, and a number of trim choices are the hallmark of Toyota's full-size truck. The 2019 Toyota Tundra offers powerful engine options, including a 2.7L four-cylinder engine at 159 hp, which is standard. And a more powerful 3.5L V6 at 278 hp is available with the TRD Sport trim and above. Technology is at the forefront of the Tundra, and the 2019 model year includes a blind-spot monitoring system, lane departure warning, and an integrated backup camera. These features are standard for 2019 models:
- Halogen headlights
- 4.2-inch driver information display
- Six-speaker audio system with 6.1-inch touchscreen
- Dynamic radar cruise control system
The Bottom Line
There is no doubt the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers a little something for everyone. Whether you need a truck for work, play, or family fun, the Silverado will exceed your expectations. This truck is ready for the adventure you're looking for and the features you need.
Looking to learn more on your search to find the right truck for you? Take a look at these related articles:
1Based on prices on carmax.com in December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
4Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
5RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.