A real desert racer for your driveway.
The 2020 Ford F-150 Raptor is a full-size, off-road-ready pickup truck. Based on the popular Ford F-150, the Raptor is one of the most capable 4WD vehicles on the market. The Raptor should definitely be on your shopping list if you are looking for extraordinary adventure. While we currently do not have many 2020 Ford Raptors on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future.
The first-generation Raptor (2010–2014) is a great choice, as is the updated second-generation (2017 to present) Raptor. So, if you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Ford Raptor with similar features.
Below are the average prices for prior model years of the Ford Raptor at CarMax.
- 2019 - Average price less than $51,5001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Ford Raptor review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2020 Ford Raptor comes standard with a twin-turbo 3.5L EcoBoost® engine which gets an EPA-estimated 16 mpg combined city/highway.2
- Total cargo space in the 2020 Raptor's bed is a total of 52.8 cubic feet.
- The 2020 Ford Raptor's towing capacity is an estimated 8,000 lbs. with the 3.5L engine when properly equipped.3
- The 2020 Ford Raptor can seat up to six people across its two rows of seating areas.
- The 2020 Ford Raptor is only available with one engine, a 450-hp 3.5L twin-turbo High Output (HO) EcoBoost six-cylinder.
- SYNC® 3 infotainment system with a standard 4.2-inch display screen or optional eight-inch touchscreen
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio (single option)
- Available audio systems from Kicker® (SuperCab and SuperCrew®) and B&O™ PLAY (802A Luxury package)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. YOUR OWN DESERT RACER
The 2020 Ford Raptor was born and bred to tackle sand and mud all across the world. Racing versions sporting the same 3.5L engine have competed in many events so this is hardly just a drive around the block. It's clear the Raptor has most certainly been built to handle whatever you can throw at it. And, with off-road features like Trail Control™, which is a cruise-control system for low-traction off-roading, plus big wheels and trick Fox™ high-performance off-road racing shocks, the Raptor is ready to go.
2. ROOM FOR THE FAMILY
Sure, it's a factory-built off-roader, but the Raptor can also help you bring your family or friends along on the adventure. The 2020 Raptor makes use of the F-150's SuperCrew cab. That means seating for up to six people, so the Raptor has a practical side whether you're doing the school run, planning a vacation with friends, or want to take the whole crew on a camping trip.
3. A TOUCH OF LUXURY
You don't need to sacrifice comfort just because you drive an off-road vehicle. The 2020 Ford Raptor comes with standard cloth seating, however, you can go further and opt for a variety of seating options. Beyond the super cool optional Recaro® sport seats with perforated "rhapsody blue" Alcantara® inserts (available as a single option and not part of a specific package), you can find even more luxurious options. Your ideal Raptor might just come with the optional 10-way-adjustable perforated leather seats with heating and cooling functions for the front passengers (part of the 801A and 802A packages).
4. ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES
A long weekend on the trails should end with some good music at the campsite or homestead. Check out the Raptor's infotainment and audio features like the SYNC® 3 infotainment system with its standard 4.2-inch screen and optional eight-inch touchscreen (single option). Beyond the standard SiriusXM Satellite Radio, you can further upgrade your musical experience with an optional Kicker subwoofer or the optional B&O PLAY premium audio system. The Raptor is more than just an off-road machine, it has also got some great entertainment upgrades for those longer road trips.
5. BRAWN AND TECH
We've already established how great the Raptor is off-road and it has got a surprising amount of luxury and even premium sound options too. But it doesn't stop there, when it comes to driver-assist technology, the 2020 Raptor has plenty to brag about. With optional features like adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go, BLIS® (Blind-Spot Information System) with cross-traffic alert and trailer coverage, FordPass™ Connect 4G Wi-Fi Mode, integrated trailer brake controller, and pro trailer backup assist, you'll find quite a lot to love about the Ford Raptor.3
What You Need to Know
2020 Ford Raptor: Available Trims
All generations of the Ford Raptor have technically been sold as a trim level of the popular Ford F-150. However, 2020 Ford Raptors boast an assortment of "equipment groups" so that you can find the ideal Raptor for you:
- 800A Base: Features unique cloth seats with flow-through console and floor shifter, Fox high-performance off-road racing shocks, unique instrument panel, plus other Raptor-specific trimming on the interior.
- 801A Mid: Adds 10-way power leather-trimmed heated driver and front-passenger seats, power-adjustable pedals, power-sliding rear window with privacy tint, and defrost feature.
- 802A Luxury: Features additional upgrades like a new 4.10 front-axle with TORSEN® differential, 10-way power heated driver and passenger seats with memory, a 360-degree camera, and a high-end B&O PLAY premium audio system.
2020 Ford Raptor: Available Colors
The 2020 Ford Raptor is available in the following eight colors:
- Agate Black
- Ford Performance Blue
- Lead Foot
- Oxford White
- Race Red
- Rapid Red (For additional $395)
- Velocity Blue
2020 Ford Raptor: Interior
The 2020 Ford Raptor is available with lots of great interior features:
- SYNC 3 infotainment system with a standard 4.2-inch screen or an optional eight-inch touchscreen.
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Standard cloth seating with optional perforated leather-trimmed seats or Recaro sport seats.
2020 Ford Raptor: Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Ford Raptor is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Ford Raptor.
- 2019 - Average prices less than $51,5001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Ford Raptor, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
- 2016 Ford Raptor
- 2017 Ford Raptor
- 2018 Ford Raptor
- 2019 Ford Raptor
If you're interested in the 2020 Ford Raptor, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
You should be able to find a stellar used F-150 out there that fits your needs. The F-150's thirteenth generation began in 2015 and the 2017 model saw updates like new engine options and a variety of trim levels. You can expect a bevy of standard features on the 2017 Ford F-150 XLT like the SYNC infotainment system and fog lamps.
For the 2018 model year, Ford celebrated the F-150's 40th anniversary with a host of updates. Look for standard features on the 2018 XLT trim like:
- Cloth seating
- Chrome grille with chrome surround and black mesh insert
- Chrome bumpers
- Black front tow hooks (4x4 only)
- 17-inch silver-painted aluminum wheels
- 40/20/40-split front seat
For 2019, Ford updated the F-150 to the SYNC 3 system and added Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
If you are looking for a cool midsize truck, look no further than the Ford Ranger. After a hiatus that began in 2012, the Ford Ranger is back in the U.S. for the 2019 model year! The fourth-generation Ford Ranger brings an excellent mix of size and capability to your driveway. All 2019 Rangers come with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine mated to a 10-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission. Even the base XL is well-equipped, with standard features for 2019, including:
- Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking (AEB)
- Rearview camera with dynamic hitch assist
- Cloth-trimmed seats
- Rear under-seat storage
- SYNC infotainment system with 4.2-inch LCD screen
If you need something big and brawny to haul your biggest load or tow your trailer, the 3/4-ton Ford F-250 is your truck. The 2019 model with the 6.2L engine can pull an estimated 10,000 lbs. when properly equipped.2
The F-250 was all-new for 2017 and came standard with a big 6.2L V8 engine or an optional 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel. The standard transmission is a TorqShift® six-speed SelectShift® automatic with tow/haul mode. Expect standard features on the 2017 F-250 XLT like:
- Quick-release easy-up tailgate
- Air conditioning
- Cloth seating with adjustable lumbar support
- Cruise control
- Upgraded interior carpeting
- Instrument cluster LCD screen
- Additional exterior chrome trim
For 2018, Ford added a new diesel engine and, for 2019, the F-250 got a new Lariat Sport Package and the B&O Play stereo as an option.
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Ford Raptor offers seating for six in a truck that can go almost anywhere. Add in a great mix of luxury and tech features and you can't go wrong with a Raptor in your driveway. So, if you're up for an extraordinary adventure, the Raptor is definitely one to add to your shopping list.
Want to learn more about the Ford Raptor and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2 Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories
3Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.