A fresh take on the SUV.
A fresh take on the three-row SUV, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade should be a great choice if you're looking for something with plenty of standard features, the latest in driver aids, and a very comfortable cabin. The new-for-2020 Hyundai Palisade is well-equipped at any trim. You'll find the smart design throughout. Whether you need an SUV for toy towing or family hauling, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade is sure to please.
While we currently don't have many 2020 Hyundai Palisades on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Hyundai Palisade review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2020 Hyundai Palisade front-wheel drive is equipped with a 3.8L engine and gets an estimated 22 mpg combined fuel economy.1
- All-wheel drive models with the 3.8L engine can expect an estimated 21 combined mpg.1
- With all three rows up, there are an impressive 18 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row.
- Fold all seats down to open up a whopping 86.4 cubic feet of space.
- All 2020 Hyundai Palisade trims can tow up to an estimated 5,000 pounds when paired with the right equipment and the V6 engine.2
- The 2020 Hyundai Palisade has seating for up to eight passengers.
- The 2020 Hyundai Palisade features a 291-horsepower 3.8L V6 engine as standard on all trims.
- Standard forward collision-avoidance assist with pedestrian detection
- Standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Surround-view monitor (Limited trim)
- Rear collision-avoidance assist (SEL trim)
- In-car intercom (SEL package required)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Room for the whole family
Finding the next family hauler just got a lot easier. The 2020 Hyundai Palisade does interior space well. A total of 86.4 cubic feet of space is excellent for kids and adults alike, and you can stretch out with 42.4-inches of legroom in the second-row. The SEL trim has an available eight-passenger option, which swaps the second-row captain's chairs with a three-passenger bench.
2. Loaded with cool modern tech
You don't have to stretch your dollars to get the latest technology. The 2020 Hyundai Palisade comes loaded with many in-demand features, even at the lowest trim. Standard tech features include forward collision-avoidance, lane-following assist. Five USB ports, and an eight-inch touchscreen with full smartphone connectivity.
3. Fashion meets function
The 2020 Hyundai Palisade's styling gives a fashionable edge to this practical people-hauler. While the exterior is aggressive and boxy, it makes use of modern design cues. Dual-level headlights flank a bold grille. On the interior, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade features a simplistic, modern design. A fully digital dashboard complements the look.
4. Luxury Features
If you're looking for a luxury family SUV or just something to make the commute comfortable, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited trim is worth a look. You'll find many features like heated/ventilated front and second-row seats, a microsuede headliner, premium Nappa leather seats, a 12-speaker Harman Kardon® audio system, and more. Top if off with dual power sunroofs to let the sunshine in.
5. Power to haul
There's only one engine and transmission available on the 2020 Hyundai Palisade. That means, regardless of trim, the towing and capability are the same. The eight-speed automatic transmission is available in a choice of FWD or AWD on all trims. You can tow up to an estimated 5,000 pounds when properly equipped.2
What You Need to Know
- SE: Includes basic driver aids, five USB ports, an eight-inch touchscreen, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, adaptive cruise control, and more.
- SEL: Adds a variety of packages, including proximity key and push-button start, heated front seats, blind-spot collision-avoidance assist, dual-zone automatic climate control, and more.
- Limited: Adds a rear-power sunroof, Nappa leather seats, a surround-view monitor, a 12-speaker Harmon Kardon® speaker system, and much more.
- Becketts Black / Black Noir Pearl
- Hyper White / Cream white
- Lagoon Silver
- Moonlight Cloud
- Sierra Burgundy
- Steel Graphite
- A full-featured infotainment system with five USB ports.
- A fold-flat cargo volume of 86.4 cubic feet.
- Standard seven-passenger seating, and eight-passenger seating available on SEL trims.
- 64-color ambient lighting on Limited trims.
- A standard rearview camera.
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Hyundai Palisade is a newer model year, and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable.
NHTSA Safety Ratings – 2020 Hyundai Palisade
The 2020 Hyundai Palisade was rated overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Hyundai Palisade, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
Get bold external styling and modern interior design with the new-for-2020 Kia Telluride. The first year for this three-row SUV, it has already found a place on driveways across the country. Breathing fresh air into the SUV market, the Kia Telluride packs value into its trims. A 3.8L V6 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission power up to eight passengers.
The well-equipped base model 2020 Kia Telluride includes:
- Blind-spot collision avoidance assist
- A rearview monitor
- An eight-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Push-button start.
- Adaptive cruise control
The Ford Explorer continues to be a great choice. An impressive 21 cubic feet of cargo space is available behind the third row, giving you more room for that weekend road trip. Add the right equipment and the 2019 Ford Explorer with the twin-turbocharged 3.5L V6 can tow up to an estimated 5,000 pounds, too.2 A variety of engines and trims give you the freedom to pick the perfect 2019 Ford Explorer.
Useful features found on the 2019 Ford Explorer include:
- Standard LED running lights.
- A reverse sensing system (2019 XLT trims and higher)
- A twin-panel moonroof (Available on Limited, standard on Platinum)
- Push-button start (XLT and higher)
- A 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot (Limited and higher)3
If you're looking for something truly luxurious, the 2020 Lincoln Aviator is a three-row SUV that is sure to please. An available twin-turbocharged 3.0L V6 engine makes the Lincoln Aviator a sporty delight. Genuine wood trim and elegant controls complete the high-end cruising experience. You can tow up to an estimated 6,700 pounds with the twin-turbocharged 3.0L engine and the right equipment.2
All 2020 Lincoln Aviators include:
- Full LED exterior lighting
- A 10.1-inch touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Forward and reverse sensing systems
- Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking, blind-spot assist, and a lane-keeping system
- Leather seating
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Hyundai Palisade stands out thanks to its styling and entry-level features. Imagine where the ample cargo capacity, available eight-passenger seating, powerful engine, and capable tow capacity will take you next.
Interested to learn more? Check out some of these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.