A fresh take on the SUV.
- Fuel Economy
- Tech Features
- Interior & Cargo
- Engine & Transmission
- Available Trims
- Color Options
- NHTSA Safety Ratings
- Similar Vehicles
- The Bottom Line
A fresh take on the three-row SUV, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade should be a great choice if you're looking for something with plenty of standard features, the latest in driver aids, and a very comfortable cabin. The new-for-2020 Hyundai Palisade is well-equipped at any trim. You'll find the smart design throughout. Whether you need an SUV for toy towing or family hauling, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade is sure to please.
- The 2020 Hyundai Palisade front-wheel drive is equipped with a 3.8L V6 engine and gets an EPA estimated 19 mpg city/26 mpg highway.1
- All-wheel drive models with the 3.8L V6 engine get an EPA estimated 19 mpg city/24 mpg highway.1
- While there are SUVs that get better fuel economy than the 2020 Hyundai Palisade, the 2020 Palisade’s fuel economy is quite impressive for the midsize SUV class.
- Standard forward collision-avoidance assist with pedestrian detection
- Standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Surround-view monitor (Limited trim)
- Rear collision-avoidance assist (SEL trim)
- In-car intercom (SEL package required)
- A full-featured infotainment system with five USB ports.
- 64-color ambient lighting on Limited trims.
- A standard rearview camera.
Interior & Cargo
Room for the whole family
Finding the next family hauler just got a lot easier. The 2020 Hyundai Palisade does interior space well. A total of 86.4 cubic feet of space is excellent for kids and adults alike, and you can stretch out with 42.4-inches of legroom in the second-row. The SEL trim has an available eight-passenger option, which swaps the second-row captain's chairs with a three-passenger bench.
Loaded with cool modern tech
You don't have to stretch your dollars to get the latest technology. The 2020 Hyundai Palisade comes loaded with many in-demand features, even at the lowest trim. Standard tech features include forward collision-avoidance, lane-following assist, five USB ports, and an eight-inch touchscreen with full smartphone connectivity.
Fashion meets function
The 2020 Hyundai Palisade's styling gives a fashionable edge to this practical people-hauler. While the exterior is aggressive and boxy, it makes use of modern design cues. Dual-level headlights flank a bold grille. On the interior, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade features a simplistic, modern design. A fully digital dashboard complements the look.
If you're looking for a luxury family SUV or just something to make the commute comfortable, the 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited trim is worth a look. You'll find many of the same features from high-end SUVs, like heated/ventilated front and second-row seats, a microsuede headliner, premium Nappa leather seats, a 12-speaker Harman Kardon® audio system, and more. Top if off with dual power sunroofs to let the sunshine in.
- The 2020 Hyundai Palisade can seat either seven or eight passengers depending on whether or not the trim that you select comes equipped with second-row captain’s seats. This abundance of seating and passenger space makes the 2020 Hyundai Palisade an excellent choice for large families or anyone who needs the extra room.
Engine & Transmission
The 2020 Hyundai Palisade features a 291-horsepower 3.8L V6 engine as standard on all trims.
There's only one engine and transmission available on the 2020 Hyundai Palisade. That means, regardless of trim, the towing and capability are the same. The eight-speed automatic transmission is available in a choice of FWD or AWD on all trims. You can tow up to an estimated 5,000 pounds when properly equipped.2
All 2020 Hyundai Palisade trims can tow up to an estimated 5,000 pounds when paired with the right equipment and the V6 engine.2 This makes the 2020 Palisade an ideal vehicle for tasks that range from towing a boat to the lake, towing storage trailers when moving, and more. Suffice it to say that if you are looking for a midsize SUV that is capable of towing just about anything you might need to tow then the 2020 Hyundai Palisade is an excellent vehicle to consider.
- SE: The SE trim of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade is the vehicle’s base trim level. This trim includes standard features such as basic driver aids, five USB ports, an eight-inch touchscreen, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, adaptive cruise control, and more. If you are looking for a trim level that offers plenty of value in addition to a nice array of impressive features, then the Palisade’s SE trim is an ideal choice.
- SEL: The SEL trim of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade includes everything found on the SE trim as well as a number of exciting additional features. These additional features include proximity key and push-button start, heated front seats, blind-spot collision-avoidance assist, dual-zone automatic climate control, and more. Those in the market for a well-equipped and luxurious SUV that still offers a nice balance of value will find plenty to appreciate about this trim level.
- Limited: The Limited trim is the 2020 Hyundai Palisade’s highest available trim level. This trim includes everything found on the SEL trim and adds features such as a rear-power sunroof, Nappa leather seats, a surround-view monitor, a 12-speaker Harmon Kardon® speaker system, and much more. If you are looking to purchase a truly upscale, luxurious, and feature-rich midsize SUV then you should take a look at the Limited trim of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade.
- Becketts Black / Black Noir Pearl
- Hyper White / Cream white
- Lagoon Silver
- Moonlight Cloud
- Sierra Burgundy
- Steel Graphite
NHTSA Safety Ratings – 2020 Hyundai Palisade
- The 2020 Hyundai Palisade was rated overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- The 2020 Hyundai Palisade was rated 5/5 for its frontal crash safety rating by the NHTSA.
- The 2020 Hyundai Palisade was rated 5/5 for its side crash safety rating by the NHTSA.
Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle
If you're interested in the 2020 Hyundai Palisade, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Ford Explorer continues to be a great choice. An impressive 21 cubic feet of cargo space is available behind the third row, giving you more room for that weekend road trip. Add the right equipment and the 2019 Ford Explorer with the twin-turbocharged 3.5L V6 can tow up to an estimated 5,000 pounds, too.2 A variety of engines and trims give you the freedom to pick the perfect 2019 Ford Explorer.
Useful features found on the 2019 Ford Explorer include:
- Standard LED running lights.
- A reverse sensing system (2019 XLT trims and higher)
- A twin-panel moonroof (Available on Limited, standard on Platinum)
- Push-button start (XLT and higher)
- A 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot (Limited and higher)3
The 2020 Honda Pilot is an excellent choice for anyone wanting to purchase a used SUV thanks especially to its spacious interior, powerful engine, and stylish design. All trims of the 2020 Honda Pilot come equipped with a powerful 280 hp 3.5L V6 engine that is capable of towing up to 3,500 lbs. for V6 2WD models and 5,000 for AWD models when properly equipped.2In terms of interior space, the roomy 2020 Pilot offers 16.5 cubic feet behind the third row and a maximum volume of 83.8 cubic feet with the second and third-row seats folded down.
Useful features found on the 2020 Honda Pilot include:
- A standard rearview camera
- Heated front seats (EX trim and higher)
- An eight-inch touchscreen display (EX trim and higher)
- Leather seats (EX-L trim and higher)
- Panoramic sunroof (Elite and Black Edition trims)
The 2020 Toyota Highlander is a power three-row SUV that comes equipped with a 295 hp 3.5L V6 engine. When equipped with this potent engine, the 2020 Toyota Highlander is capable of towing an estimated 5,000 pounds.2In addition to plenty of power, drivers who purchase the 2020 Toyota Highlander can also look forward to ample cargo space (73.3 cubic feet with the second and third-row seats folded down), an attractive interior design, and plenty of standard and available features across its five different trim configurations.
Useful features found on the 2020 Toyota Highlander include:
- Standard tri-zone automatic climate control
- Standard LED headlights and taillights
- A leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob (LE trim and higher)
- Heated front seats (XLE trim and higher)
- A 360-degree bird's-eye-view camera (Platinum trim)
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Hyundai Palisade stands out thanks to its attractive styling, powerful V6 engine, and ample amount of interior space. If you are looking to purchase a roomy SUV to serve as your next family vehicle that is powerful enough to tackle most any task and deliver a thrilling driving experience, then the 2020 Palisade may be the ideal vehicle for you.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.