A luxury compact SUV brimming with premium features.
The 2020 Infiniti QX50 is a versatile five-passenger SUV, especially if you want a luxury vehicle with many standard features and comfortable cabin space. Whether loading up for a long road trip, carpooling friends to the game, or keeping up with your busy schedule, this Infiniti SUV lets you do so in style and comfort.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Infiniti QX50s on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Infiniti QX50 with similar features.
Below are average prices for prior model years of the Infiniti QX50 at CarMax.
- 2019 - Average prices less than $35,5001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Infiniti QX50 review:
Key Specs and Features
- The FWD model with a 2.0L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 26 mpg combined.2
- The AWD model with a 2.0L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 25 mpg combined.2
- The 2020 QX50 features 31.4 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the second row.
- Folding the second row down expands cargo capacity to 65.1 cubic feet.
- Infiniti QX50's towing capacity is an estimated 3,000 lbs. with the 2.0L four-cylinder on 2020 models when properly equipped.3
- The 2020 Infiniti QX50 offers seating for five passengers across its two rows.
- All 2020 QX50 models run off a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine (268 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque) with a continuously variable automatic transmission.
- All 2020 QX50 models come standard with an Infiniti InTouch™ dual-display system with upper eight-inch and lower seven-inch touchscreen displays.
- The mid-range Essential trim adds an integrated navigation system to the Infiniti InTouch interface.
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capabilities are standard on all 2020 Infiniti QX50 models.
- 2020 QX50 Autograph models boast a heads-up display which broadcasts important warnings and information into your line of sight.
- The 2020 QX50 Sensory trim comes standard with a premium Bose® Performance Series 16-speaker audio system.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Power Meets Efficiency
The 2020 QX50 uses Infiniti's 2.0L VC-Turbo™ which is an advanced variable compression ratio engine that's designed to optimize performance and fuel economy. It features a unique multi-link system that raises or lowers the pistons' reach to adjust the engine compression ratio between 8:1 for more power to 14:1 for better gas mileage. Total output of the turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder is 268 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque, which is great get-up-and-go for your everyday drive. When equipped with standard front-wheel drive and the 2.0L engine, the 2020 QX50 returns an EPA-estimated 26 mpg combined or an EPA-estimated 25 mpg combined with optional all-wheel drive.2
2. Cruising in Comfort
Whether you're coasting down the highway or circumnavigating bumpy city roads, the 2020 QX50 prioritizes comfort with a compliant and composed ride. This midsize crossover features a MacPherson strut front suspension and an independent multi-link rear suspension that delivers quick responses while a damping control system is designed to maximize a smooth on-the-road experience. With a 36.4-foot curb-to-curb turning diameter, you'll find the QX50 is very agile and easy to maneuver with its well-balanced variable-assist steering system. For your regular commuting or your longer trips, the 2020 QX50 is a great way to travel.
3. Spacious Cabin
With 39.6 inches of front-row legroom and 38.7 inches in the second row, your passengers won't need to compete for space in the 2020 Infiniti QX50. The rear row also includes sliding and reclining seatbacks for extra comfort on longer drives or you can fold the 60/40-split rear bench seat completely flat to carry up to 65.1 cubic feet of cargo. With all seats occupied, the 2020 QX50's trunk is very spacious, boasting 31.4 cubic feet of volume. A motion-activated liftgate (standard on the Autograph trim) also makes loading all your luggage and groceries very efficient.
4. Premium Interior
If you're shopping for a midsize crossover with a sophisticated interior that's overflowing with premium materials, the 2020 QX50 should be on your shortlist. Pure, Luxe, and Essential trims come standard with leatherette upholstery, while the trim-topping Sensory and Autograph grades feature leather-appointed perforated seating for added luxury. Painted aluminum interior trim flows throughout the cabin (Pure, Luxe, Essential, and Sensory grades) and is a bold complement to the available Ultrasuede® headliner and pillars. You'll also enjoy a 10-way power-adjustable driver seat with two-way power lumbar adjustment, which comes standard on every trim of this Infiniti crossover.
5. Innovative Tech
The 2020 QX50 matches its premium interior with smart technology that helps you stay connected on your drive. All trims come standard with an Infiniti InTouch dual-display system. This system boasts an upper eight-inch touchscreen display and a lower seven-inch touchscreen display to access the vehicle's features, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities. Essential and higher trims also add integrated navigation to help you find your way around town, plus there's an Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection that uses four cameras and one virtual composite 360° view designed to aid in parking. Other driver-assist features include automatic high-beams, blind-spot monitoring, lane-departure warning, and more.
What You Need to Know
- Pure: Includes 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, leatherette seating, a power liftgate, Infiniti InTouch dual-display system with upper eight-inch and lower seven-inch touchscreen displays, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and more.
- Luxe: Adds a power panoramic moonroof, LED fog lamps, roof rails, auto-dimming rearview mirror, textured aluminum interior trim accents, and more.
- Essential: Adds Infiniti InTouch with Navigation, Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection, heated outside mirrors, heated front seats, front parking sensors, and more.
- Sensory: Adds 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Bose® Performance Series 16-speaker audio system, leather-appointed seats, heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, power tilting-and-telescoping steering wheel, and more.
- Autograph: Adds 20-inch dark-painted aluminum-alloy wheels, climate-controlled front seats, rear side-window sunshades, heads-up display, motion-activated liftgate, and more.
- Black Obsidian
- Dynamic Sunstone Red (premium color)
- Graphite Shadow
- Hermosa Blue
- Liquid Platinum
- Lunar White
- Majestic White (premium color)
- Mocha Almond (premium color)
- The 2020 Infiniti QX50 interior offers a maximum of 65.1 cubic feet of cargo volume.
- All 2020 QX50 models include a five-passenger seating configuration.
- Pure, Luxe, and Essential 2020 QX50 models come standard with leatherette upholstery.
- Leather-appointed perforated seating is included on the Sensory trim, while the Autograph trim features quilted semi-aniline leather-appointed perforated seating.
- Climate-controlled front seats come standard in the 2020 QX50 Autograph trim.
- All 2020 QX50 models include a 10-way power-adjustable driver seat that also features two-way power lumbar adjustment.
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Infiniti QX50 is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Infiniti QX50.
- 2019 – Average price less than $35,5001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Infiniti QX50, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the 2020 Infiniti QX504
The 2020 Infiniti QX50 is a newer model and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Infiniti QX50s with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the Infiniti QX50.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 2.5/5.0
- Average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance: $807.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/01/2019. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
NHTSA Safety Ratings: 2020 Infiniti QX50
The 2020 Infiniti QX50 received an overall 5/5 safety ratings by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Infiniti QX50, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
Admired for its sharp handling and spacious cabin, the 2019 Acura RDX is a five-passenger luxury SUV that's great if you love camping. Behind the second row is 31.1 cubic feet of storage volume, including an underfloor storage compartment, or you can fold down the 60/40-split flat-folding rear seatback to open up 79.8 cubic feet of volume for your bigger items. All this cargo room is easily accessed through a standard height-adjustable power-operated tailgate for your convenience. Under the hood, power flows from a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine with 272 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque (all models) and boasts Acura's optional Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive System (SH-AWD) for sharper cornering and traction in challenging conditions. The 2019 Advance model also includes these features as standard:
- Sport seats with perforated leather upholstery
- 16-way power-adjustable front seats
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- LED foglights
If you're shopping for a compact luxury SUV with a smooth ride and standard all-wheel drive, the Audi Q5 is a confident family hauler. 2018–2019 models come standard with a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine that pumps out 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. 2018–2019 models also feature Audi Drive Select with five driving modes, including an off-road setting for extra precision. A five-link suspension and an estimated 4,400-lb. towing capacity (with the 2.0L engine) when properly equipped blends driving comfort with versatility on 2018–2019 models.3 You'll also enjoy standard Quattro® all-wheel drive on every trim level for optimized traction in challenging weather or uneven pavement. The 2018–2019 Premium Plus model includes the following features as standard:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Full LED headlights
- Driver seat memory
- Front and rear parking sensors
The 2018–2019 BMW X3 boasts a comfortable cabin with seating for five passengers along with three trim options and two powertrains. If you're looking for a daily driver, the xDrive30i's turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder (248 hp and 258 lb.-ft. of torque) offers spirited acceleration and standard all-wheel drive. But if you're craving sportier performance, the M40i's turbocharged 3.0L V6 producing 355 hp and 369 lb.-ft. of torque is hard to resist. Tri-zone automatic climate control comes standard on all 2018–2019 X3 models along with leatherette upholstery for a premium feel. The 2018–2019 sDrive30i trim includes the following features:
- Sport leather steering wheel
- Rearview camera
- LED fog lights
- Power tailgate
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Infiniti QX50 blends fuel-sipping performance and a comfortable ride into one very well-equipped luxury compact SUV. Whether you are looking for a five-passenger vehicle with great interior space and legroom to carry your family around or crave the latest tech features to enhance your daily commute, you'll find all that and then some in this Infiniti model.
Want to learn more about the 2020 QX50 and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1Based on prices on carmax.com in December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov."
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/01/2019. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks ™ or registered ® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.