An exciting and sporty midsize sedan.
Are you looking for a midsize car that's comfortable and practical yet able to turn heads on the street and pack a performance punch? Enter the 2020 Kia Stinger. This stylish sedan features plenty of driver-convenience tech to make everyday commutes a breeze while also having the ability to put a big smile on your face thanks to its thrilling power and roadholding. Whether you're after a relaxing trip or an exciting drive, the 2020 Kia Stinger is the midsize car for you.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Kia Stingers on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. And if you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Kia Stinger with similar features.
Below are average prices of prior model years of the Kia Stinger.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Kia Stinger review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2020 Kia Stinger with rear-wheel drive, 2.0L four-cylinder engine, and eight-speed automatic transmission achieves an EPA-estimated 25 mpg combined.2
- Up to 23.3 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the rear seats
- Up to 40.9 cubic feet of cargo volume with rear seats folded down
- Seats five passengers
- Up to 95 cubic feet of passenger volume
- Base GT-Line models offer a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine producing 255 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque.
- GT trims and up add a 3.3L turbocharged V6 engine producing 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque.
- Heated front seats
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Wireless phone charger
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Blind-spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert
5 Reasons To Buy
1. Exciting Performance & Handling
A midsize car sporting the good looks of a sedan, the trunk of a hatchback, and plenty of get up and go gives you the best of both worlds—practical and utilitarian for everyday use while still offering you the performance thrills of more exotic sports cars. With the 2020 Stinger you'll find two engine choices: a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine producing 255 horsepower and a 3.3L turbocharged V6 outputting an impressive 365 horsepower. Both engines pack the performance needed to put a smile on your face and every trim level comes with either standard rear-wheel drive or available all-wheel drive for even better handling. Be it a daily commute to the office or a longer highway trip, the 2020 Kia Stinger can make any journey a real thrill.
2. Eye-Catching Style and Selection of Exterior Colors
Matched to its performance edge, the 2020 Kia Stinger sports a very stylish, fastback body that is sure to catch a few eyes as it drives on by. Its looks are as aggressive as they are modern and boast real presence. Helping elevate that bold exterior style is a great selection of available colors, including the gorgeous Micro Blue Pearl, the sleek HiChroma Red, or the bright and eye-catching Federation Orange—new for the 2020 model year. With such exciting styling, the 2020 Kia Stinger isn't just a sleek midsize car; it's a statement of intent.
3. Comfortable, Upmarket Interior
The 2020 Kia Stinger is as attractive on the inside as it is on the outside. The interior is both comfortable and upmarket and includes features such as leather upholstery, a power-adjustable driver seat, and heated front seats, all as standard. With a roomy 95 cubic feet of passenger volume to seat five passengers, you and four others will have plenty of room to stretch out and enjoy the ride. And thanks to additional touches like cup holders for both front and rear seats, the 2020 Kia Stinger provides the sort of luxury that ensures even longer journeys are a pleasure.
The 2020 Kia Stinger is well-equipped in every sense of the word—especially when it comes to technology. Standard features on base Stinger models include wireless phone charging, dual-zone automatic climate control, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and driver-convenience kit like blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert. And on GT1 models and up, extra tech includes forward collision warning, smart cruise control, and lane-keeping assist. Whatever trim you pick up, you won't be lacking for equipment and gadgets aboard the 2020 Kia Stinger.
5. Utility and Space in Abundance
The 2020 Kia Stinger is a midsize car, meaning you expect it to be practical, seat five with room to spare, and have space for your luggage and belongings. Whether you're driving solo, with a passenger, or you're bringing the whole family along for the ride, the 2020 Kia Stinger works hard to meet every one of your expectations. It has impressive cargo volume to match all that passenger space—23.3 cubic feet behind the rear seats—and should you need more, those rear seats fold flat, opening up 40.9 cubic feet of luggage space. Meanwhile, smaller items can be stored in the underfloor storage or the handy overhead sunglasses holders. No need to worry about sacrificing practicality for sportiness—the 2020 Kia Stinger can handle both with ease.
What You Need To Know
- GT-Line: Includes 2.0L four-cylinder engine, paddle shifters, heated front seats, leather upholstery, seven-inch touchscreen, and more.
- GT: Adds 3.3L V6 engine, LED headlights, power-adjustable front seats, adaptive cruise control, a nine-speaker sound system, LED interior lighting, and more.
- GT1: Adds an eight-inch touchscreen, a 15-speaker Harman Kardon® sound system, forward collision warning, lane-keeping assist, high beam assist, and more.
- GT2: Includes power-operated trunk, a heads-up display, a surround-view monitor, heated front and rear seats, shift-by-wire gear selector, and more.
- Aurora Black Pearl
- Ceramic Silver
- Federation Orange
- HiChroma Red
- Micro Blue Pearl
- Panthera Metal
- Snow White Pearl
- Seats five passengers
- 95 cubic feet of total passenger volume
- 23.3 cubic feet of luggage volume behind the rear seats which expands to 40.9 cubic feet with rear seats folded down
- Heated front seats as standard with heated rear seats included on GT2 trims
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Kia Stinger is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Kia Stinger.
If you like the 2020 Kia Stinger, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
NHTSA Safety Ratings- 2020 Kia Stinger
The 2020 Kia Stinger was not rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Kia Stinger, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
If you're looking for a great muscle car that's as potent as it is iconic, the Ford Mustang deserves a test drive. The fastback coupe body is stylish and timeless while underneath the hood beats a heart of pure power. On 2018–2019 models, you can choose from either a 2.3L EcoBoost four-cylinder engine making 310 horsepower or a fierce 5.0L V8 engine outputting 465 horsepower. Additionally, you get the following equipment as standard on 2018 and 2019 models:
- Launch control
- Limited-slip differential
- Keyless entry and ignition
- 4.2-inch center display screen
- Bluetooth connectivity and two USB ports
If you're looking for a smaller performance coupe that provides big excitement, check out the Subaru BRZ. Under the hood of 2017 models onward, you've got a 2.0L four-cylinder engine producing 205 horsepower allied to a six-speed manual transmission so you can feel even more in control. And for 2017–2019 models, this drivetrain is also good for an EPA-estimated 29 mpg on the highway and 24 mpg combined.2
Additionally, standard features on 2017–2019 models include:
- Subaru Starlink® infotainment system with 6.2-inch touchscreen
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Hill-start assist
- LED headlights and running lights
If an ultra-practical everyday sedan is what you're after, take the Kia Rio out for a test drive. With 89.9 cubic feet of passenger volume to seat you and four others, there's space enough in the 2019 Kia Rio for your family or friends. And 2019 models equipped with the 1.6L engine and six-speed automatic transmission can achieve an impressive EPA-estimated 32 mpg combined.2 Standard features on 2018–2019 models include:
- Air conditioning
- Rearview camera
- Four-speaker sound system with five-inch display
- USB port and satellite radio
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Kia Stinger is a great choice if you expect comfort, style, and strong performance from your midsize sedan. Between the comfortable well-equipped interior, the sleek attention-grabbing exterior, and the thrilling performance on offer, this isn't just a car to take you from A to B—it's the car you want to go from A to B with style and excitement.
Want to learn more about cars like the Kia Stinger and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1Based on CarMax average prices from December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.