A three-row SUV designed for adventure.
The 2020 Kia Telluride is a great option if you're shopping for a large SUV. With abundant space, a light and airy cabin, and luxury touches, the new-for-2020 Telluride is a pleasure to drive. Your passengers won't be disappointed with the plush and thoughtful layout inside, either.
Here's what you'll explore in this 2020 Kia Telluride review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2020 Kia Telluride has an EPA-estimated 23 mpg combined with the 3.8L V6 and automatic transmission.1
- 21.0 cubic feet behind the third row
- 46.0 cubic feet behind the second row
- 63.0 cubic feet behind the first row
- Seats up to eight
- A 291-hp 3.8L V6
- The 2020 Kia Telluride towing capacity is an estimated 5,000 pounds with the standard 3.8L V6 engine when properly equipped.2
- Equipped with a standard eight-inch audio display system with AM/FM, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, SIRIUS Satellite, Bluetooth®, voice recognition, and integrated rearview camera.
- A 10.25-inch navigation touchscreen is standard on the S trim.
- Standard driver convenience features including electronic stability control, hill-start assist control, trailer stability assist, and more.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Upscale cabin
The Kia Telluride does not skimp on its materials, and even at the base level, you'll appreciate the attention to detail inside this SUV. If you like, you can have USB ports in every row, which is sure to keep your family happy on long trips. Double-stitched and quilted Nappa leather trim upholstery is available as well, as is simulated brushed metal and matte-finished wood. If you like to keep everything organized in your vehicle, you'll appreciate the available interior hooks to keep your bags and coats out of the way.
2. Generous feature sets in every trim
Even at the base LX level, the 2020 Kia Telluride includes a range of standard driver-assist features. You'll automatically get five USB charger ports too, which means your passengers can charge and use all of their devices on short excursions and longer adventures. Each 2020 Telluride comes with a variety of amenities designed to please. Work your way up the trim line and you'll get upscale leather seating and more luxurious touches. At the top level, the premium sound system gives your favorite tunes the VIP treatment.
3. Technology-rich interior
Let's say a passenger wants to listen to a podcast and you want to spin your favorite playlist while you drive. With the available multi-Bluetooth wireless connectivity option, two phones can connect simultaneously. The Telluride allows you to charge your smartphones, a watch, an in-car electric cooler, a headset, or anything else that has a USB connector. Plus, an available wireless charger makes it easy for you to lay your phone in the cradle without taking your eyes off the road.
4. Exterior styling
Take one look at that long, broad hood and wide grille and you'll know you're about to step into a Telluride. Named for the intrepid town in Colorado, the Telluride is styled with the vibe of that area with bold inverted “L" tail lamps, a sculpted silhouette, and striking stacked headlamps. Twin exhaust tips leave an impression on anyone behind you, suggesting both speed and excitement.
5. Practical performance
The 2020 Kia Telluride also looks great under the hood: the V6 engine is robust enough to propel this family-sized SUV uphill, downhill, and all over the country. Inside, you have the choice of four drive modes for all conditions. Each mode (Smart, Eco, Sport, and Comfort) uses different settings for powertrain, drivetrain, and steering effort mapping to give you confidence on the road. You don't have to mash the pedal to the floor on this SUV; it's amply powered to move you onto a highway entrance ramp with ease.
What You Need to Know
- LX: Includes three 110v power outlets, an eight-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, blind-spot collision avoidance assist, driver attention warning, pedestrian detection, rear occupant alert, five USB charger ports, and more.
- S: Adds heated front seats, front and rear skid plates, a power sunroof, a leather gearshift knob, and more.
- EX: Upgrades include an auto-dimming rearview mirror, eight-way power-adjustable passenger seat, smart power liftgate, integrated second-row window sunshades, wireless phone charger, and more.
- SX: Tops the line with features like a 12-way power-adjustable driver's seat with two-way power lumbar support, second-row captain's chairs, dual sunroofs, stainless-steel pedals, and a premium Harman Kardon® 10-Speaker audio system.
- Black Copper (SX only)
- Dark Moss (S trim and above)
- Ebony Black
- Everlasting Silver
- Gravity Gray
- Sangria (LX, S, and EX only)
- Snow White Pearl
- Available in four trims: LX, S, EX, SX
- Seats up to eight
- Infotainment: eight-inch touchscreen standard on the LX and with a 10.25-inch screen standard on S trim and above.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard.
- Reclining third-row seats
Safety and Reliability
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Kia Telluride
The 2020 Kia Telluride was rated overall 4/5 (FWD) and 5/5 (AWD) by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Kia Telluride you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Kia Sportage was built for five passengers and includes plenty of legroom and headroom for comfort. Even the base model includes a rearview camera and hill-start assist. You'll also appreciate the quiet cabin and a bump-reducing suspension of the Kia Sportage.
Standard equipment on 2017-2019 models of the Kia Sportage include:
- 60/40 split-folding rear seatbacks
- Five-inch touchscreen
- Bluetooth connectivity
This SUV is a perennial favorite, including seating for seven and three engine options for model years 2017-2019. The Ford Explorer is always ready for a road trip, and your passengers will appreciate details like third-row seating with ample legroom. Need an SUV for your ready-to-move, active family or friendship group? The Explorer is a smart choice for those looking for a comfortable and practical SUV experience.
2017-2019 Ford Explorer models include these features and then some:
- Cruise control
- Six-speaker sound system
- Eight-way powered driver's seat
- Rearview camera
With a Honda Pilot you get a comfortable and predictably excellent ride every time you get behind the wheel. Honda designed the 2017-2019 Pilot with clever features and the ability to tow an estimated 5,000 pounds (when properly equipped) with AWD and the V6 engine. All Honda pilots from model years 2017-2019 use the same 3.5L V6 engine; giving you plenty of power for camping, boating, and more.2
The Honda Pilot for model years 2017-2019 includes these features standard:
- Cruise control
- Rearview camera
- USB port
- Seven-speaker sound system
The Bottom Line
If you're on the hunt for a three-row SUV that's filled from end to end with generous features that will make your drive a pleasure, the 2020 Kia Telluride is waiting for you. This SUV is a great fit for up to seven passengers with the technology you want and the comfort you crave. Adventure awaits!
Looking to learn more? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.