A rugged and refined luxury SUV.
Are you looking for a luxury SUV that can carry around a large group of people in style? The 2020 Lincoln Navigator may be the right choice, thanks to its impressive interior space, an incredibly powerful twin-turbocharged V6 engine, and cutting-edge luxury. And, there are two body styles to choose from with the larger Navigator L offering even more cabin space.
Available rear-entertainment systems will make passengers in the second and third row feel like they're on their own private jet. You’ll get the best of both worlds in this luxury SUV. While we currently do not have many of these models on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Lincoln Navigator review:
Key Specs and Features
- When equipped with rear-wheel drive, the standard-length 2020 Lincoln Navigator gets an estimated 19 mpg combined.2 The extended-length Navigator L in rear-wheel drive gets an estimated 18 mpg combined.2
- 19.3 cubic feet of space behind the third row in the 2020 Lincoln Navigator
- 34.3 cubic feet of space behind the third row in the 2020 Lincoln Navigator L
- A total of 103.3 cubic feet of space with all seats folded down in the 2020 Lincoln Navigator
- A maximum of 120.2 cubic feet of space with all seats folded down in the 2020 Lincoln Navigator L
The standard-length 2020 Lincoln Navigator with rear-wheel drive can tow an estimated 8,700 lbs. with the V6 engine when properly equipped.3
- Standard seven-passenger seating
- Available eight-passenger seating
- A twin-turbocharged 3.5L high-output V6 engine making 450 hp
- Available dual rear-seat touchscreens and entertainment system
- A full LCD dash cluster
- A second-row console with full climate and entertainment controls
- Advanced driver aids like adaptive cruise control and rear cross-traffic alerts
- An available Revel® Ultima audio system with 20 speakers
The Lincoln Navigator has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Making Every Road Trip Luxurious
If getting there is half the fun then why not surround yourself with luxurious touches while you do it? The 2020 Lincoln Navigator doesn't hold back when it comes to comfort and luxury. A center console between the second-row captain's chairs gives passengers full control while an available panoramic sunroof brings open sky into the interior. And if that isn't enough, the features list is long enough to satisfy even your most discerning passengers.
2. Where Beauty Meets Brawn
Get all the power and practicality of a pickup truck with the refinement of a luxury sedan in the 2020 Lincoln Navigator. Built on a sturdy frame made from high-strength steel, the 2020 Lincoln Navigator is ready to work. When properly equipped, a Navigator with rear-wheel drive can tow up to an estimated 8,700 lbs. with the V6 engine.3 Meanwhile, the multi-drive mode intelligent four-wheel drive system is ready and able to tackle many road conditions, country lanes, and even back-roads.
Front- and rear-facing sensors come standard and help navigate through tight spaces while an available 360-degree camera is designed to provide visibility from many different angles. In addition, the third-row seats power fold with one-touch, giving you quick access to extra storage space. Also, you'll be able to open the kick-activated tailgate, even when your hands are full, ideal for when you're loading camping gear or groceries into your Navigator. With so many power features, getting in and around with the 2020 Lincoln Navigator is simple and easy.
4. Modern Technology and Connectivity
If it's technology and connectivity you're after, you'll find it the 2020 Lincoln Navigator. Smartphone technology like Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ are on all 2020 Lincoln Navigators, while Amazon Alexa™ integration and Alexa skill are also standard. Keep up to eight people online with Lincoln Connect™ 4G LTE Wi-Fi and use the first-row wireless charging pad to recharge when juice is running low.4 The 2020 Lincoln Navigator also lets you use your smartphone as your key for added convenience.
5. Show-stopping style
The 2020 Lincoln Navigator can strike a presence. Its large, mariner-inspired exterior lines blend well into big, tinted windows. A bold, chrome grille leads the way, matched only by an impressive selection of 20- and 22-inch alloy wheels. LED lighting from the mirrors, headlights, and tail lights further give your 2020 Lincoln Navigator a red-carpet feel, even when it's parked. To top it off, Lincoln badges are projected onto the street at night, adding an extra touch of class.
What You Need to Know
2020 Lincoln Navigator Available Trims
The 2020 Lincoln Navigator boasts four trims spanning two body styles:
- Navigator: The base rear-wheel drive trim features adaptive cruise control, a 14-speaker Revel® audio system, 20-inch alloy wheels, leather seats, tri-zone automatic climate control with rear controls, and much more.
- Navigator L: Increases overall length from 210 inches to 221.9 inches.
- Navigator Reserve: Unlocks option packages and adds 22-inch alloy wheels, premium leather seating, a 360-degree camera, a panoramic sunroof, and more.
- Navigator L Reserve: Increases the Navigator Reserve's overall length to 221.9 inches.
2020 Lincoln Navigator Available Colors
The 2020 Lincoln Navigator is available in the following colors:
- Blue Diamond
- Burgundy Velvet
- Ceramic Pearl
- Iced Mocha
- Infinite Black
- Pristine White
- Red Carpet
- Rhapsody Blue
- Silver Jade
- Silver Radiance
2020 Lincoln Navigator Interior
- Up to 103.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the first-row in standard length
- Standard seven-passenger seating
- Optional eight-passenger seating with 40/20/40-split-folding second row
- Available rear-seat entertainment with dual 10-inch touchscreens
- Second and third-row fast-charging USB ports, two in each row
2020 Lincoln Navigator Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Lincoln Navigator is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable. See below to learn more about previous model years.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Lincoln Navigator, check out some of the previous model years of this vehicle with similar features:
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the 2020 Lincoln Navigator4
The 2020 Lincoln Navigator is a newer model, and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Lincoln Navigators with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the Lincoln Navigator.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 2.5/5.0
- The average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance: $1089.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010–2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
NHTSA Safety Ratings- 2020 Lincoln Navigator
The 2020 Lincoln Navigator received an overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Lincoln Navigator, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
Brand new for the 2020 model year, the Lincoln Aviator is a relaunch of a vehicle from the early 2000s. If you are looking for a three-row SUV in a practical size, but just as luxurious, the 2020 Lincoln Aviator fits the bill. A hybrid platform offers an impressive estimated 56 MPGe combined.5
Standard 2020 Lincoln Aviators feature a long list of options, including:
- Forward and reverse sensors
- A power-folding 50/50 third row
- Adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, pre-collision braking
- A rearview camera with washer
A well-established luxury SUV brand, the 2018 Cadillac Escalade continues to build on its already legendary tradition. It comes available in two body styles, standard and ESV, giving you a choice of length. The standard-length 2018 Cadillac Escalade can tow up to an estimated 8,300 lbs. with the V8 engine when properly equipped.2 It also boasts a nice 15.2 cubic feet of cargo room behind the third row.
Standard 2018 Cadillac Escalade features include:
- A 6.2L 420-hp V8 engine.
- A hands-free tailgate
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- A 16-speaker Bose® Centerpoint® audio system
- Heated and cooled front seats.
Completely redesigned for the 2018 model year, the Ford Expedition offers all the rugged capability of a truck with a touch of luxury features. The 2018 Ford Expedition comes in two body styles and three trims, giving you a broad choice of options. With 19.3 cubic feet behind the third row, there's also enough space for any belongings you might want to bring along. In addition, there are two engines to choose from, both mated to a ten-speed automatic transmission.
Standard features on the 2018 Ford Expedition include:
- Push-button start
- A twin-turbocharged 375-hp 3.5L V6 engine
- Power accessories
- Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
- A class-IV hitch receiver with four- and seven-pin connectors<
The Bottom Line
If you're looking for a large SUV without sacrificing the luxury of a high-end sedan, the 2020 Lincoln Navigator has what you want and then some. There is a lengthy list of modern luxury features available as standard, or, you can look for premium finishes and packages on the Reserve trim. As a body-on-frame SUV, the 2020 Lincoln Navigator simply doesn't shy away from being rugged and refined, all at the same time.
Do you want to learn more about luxury SUVs like the 2020 Lincoln Navigator? Check out these additional resources:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
5Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Actual mileage will vary based on things like battery age, vehicle condition and history, driving and charging habits, accessory use, and driving conditions. Battery capacity may decrease with time and use. See fueleconomy.gov for more info.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.