A seven-passenger SUV with power and style.
- Fuel Economy
- Tech Features
- Interior & Cargo
- Engine & Towing Capacity
- Available Trims
- Color Options
- NHTSA Safety Ratings
- Similar Vehicles
- The Bottom Line
The Mitsubishi Outlander boasts attractive updates for the 2020 model year, with expanded driver-assistance features and fresh styling. There's also updated Super All-Wheel Control, designed for maximum traction and better handling when the weather is rough. If you want an SUV with all-wheel drive, plenty of technology, and a spacious interior for your whole crew, the 2020 Outlander is an excellent choice.
The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Mitsubishi Outlander.
- 2015 - Average prices less than $15,0001
- 2016 - Average prices less than $17,0001
- 2017 - Average prices less than $17,5001
- 2018 - Average prices less than $18,0001
- 2019 - Average prices less than $20,0001
The Mitsubishi Outlander has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists.
- 7th – 10 Best SUVs with 3 Rows Under $25,000
- The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander with front-wheel drive and the 2.4L engine gets an EPA-estimated 27 mpg combined.2
- The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander with all-wheel drive and the 2.4L engine gets an EPA-estimated 26 mpg combined.2
- The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander with all-wheel drive and the 3.0L engine gets an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined.2
The tech features available on the Mitsubishi Outlander were expanded for the 2020 model year. Adaptive cruise control, which is optional on the SEL and standard on the GT, is designed to make it easy for you to keep a steady speed on long and short drives. And the blind spot warning with lane change assistance (optional on the SE and standard on the LE, SP, SEL, and GT) is designed to maximize your confidence on the road. On trims above the base level, you can enjoy Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability to play music and connect to calls. Other features include:
- Forward-collision mitigation with pedestrian detection, lane departure warning, and automatic high beams (standard on SE, LE, SP, SEL, and GT trims)
- Blind spot warning with lane change assistance and rear cross-traffic alert (optional on SE trim and standard on LE, SP, SEL, and GT trims)
- Seven-inch touchscreen, AM/FM, and HD Radio (standard on ES trim)
- Eight-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capability (standard on SE, LE, SP, SEL, and GT trims)
Interior & Cargo Space:
- There's room for seven passengers in the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander, with flexible seating so you can change it up as your passenger and cargo needs vary from day to day. There's a 50/50 split-folding third row and a 60/40 split-folding second row, making it simple to change the configuration for your needs. The second row also slides and reclines to keep everyone happy on road trips and other adventures. And you'll love the now-standard driver seat power lumbar adjustment for even more comfort while driving.
Ample Cargo Room
- For occasions when you need to haul more cargo than passengers, the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander has plenty of room for all your stuff:
- 10.3 cubic feet behind the third row
- 34.2 cubic feet behind the second row (33 cubic feet with sunroof)
- 63.3 cubic feet behind the first row (61 cubic feet with sunroof)
Engine & Towing Capacity:
The bulk of the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander lineup includes a 2.4L four-cylinder engine with 166 hp and 162 lb.-ft. of torque, paired to a continuously variable automatic transmission. For extra power, the trim-topping GT has a 3.0L V6 engine boasting 224 hp and 215 lb.-ft. of torque, designed to respond quickly when you press the accelerator. The GT is paired to a six-speed automatic transmission. Other features include:
- Towing capacity is an estimated 1,500 lbs. with the 2.4L four-cylinder engine, when properly equipped.3
- The GT trim with its 3.0L V6 engine has an estimated towing capacity of 3,500 lbs., when properly equipped.3
- A 2.4L four-cylinder engine that generates 166 hp and 162 lb.-ft. of torque and is paired to a continuously variable automatic transmission is standard on all but the GT trim.
- The GT is powered by a 3.0L V6 engine with 224 hp and 215 lb.-ft. of torque, paired to a six-speed automatic transmission.
The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander is available in six trims, making it easy to find one that fits your needs. Every Outlander includes seating for seven passengers, heated front seats, and front USB ports. Mid-range trims see the addition of a leather-wrapped steering wheel, smartphone connectivity, and rear USB ports. The trim-topping GT has a more powerful engine, along with interior upgrades such as leather seating surfaces. With all of these options, it's easy to find an Outlander you love. Available trims include:
- ES: The ES trim is the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander’s base trim configuration. However, the ES trim of the 2020 Outlander still comes equipped with a number of impressive standard features. This includes standard features such as a seven-inch touchscreen display, heated front seats, front USB ports, remote keyless entry, and more.
- SE: The SE trim of the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander includes everything found on the ES trim and adds features such as automatic headlights, fog lights, front rain-sensing wipers, eight-way power driver seat, combination soft-touch seating surfaces, and more.
- LE: The LE trim of the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander is similar to the SE trim but adds several noteworthy styling upgrades. These styling upgrades include gloss black front and rear bumpers, gloss black roof rails, Limited Edition badge, eight-inch black painted alloy wheels, and more. Those in the market for a sleekly-styled SUV will find a lot to like about the LE trim of the 2020 Outlander.
- SP: Like the 2020 Outlander’s LE trim, the SP trim of the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander includes everything found on the SE trim in addition to a number of styling upgrades such as a Special Edition badge, black hood badge, and black door handle covers, as well as aerodynamics-enhancing rear air dams. Also like the LE trim, the SP trim of the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander is a vehicle that is built to turn heads everywhere it goes.
- SEL: The SEL trim of the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander comes equipped with everything found on the SE trim and adds several impressive standard features. The most notable of these features is the SEL trim’s standard leather seats, but additional features found on this trim include a power liftgate, chrome side-window molding, silver roof rails, and more.
- GT: Those in the market for a truly luxurious and upscale SUV will find plenty to appreciate about the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander’s GT trim configuration. This trim includes all of the features found on the SEL trim and adds steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, LED low- and high-beam headlights, LED fog lights, Mitsubishi Power Sound System, multi-view camera, and more, resulting in an SUV that is certainly feature-rich.
- Alloy Silver Metallic
- Cosmic Blue Metallic
- Labrador Black Metallic
- Mercury Gray Metallic
- Pearl White
- Quartz Brown Metallic
- Red Diamond
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
- 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander
- 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander
- 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander
- The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander was rated overall 4/5 (FWD) and 5/5 (AWD) by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander was rated 4/5 for its frontal crash safety rating by the NHTSA.
Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross was introduced in 2018, with seating for five passengers and compact dimensions that make it ideal for urban environments and beyond. The base ES is offered with front-wheel drive or optional all-wheel drive that's standard on the rest of the lineup. You'll enjoy driving one of the four well-equipped trims, with power from a turbocharged 1.5L four-cylinder engine.
For model years 2018-2019, the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross includes:
- 18-inch wheels
- Seven-inch audio touchscreen
- HD Radio
- LED running lights
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle that launched for the 2018 model year. It combines a 2.0L gas engine with two electric motors and features all-wheel drive standard across the two-trim lineup. You'll love the three drive modes designed to maximize battery power, and the comfortable and quiet interior with room for up to five passengers.
Standard features for 2018-2019 models include:
- An EPA-estimated 74 MPGe combined (electric + gas) and EPA-estimated 25 MPG (gasoline).4
- Up to 30.4 cubic feet of cargo room behind the second row
- Leather seat trim
- Remote keyless entry
The compact Mitsubishi Mirage includes a wide range of available features on all trims. Power comes from a 1.2L three-cylinder engine with 78 horsepower and 74 lb.-ft. of torque. You'll get a five-speed manual or continuously variable automatic transmission, depending on the trim. This compact offering has seating for up to five passengers and room for 17.2 cubic feet of cargo behind the rear seats.
On 2017-2019 models, these features are standard:
- Front wheel drive
- Four-speaker audio
- Seven-inch touchscreen (2018 and 2019 only)
- Keyless entry
The Bottom Line
If you're in search of a seven-passenger SUV, the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander is a great choice. It offers a wide range of trims to suit your personal needs, as well as two engine options if you crave a bit more power in your people hauler. A strong suite of available driver assistance technologies, along with a comfortable and well-equipped interior, make this SUV an excellent choice.
1Based on prices on carmax.com in December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees..
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
4Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Actual mileage will vary based on things like battery age, vehicle condition and history, driving and charging habits, accessory use, and driving conditions. Battery capacity may decrease with time and use. See fueleconomy.gov and Owner’s Manual for more info.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.