Fuel economy and comfort make this hybrid sedan a contender.
- Fuel Economy
- Tech Features
- Interior & Cargo
- Engine Details
- Reasons to Buy
- Available Trims
- Color Options
- NHTSA Safety Ratings
- Similar Vehicles
- The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a practical car that will last you for years to come, consider the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid. The Camry Hybrid is a great commuter car that will keep you comfortable during long drives. But the Camry is as stylish as it is practical: with optional features like a moonroof and synthetic leather seats, the cabin gives off an upscale feel. It also comes standard with tech and driver-assist features that make driving the Toyota Camry Hybrid a modern experience.
The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Toyota Camry Hybrid.
- 2018 - Average CarMax price less than $26,0001
The Toyota Camry Hybrid has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
- 9th - Best Hybrid Cars (2020)
- The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid with a 2.5L four-cylinder engine and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 51 mpg city/53 mpg highway in the LE trim.2
- With the same 2.5L engine and automatic transmission, the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid gets an EPA-estimated 44 mpg city/47 mpg highway in the XLE and SE trims.2
- This fuel economy stacks up well against the fuel economy of other vehicles in the hybrid sedan class, keeping pace with vehicles such as the 2020 Toyota Prius, which gets an EPA-estimated 54 mpg city/50 mpg highway. 2
- Standard lane-departure warning, automatic high beams, adaptive cruise control, and pre-collision braking
- Standard Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, and Amazon Alexa® compatibility
- Three USB ports standard
- Standard backup camera
Interior & Cargo
- Seating for five
- 15.1 cubic feet of cargo space
- 8-way adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support
- Moonroof available option in SE and XLE trims
- Wood interior trims
- The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid comes with one engine option: a 2.5L, four-cylinder engine that produces 208 horsepower.
Reasons to Buy
1. Hybrid Power
Are you looking to live a more eco-conscious lifestyle or simply go longer between trips to the gas station? The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid may appeal as it'll do an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined fuel economy in the LE trim, and 46 mpg combined in the XLE and SE trims (both with the 2.5L, four-cylinder engine, and automatic transmission).2
2. Many Driver Assist Features
The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid comes standard with features that make it easy to reach your destination. All 2020 Camry Hybrids offer lane-departure warning with steering assist, automatic high-beams, adaptive cruise control, and pre-collision braking with pedestrian detection. The XLE trim adds standard blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert so that you're always aware of what's happening around you.
3. Lots of Driver Control
The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid comes standard with four driving modes that you can control with the click of a button, including EV mode, which enables electric driving for when you're looking for a quieter ride. Eco-mode makes the engine run at its most streamlined, too. Sports mode makes the engine respond more quickly to your demand for acceleration. Then, there's the normal driving mode for your day-to-day trips.
4. Comfortable Interior
The interior of the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid is designed for comfort. The Camry Hybrid comes standard with an eight-way adjustable driver's seat and six-way adjustable front passenger seat. The backbench seat has a 60/40 split to fit additional cargo space when you need it. When the center seat isn't in use, the back pulls into an armrest with cupholders. Additionally, standard dual-zone climate control ensures everyone is comfortable.
5. Easy Tech integration
These days everyone wants to keep connected while on the road. The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid makes that easy. The car comes standard with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa connectivity. The Camry Hybrid comes standard with a seven-inch touch screen, which increases to eight inches in the XLE model. In addition, a standard 4.2-inch Multi-Information Display system helps you keep an eye on the vehicle's response while you're on the road.
- Hybrid LE: The Hybrid LE trim is the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid’s base trim level. However, the LE trim of the 2020 Camry Hybrid is still exceptionally well equipped and comes standard with features such as cloth seats, 16-inch wheels, lane-departure warning, adaptive cruise control, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, seven-inch display screen, and more. If you are looking to purchase an entry-level hybrid car that is still generously well-equipped then you are sure to find a lot to love about the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid’s LE trim.
- Hybrid SE: The Hybrid SE trim of the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid includes everything found on the Hybrid LE trim as well as several exciting additional features. These additional features include synthetic-leather trimmed front seats, 18-inch wheels, Bluetooth® audio streaming, optional moonroof, and an optional Audio Plus upgraded audio system. Offering a nice balance of premium features and affordability, the Hybrid SE trim of the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid is a great choice for many hybrid car shoppers.
- Hybrid XLE: The Hybrid XLE trim is the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid’s highest available trim configuration. This luxurious trim includes everything found on the SE trim as well as leather-trimmed front seats, alloy wheels, LED exterior lights, standard blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert. If you are in the market for an upscale and feature-rich hybrid car that will turn heads everywhere it goes then you can’t go wrong with the Hybrid XLE trim of the 2020 Camry Hybrid.
- Blue Streak Metallic
- Celestial Silver Metallic
- Galactic Aqua Mica
- Midnight Black Metallic
- Predawn Gray Mica
- Ruby Flare Pearl
- Supersonic Red
- Super White
- Wind Chill Pearl
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
NHTSA Safety Ratings- 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid
- The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid was rated overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid earned the highest possible rating of Superior for its front crash prevention system (NHTSA).
Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you like the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid, you should also consider these similar vehicles from previous model years:
The Toyota Corolla is a compact car offered as a sedan or hatchback (in the model year 2019 and later). The Corolla also has a hybrid option. The Corolla comes with seating for five passengers. The sedan has 13 cubic feet of trunk space, while the hatchback has 17.8 cubic feet of cargo space. The Corolla comes standard with driver assist features including lane-departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and pre-collision braking. 2017–2019 models include these features:
- Standard 1.8L four-cylinder, 132-horsepower engine
- Seating for five
- Hatchback option offers up to 17.8 cubic feet of cargo space
The Toyota Prius is a hybrid car that is available as a plug-in or traditional hybrid. The Prius has seating for five passengers and 24.6 to 27.4 cubic feet of cargo space, depending on the trim. Model years 2017 and later come standard with driver-assist features including lane-departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and pre-collision braking. The Prius offers optional smartphone integration on 2017–2019 models, which is standard on the 2020 model, which has Apple CarPlay. 2017–2019 models also include:
- 1.8L four-cylinder engine 121-horsepower engine, plus two electric motors
- Standard 6.1-inch touchscreen
- Standard Bluetooth and USB port
The Kia Optima Hybrid is a sedan that comes as a traditional hybrid or plug-in. The Optima Hybrid has seating for five passengers and 13.4 cubic feet of cargo space (9.9 cubic feet on the plug-in model). The Kia Optima Hybrid comes standard with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Bluetooth in model years 2017 and later. The Optima Hybrid offers upscale optional features including leather seats (all years) and a panoramic sunroof (model years 2018 and later). 2017–2019 models also include:
- 193-horsepower four-cylinder engine, plus electric motor
- Seven-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard
- Back seat with 60/40 split can increase cargo space when needed
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid is a spacious, attractive, and fun-to-drive hybrid car with plenty of exciting features and specs to offer. Thanks to its 208 hp engine, the 2020 Camry Hybrid is a genuine joy to drive while still being a vehicle that offers exceptional fuel economy. All things considered, anyone in the market for a fuel-efficient hybrid car that doesn’t compromise when it comes to styling, features, or performance will find a lot to love about the 2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid.
1 Based on CarMax average prices from December 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Actual mileage will vary based on things like battery age, vehicle condition and history, driving and charging habits, accessory use, and driving conditions. Battery capacity may decrease with time and use. See fueleconomy.gov and Owner’s Manual for more info.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.