A stylish and dynamic sports car icon.
For a long time, the Toyota Supra has enjoyed its status as one of the most iconic sports cars. Although Toyota discontinued the model over 15 years ago, it never lost its appeal among car enthusiasts. Now that it's back in production, you can enjoy this legendary grand tourer in all its glory again. The 2020 model year is part of the fifth-generation Supra, which was introduced in 2019. This model features a fresh design and significant upgrades in terms of engine and performance, so all Toyota Supra fans—and everyone else who loves a fast and thrilling ride—have a lot to look forward to.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Toyota Supras on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Toyota Supra review:
Key Specs & Features
- The base 3.0 trim of the 2020 Toyota Supra, powered by a 3.0L six-cylinder engine, gets an EPA-estimated combined 26 mpg.1
- Interior cargo volume: 9.9 cubic feet
- Maximum seating capacity: Two
- 3.0L turbocharged six-cylinder, delivering 335 horsepower
- Electronically controlled rear differential
- Two driving modes - Normal and Sport
- Lane departure warning with steering assist
- Pre-collision driver-assistance system
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Switching Between Driving Modes
Although racetrack driving is one of its main purposes, the 2020 Toyota Supra is well suited to cruising around town. This is in large part thanks to its two different driving modes: Normal and Sport. You can move between these two modes by flipping a switch, resulting in easier handling, simpler gear shifting, and an overall smoother ride. While the Supra is primarily meant for fast driving, you can easily use it for your daily commute as well.
2. Stylish Design
Like many sports cars, the 2020 Toyota Supra boasts an attractive exterior design that's bound to turn heads. From the aerodynamic shape aimed at optimizing drag coefficient to the signature LED taillights and the reverse light cluster reminiscent of an actual race car, the design makes the 2020 Toyota Supra stand out from the crowd wherever it goes, be it in the city or the race track. It's topped off with a double-bubble roof, which in addition to giving the exterior a distinctive look, provides extra headroom for passengers.
3. Powerful Engine
The 2020 Toyota Supra comes with one engine option, and it's a powerful one. The 3.0L turbocharged six-cylinder engine, delivering 355 horsepower, paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission, gives the Supra quick response and enviable acceleration. According to the manufacturer, the 2020 Toyota Supra goes from 0 to 60 mph in 4.1 seconds (when new). Toyota has implemented sophisticated technologies such as variable valve timing and twin-scroll turbocharger, which help provide a true sports car-riding experience.
4. Convenient and Comfortable
Convenience and comfort are a bonus for any sports car enthusiast, and the 2020 Toyota Supra does well in these areas. The interior is quite comfortable, with high-quality materials, adjustable seats, and well-positioned tech features. What's more, the cargo area is generous (9.9 cubic feet), with enough room to put a couple of small pieces of luggage or plenty of groceries.
5. Lots of Color Options
When it comes to sports cars, looks matter. Exterior color is one of the factors that can significantly influence the look of a sports car, and the 2020 Toyota Supra doesn't disappoint in this regard. It comes with a wide range of exterior paint options that complement the sporty design and highlight the car's boldness and aggressiveness on the road.
What You Need to Know
2020 Toyota Supra: Available Trims
- 3.0: Includes dual-zone automatic climate control, electric parking brake, luggage compartment with bag hooks, lane departure warning with steering assist, and more.
- 3.0 Premium: Adds Toyota's Supra Connect system, featuring remote-control lock and ventilation, map updates, real-time traffic information, and emergency calling; Supra Command infotainment system with an 8.8-inch touchscreen that supports Apple CarPlay® integration, full-color head-up display, and more.
- 3.0 Launch Edition: Includes a 12-speaker JBL® surround sound system, heated seats, 19-inch forged-aluminum twin-spoke wheels, auto-folding heated outside mirrors with memory function, and more.
2020 Toyota Supra: Available Colors
- Absolute Zero White
- Downshift Blue
- Phantom Matte Gray
- Nitro Yellow
- Nocturnal Black
- Renaissance Red 2.0
- Tungsten Silver
- Turbulence Gray
2020 Toyota Supra: Interior
- Total cargo area volume - 9.9 cubic feet
- Maximum seating capacity - Two
- Supra Command infotainment system with 8.8-inch touchscreen, compatible with Apple CarPlay, featuring voice recognition and Bluetooth® connectivity
- 14-way power-adjustable sport seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Toyota Supra: Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Toyota Supra is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable. See below to learn more about previous model years.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Toyota Supra, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
- 2016 Toyota Supra
- 2017 Toyota Supra
- 2018 Toyota Supra
- 2019 Toyota Supra
If you're interested in the 2020 Toyota Supra, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Chevrolet Corvette is one of the most iconic sports cars around. With smooth handling and high-performance powertrain options, the Corvette an incredibly dynamic and exciting vehicle. It's available in four different trim configurations, and comes with lots of standard and available tech features. The 2019 Stingray model includes as standard:
- Sirius XM™ radio
- Bose® speakers
- Driver Mode selector
- Active handling stability system with traction control
The Toyota 86 is an agile, well-balanced sports car with rear-wheel drive and a choice between automatic and manual transmission. It features a backseat row, so it can seat up to four people, and the cabin is comprised of upscale materials and lots of technology. Total cargo capacity is 6.8 cubic feet, and all tech features inside the cabin are easily accessible. 2019 models include these standard features:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Leather shift knob
- Sports pedals
The Porsche 911 features an amazing amount of advanced tech features and is lined with high-quality, luxury materials. The 2019 Porsche 911 is available in 16 trim configurations, and can seat up to four people. The base trim of the 2019 Porsche 911 is powered by a 3.0L twin-turbo engine paired to a seven-speed manual transmission, delivering 370 horsepower. It also includes:
- Rear-mounted engine
- Porsche Communication Management infotainment system with a seven-inch touchscreen and smartphone integration
- Forward-collision system
- Sport steering wheel with manual tilting and telescoping
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Toyota Supra offers just what you want in a sports car: It's powerful, it handles well, and it looks amazing. What's more, thanks to the Normal driving mode, you can drive around town and navigate stop-and-go traffic and crowded city streets comfortably. The Supra is an ideal combination between a dynamic sports car that can be a beast on the racetrack, as well as a convenient daily driver.
Want to learn more about the 2020 Toyota Supra and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.