Power, space and comfort all in one.
A practical, modern vehicle has to be spacious, powerful, prepared for any occasion, and able to tackle all kinds of day-to-day driving challenges. If you're looking for a vehicle that can incorporate all of that into one stylish package, you're looking in the right place — step forward the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban. Three-row seating and a comfortable ride means every journey is a breeze. Additionally, a selection of engines and lengthy list of features means the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban can be tailored to your daily needs.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Chevrolet Suburbans on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Chevrolet Suburban with similar features.
Key Specs & Features
- The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban with the 5.3L V8 engine, two-wheel drive and ten-speed automatic transmission can achieve an EPA-estimated 18 mpg combined.1
- With the 5.3L V8 engine equipped with all-wheel drive, the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban can achieve an EPA-estimated 17 mpg combined.1
- With the 6.2L V8 engine and two-wheel drive equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban can achieve an EPA-estimated 17 mpg combined.1
- With the 6.2L V8 engine and all-wheel drive equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban can achieve an EPA-estimated 16 mpg combined.1
- The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban offers 41.5 cu-ft of cargo volume behind the rear seats as standard.
- With the third-row seats folded flat, the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban offers up to 93.8 cu-ft of cargo volume.
- Optional third-row power-folding seating is available.
- When properly equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban can tow an estimated 8,300 lbs with its 5.3L V8 engine and two-wheel drive.2
- The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban has seating for up to eight passengers as standard.
- With the optional bench seat (available on LS trims), the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban has seating for up to nine passengers.
- The standard engine choice for the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban is a 5.3L V8 engine, producing 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- Also available is a 6.2L V8 engine, producing 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- New for the 2021 model year Chevrolet Suburban is a 3.0L six-cylinder diesel engine with 277 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- Standard 10.2 inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Standard forward-collision mitigation
- Hands-free liftgate
- Wireless charging pad
- Nine-speaker Bose® sound system
The Chevrolet Suburban has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons To Buy
1. Big on the Outside, Even Bigger on the Inside
One of the main reasons to buy a full-size SUV is for the 'full-size' part, and the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban delivers comfortably on size. Three-row seating allows capacity for up to eight passengers—nine with the optional front bench seat—with plenty of legroom for each passenger. Additionally, there's plenty of room for extra cargo and groceries too; 41.5 cu-ft of luggage volume in standard configuration and up to a whopping 93.8 cu-ft of luggage volume with the third-row seats folded flat.
2. A Smooth, Comfortable Ride
The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban looks rugged on the outside but it has a comfortable ride, too. This is thanks to a redesigned independent rear suspension for the 2021 model year, as well as optional features that include air-spring suspension with adaptive dampers. Add in a newly reconfigured lower floor to improve legroom for second- and third-row seating passengers, and the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban becomes a car you'll look forward to taking long journeys in.
3. Selection of Powerful Available Engines
The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban's pickup truck foundation combined with that full-size body means it can offer serious pulling power under the hood. The standard 5.3L V8 engine packs 355 horsepower, 383 lb-ft of torque, and with two-wheel drive can tow up to an estimated 8,300 lbs (when properly equipped).2 Additionally, there is a larger 6.2L V8 available, upping power output to 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque, and a brand new 3.0L six-cylinder diesel engine also packing 460 lb-ft of torque.
4. A Packed Feature List
Another area where the Suburban delivers is features. The standard LS trim includes a 10.2-inch infotainment touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality, and the LT trim adds a hands-free liftgate for extra convenience, as well as heated front seats and wireless charging. Elsewhere there are features such as the two-speed transfer case on the off-road orientated Z71 trim, and a panoramic sunroof on top-of-the-range High Country trims.
5. Driver Convenience Tech At Your Fingertips
With the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban, you can relax with a great variety of driver convenience technology features available. Standard on base models is forward collision mitigation, the Premier trims add lane-keeping assist and blind-spot monitoring, and the premium High Country trim includes surround-view parking cameras. Add in optional adaptive cruise control on all trims, and the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban is the full-size SUV that is effortless to drive in the city and on the open road.
What You Need to Know
- LS: Includes LED headlights, a 10.2-inch infotainment touchscreen system, forward collision mitigation, and more.
- LT: Adds a hands-free liftgate, wireless charging, a nine-speaker Bose sound system, heated front seats, and more.
- RST: Adds 22-inch wheels and unique RST exterior styling and seats.
- Z71: Adds two-speed transfer case for low-range gearing, hill descent control, front skid plate, and tow hooks.
- Premier: Adds magnetically controlled shock absorbers, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, ventilated front seats, and more.
- High Country: Adds surround-view parking camera system, head-up display, rear pedestrian alert system, 6.2L V8 engine, and more.
- Cherry Red Tintcoat
- Empire Beige Metallic
- Graywood Metallic
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Shadow Gray Metallic
- Summit White
- Three-row seating available as standard.
- Seating for up to eight passengers as standard - nine with optional front bench seat.
- 41.5 cu-ft of cargo volume behind the third-row seats.
- 93.8 cu-ft of cargo volume with rear third-row seats folded flat.
- Heated front seats available as standard on LT trims upwards.
Average CarMax Prices
The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Chevrolet Suburban.3
- 2011 — Average price less than $19,5003
- 2012 — Average price less than $21,5003
- 2013 — Average price less than $23,5003
- 2014 — Average price less than $25,0003
- 2015 — Average price less than $31,0003
- 2016 — Average price less than $36,5003
- 2017 — Average price less than $36,0003
- 2018 — Average price less than $37,5003
- 2019 — Average price less than $41,5003
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
NHTSA Safety Ratings — 2021 Chevrolet Suburban
The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban has not yet been rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Chevrolet Tahoe comes equipped with three-row seating and a range of V8 engine options. It also offers impressive pulling power for all your toys. In the two-wheel drive configuration with the standard 5.3L V8 engine, 2017–2019 models have an estimated towing capacity of up to 8,600 lbs (when properly equipped).2 Additionally, the feature list on recent Tahoe models is jam-packed, including the following all available as standard (2017–2019):
- Cruise control
- A trailer hitch receiver with wiring harness
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- Rearview camera
- Eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality.
For a smaller midsize SUV that offers three-row seating capabilities, take a look at the Chevrolet Traverse. 2018–2019 models include a choice of either a 3.6L V6 engine—good for 310 horsepower—or a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine. Not only does this turbocharged engine pack 257 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque, but it can achieve an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined, too (2018–2019 models).1 But don't let the smaller size fool you - inside this SUV body is seating for up to eight people and 157.3 cu-ft of passenger volume, meaning all passengers have plenty of room to stretch out inside. Additionally, you and your passengers will have plenty of amenities and features to enjoy on your journeys (2018–2019 models), including:
- OnStar® communication with 4G LTE connection and Wi-Fi hotspot4
- Seven-inch MyLink™ touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionality
- Driver assistance including rear parking sensors, blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert (LT Cloth trims upwards)
- Power liftgate (LT Cloth trims upwards)
- Top-down parking camera system (LT Leather trims upwards)
If you're after a pickup truck, take a look at the Chevrolet Silverado. This truck got a full redesign for the 2019 model year, and offers three engine options; the base 4.3L V6 engine, a 2.7L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, and the top-of-the-range 6.2L V8. And if it's pulling power you are after, that 6.2L engine is the perfect choice—with it, the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado can tow an estimated 12,100 lbs, when properly equipped.2 The 2019 model year Silverado also offers an impressive feature list, including:
- Seven-inch touchscreen interface with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Cruise control (Custom trims upwards)
- OnStar® communication with 4G LTE connection and Wi-Fi hotspot (LT trims upwards)4
- Power-locking and power-release tailgate (RST trims upwards)
- Dual-zone automatic climate control (LTZ trims upwards)
The Bottom Line
The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban is the full-size SUV that packs presence and rugged styling on the outside, as well as a spacious, comfortable interior inside. It can tackle the rugged everyday jobs with ease, all while making daily driving convenient and easy. And with a great selection of engine options, trim levels and features, you can find a 2021 Chevrolet Suburban suited to you and your lifestyle.
Want to find out more about the main full-size SUV contenders? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Based on CarMax average prices from 1st January 2019 to 31st May 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
4OnStar features require activation and most require a paid OnStar plan to use. Wi-Fi hotspot functionality may also require an additional data plan. Limitations and restrictions apply. See onstar.com for more information.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.