A sharp-looking hybrid with abundant power and features.
The Honda Insight combines fuel-sipping hybrid performance and an elegant design in a spacious sedan that's truly enjoyable to drive. With seating for five passengers, the 2021 Insight is a great option if you need room for family and friends or a full cart of groceries. This model is also overflowing with connectivity features and driver aids to help inspire confidence, whether commuting to the office or carpooling kids.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Honda Insights on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Honda Insight with similar features.
Below are average prices of prior model year Honda Insights.1
- 2019 - Average prices less than $22,5001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2021 Honda Insight review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2021 Honda Insight EX and LX with FWD, Atkinson-cycle 1.5L engine, and AC synchronous permanent-magnet electric motor with electronic continuously variable transmission (e-CVT) gets an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined.2
- The 2021 Honda Insight Touring with FWD, Atkinson-cycle 1.5L engine, and AC synchronous permanent-magnet electric motor with e-CVT gets an EPA-estimated 48 mpg combined.2
- 15.1 cu-ft of cargo volume (LX and EX)
- 14.7 cu-ft of cargo volume (Touring)
- The 2021 Insight seats five passengers.
- All 2021 Insights use an Atkinson-cycle 1.5L four-cylinder engine and an AC synchronous permanent-magnet electric motor to generate 151 total system horsepower.
- Bluetooth® phone and audio streaming connectivity come standard on all 2021 Insight models
- LX includes a six-speaker audio system with five-inch display
- LX features one USB port; EX and Touring include two USB port
- EX and Touring add standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration and an eight-inch touchscreen display
- Touring includes a 10-speaker audio system and navigation system with voice recognition
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Elegant Design
Whether driving to a business meeting or enjoying a night on the town, the 2021 Insight allows you to do so in style. This hybrid sedan features a beautifully sculpted body with sweeping lines and sparkling alloy wheels to create a sophisticated aesthetic that is sure to turn heads. LED headlights with low- and high-beams accent the face of the Insight, while the rear achieves a distinctive look from the LED tail lamps and brake lights. This elegance carries through the cabin of the 2021 Insight, which features LED ambient console lighting on all trim levels and soft leather with double-stitching on Touring models.
2. Comfortable Cabin
The 2021 Insight's stylish cabin blends beauty and function by offering plenty of space for five passengers and their belongings. With 37.4 inches of rear-seat legroom, adults can ride comfortably in the back seat while enjoying ample stretch-out space. Cloth upholstery comes standard on LX and EX trims, but the Touring model features leather upholstery, heated front seats, and a one-touch power moonroof for added luxury. The cargo area of the 2021 Insight boasts 15.1 cu-ft of volume to store shopping bags and luggage (LX and EX trims). The 60/40-split rear seats also fold forward, allowing you to carry longer items inside the vehicle (EX and Touring).
3. Hybrid Performance
Craving better gas mileage without sacrificing power? The 2021 Insight delivers incredible hybrid performance with an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined from its 1.5L Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder and electric motor (LX and EX).2 With 151 total system horsepower, it's quick off the line, too, with a 2021 Honda Insight 0-60 mph time of only 7.7 seconds. All models also come standard with three drive modes, so you can dial up the hybrid's sporty dynamics or switch to ECON mode with the push of a button.
4. Connectivity Features
The 2021 Insight has a plethora of cool features, helping you stay connected on your commute. All models come standard with Bluetooth phone and audio streaming connectivity, so you can take calls or queue up your tunes while you drive. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration (EX and higher models) make it easy to get directions or send and receive messages from the eight-inch touchscreen, while Touring models have available Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities.3 If you like to view your fuel and range information or unlock your doors from your smartphone, the 2021 Insight also offers available HondaLink® subscription services to feel fully integrated with your ride.4,5
5. Peace of Mind Technologies
One of the most exciting 2021 Honda Insight changes is the inclusion of a blind spot information system with cross-traffic alert. This system, which comes standard on EX and higher trims, illuminates a warning light when it senses a vehicle or person in the driver- or passenger-side blind spot. The 2021 Insight also features other confidence-inspiring driver aids on all trims, including standard forward-collision warning and automated emergency braking, lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control. If you need help with tricky parking moves, the multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines provides normal, top-down, and wide-angle views for better visibility (all 2021 trims).
What You Need to Know
2021 Honda Insight: Available Trims
- LX: Includes cloth upholstery, three drive modes (ECON, Sport, and EV), six-speaker audio system with five-inch display, manually-adjustable driver seat, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming connectivity, and more.
- EX: Adds blind spot information system with cross-traffic monitor, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, eight-inch touchscreen display, rear-seat center armrest, 60/40 fold-down rear seatback, and more.
- Touring: Adds heated front seats, leather upholstery, moonroof, 10-speaker audio system, navigation system with voice recognition, and more.
2021 Honda Insight: Available Colors
- Cosmic Blue Metallic (Available on EX and Touring)
- Crystal Black Pearl (Available on EX and Touring)
- Lunar Silver Metallic (Available on EX and Touring)
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Platinum White Pearl
- Radiant Red Metallic
2021 Honda Insight: Interior
- Push-button start
- 15.1 cu-ft of trunk space (LX and EX)
- Heated front seats with leather upholstery (Touring)
- 60/40 split-folding rear seat (EX and Touring)
2021 Honda Insight: Average CarMax Prices1
The 2021 Honda Insight is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Honda Insight.
- 2019 — Average prices less than $22,5001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2021 Honda Insight, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
NHTSA Safety Ratings — 2021 Honda Insight
The 2021 Honda Insight has not yet been rated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2021 Honda Insight, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
If you're looking for sensible transportation, the five-passenger Prius C compact hatchback deserves a spot on your list. 2017–2019 models use a hybrid drivetrain with an electric motor and a 1.5L four-cylinder to return a very thrifty EPA-estimated 48 mpg city with the CVT.2 The Prius C's small dimensions and agile handling also make it an excellent choice for commuting through urban areas. You'll have plenty of space for your gear, too, with 17.1 cu-ft of cargo volume in 2017–2019 models. One step up from the base is the 2017–2018 Prius C TWO trim, which comes standard with:
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- Fabric-trimmed two-tone seat
- Six-way adjustable driver seat
- 60/40 split fold-down rear seats
- Entune™ Audio with 6.1-inch touchscreen display
With its V6 performance and hybrid drivetrain, the two-seater Acura NSX combines power and great gas mileage into one sporty package. 2017–2019 models use a twin-turbocharged 3.5L V6, a trio of electric motors, and a nine-speed dual-clutch transmission to return an EPA-estimated 21 mpg combined, which is very impressive for a sports coupe.2 With an approximate top speed of 191 mph (according to the manufacturer), the 2017–2019 NSX feels at home on the racecourse. You can also customize the supercar's dynamics using four driving modes—Quiet, Sport, Sport+, and Track – in 2017 and newer models. Standard features on all 2017–2019 NSXs include:
- LED headlights
- Adaptive suspension dampers
- Leather and simulated-suede upholstery
- Two USB inputs
- Seven-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
The Bottom Line
If you're shopping for a hybrid car with a sophisticated design and plenty of features, you can't go wrong with the 2021 Honda Insight. From its handsomely sculpted body and eye-pleasing looks to its spacious cabin with generous legroom and connectivity features, this is a sedan you'll look forward to driving.
Looking to learn more? Check out these related articles:
1 Based on CarMax average prices between January 1, 2019 through May 31, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
4Activation with subscription required.
5Remote lock/unlock functionality may require the purchase of a subscription plan and/or a compatible device like a smartphone. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.