A practical yet stylish minivan.
The fifth-generation Honda Odyssey got a sparkling refresh for 2021, upgrading its passenger-focused technology and driver-assistance features. This multifunctional minivan can accommodate up to eight adults, with its second and third rows movable (and removable) so you can increase your cargo capability with ease. You'll love the Odyssey's practicality for you and your whole crew.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Honda Odysseys on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Honda Odyssey with similar features.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2021 Honda Odyssey review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2021 Honda Odyssey with a 3.5L V6 engine and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined.1
- 38.6 cubic feet of cargo space with all seats in place
- When properly equipped, the 2021 Honda Odyssey with the V6 engine can tow up to an estimated 3,500 lbs.2
- Seating for seven (LX)
- Seating for eight with the second-row bench seat (EX and above)
- All 2021 Odysseys run on a 3.5L V6 engine, delivering 280 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque via a 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Adaptive cruise control
- USB audio interface
- Traffic sign recognition technology
- Rear seat reminder system
- CabinTalk® intercom feature (Touring and Elite trims)
The Honda Odyssey has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Useful Interior Features
Got sports equipment, work tools, or groceries? The second-row seats on all 2021 Honda Odyssey trims fold nearly flat — and there are grocery bag hooks behind the third-row seats, too. Keep weather and dirt from getting too far into the vehicle with "cleaner-for-longer" tricolor floor mats (EX and above). And for your days of multiple stop-and-drops, try the second-row seating's Wide Mode, Buddy Mode, and Super Mode positioning to help you and your passengers out (EX and above).
2. Premium Paint Choices
Treating yourself to a fresh look couldn't be easier. For the 2021 model year, there are some striking colors available on the Honda Odyssey, including Platinum White Pearl, Deep Scarlet Pearl, Pacific Pewter Metallic, and Forest Mist Metallic. Whichever you choose, you're bound to turn heads as you go about your day.
3. CabinWatch® and CabinTalk Features
The 2021 Honda Odyssey allows you to focus on driving with a range of great tech. The CabinWatch feature (Touring and Elite trims) has its eyes on your rear seats. At the touch of a button, the rear cabin camera feeds directly to the center console screen, and guess what? It's got zoom-in capability and night vision, too. CabinTalk (Touring and Elite trims) lets your voice project through the cabin via connected headphones or the rear speakers. No one is getting too rowdy on your watch!
4. Helpful Driver-Assistance Features
All 2021 Honda Odysseys are equipped with the Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistance features as standard. As part of the 2021 refresh, new functions have been added to the lineup, including traffic sign recognition (TSR). Transferring the data to the driver information display in real time, TSR is a welcome addition when driving complicated routes with multiple drop-offs, or on long-distance road trips.
5. Power Sliding Doors
Because the 2021 Honda Odyssey is designed for larger groups and families, it's pretty much expected that you'll be heading to the van with your hands full. The Odyssey knows this and helps out. The rear power-slide doors (EX and above) can be opened with one touch, and from 50 feet away with your key fob, too. How nice is that?
What You Need To Know
- LX: Includes push-button start, rear privacy glass, Bluetooth® functionality, five-inch display screen, seven-speaker audio system, fold-flat second-row seats, and more.
- EX: Adds power sliding doors, Magic Slide™ second-row seats, eight-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration, remote start, and more.3
- EX-L: Adds power moonroof, sound-reducing windshield, power liftgate, auto-dimming rearview mirror, second-row USB charging ports, and more.
- Touring: Adds rear-seat entertainment system, cabin intercom system, CabinWatch monitoring system, front and rear parking sensors, available Wi-Fi hotspot, and more.4
- Elite: Adds rain sensing automatic wipers, wireless charging pad, integrated vacuum, 11-speaker audio system, power-fold door mirrors, and more.
- Crystal Black Pearl (EX and above)
- Deep Scarlet Pearl (EX and above)
- Forest Mist Metallic (EX and above)
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Obsidian Blue Pearl
- Pacific Pewter Metallic (EX and above)
- Platinum White Pearl
- Seating for seven (LX) or eight passengers (EX and above)
- 38.6 cubic feet of cargo space with all seats in place
- Illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Magic Slide second-row seats (EX and above)
- Cargo area seat-back hooks
Average CarMax Prices
The 2021 Honda Odyssey is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Honda Odyssey.
- 2011 - Average prices less than $15,0005
- 2012 - Average prices less than $15,5005
- 2013 - Average prices less than $17,5005
- 2014 - Average prices less than $19,0005
- 2015 - Average prices less than $22,0005
- 2016 - Average prices less than $23,5005
- 2017 - Average prices less than $25,0005
- 2018 - Average prices less than $31,0005
- 2019 - Average prices less than $33,0005
- 2020 - Average prices less than $38,0005
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2021 Honda Odyssey, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
The 2021 Honda Odyssey received an overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2021 Honda Odyssey, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The 2017-2019 Toyota Sienna is a comfortable seven- or eight-seat (depending on the trim) minivan with a robust 3.5L V6 engine, and seating flexibility over the second and third rows. Big trips can be a breeze, with 39.1 cubic feet of fixed cargo storage behind the third row and three ample storage bins through the cabin. From 2018, the Toyota Sienna LE trim features:
- Trizone automatic climate control
- 12 cup holders and a six-speaker sound system
- Available second-row captain's chairs
The Voyager returned to the Chrysler lineup in 2020 as a functional seven-seat minivan with plenty of interchangeable passenger and cargo space over two trims. Cargo space behind the third row is 32.3 cubic feet, expanding to 87.5 cubic feet with the Stow 'n Go third-row seats folded. When properly equipped, the 2020 Voyager with a 3.6L V6 engine has an estimated towing capacity of 3,600 lbs.2 Both 2020 Voyager trims (L and LX) feature:
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Rearview camera
Thanks to its chiseled exterior features and driver-friendly design, the Kia Sedona boasts style and practicality in equal measure. All 2017-2019 Sedonas have a 3.3L V6 engine powertrain, designed to deliver smooth acceleration through a shiftable transmission and front-wheel drive. The Sedona has seating for seven or eight passengers, depending on the trim, and 33.9 cubic feet of cargo storage with all seats in place. All 2017-2019 Kia Sedonas feature:
- Stain-resistant cloth or leather upholstery
- Tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
- Bluetooth capability
The Bottom Line
The 2021 Honda Odyssey is a well-equipped, functional, and stylish minivan for you and your crew. Thoughtful features can help you feel in control behind the wheel and keep your passengers comfortable and entertained.
Looking to learn more about minivans? Take a look at these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Remote start functionality may require the purchase of a subscription plan and/or a compatible device like a smartphone. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
4Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
5Based on prices on carmax.com between January 2, 2019 and June 4, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.