Looking for a versatile three-row suv?
The Kia Telluride is a midsize SUV with a wide variety of features that makes it a great choice for a road trip or the daily commute. With a variety of trim levels, you can opt for the latest tech and comfort features to make your travels the best they can be with the Telluride.
The first-generation Kia Telluride (2020–present) is a great choice if you are looking for a do-it-all SUV. So, if you love the latest 2021 Telluride, you should also consider prior model years of the Kia Telluride with similar features.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Kia Tellurides on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Kia Telluride with similar features.
Below are average prices for prior model years of the Kia Telluride at CarMax.1
- 2020 – Average price less than $37,0001
Here's what you'll learn in this 2021 Kia Telluride review:
Key Specs & Features
- All 2021 Kia Telluride trim levels are powered by a 3.8L V6 engine. EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings are 20 mpg city and 26 mpg highway for FWD-equipped Telluride models and 19 mpg city and 24 mpg highway with AWD.2
- Total cargo space is 87 cu-ft with 21.0 cu-ft with all seats in place and a full load of passengers.
- The 2021 Kia Telluride's towing capacity is an estimated 5,000 lbs across all trims with the V6 engine, when properly equipped.3
- The 2021 Kia Telluride can seat seven to eight people across its three rows of seating, depending on options.
- The base 2021 Kia Telluride comes with a standard 291-hp 3.8L V6 engine.
- The Kia Telluride provides two versions of Kia's great infotainment system, including a standard eight-inch touchscreen with an optional 10.3-inch also available.
- Choose between five to six USB ports, depending on options, spread across the three rows so all passengers can stay plugged in.
- Optional equipment on the Telluride includes a 10-speaker Harman Kardon™ surround sound system and a seven-inch instrument cluster display.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Athletic Exterior
With a modern exterior design, the 2021 Telluride is anything but boring. Check out the great details on the intricate grille, giving the whole vehicle an imposing look. The super cool Evonik Acrylite exterior headlights on the Avenir trim sport more than 100 individual LEDs, too. Who says you can't have form and function?
2. Latest Tech
The 2021 Kia Telluride comes standard with an eight-inch touchscreen as part of the infotainment system. You can even opt for a larger 10.25-inch system, which comes with standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. This means easy access to your favorite music and navigation apps. All this on top of the available driver-assistance features makes the Telluride an impressive SUV.
3. Cool Trim Options
Opt for the super cool Telluride Nightfall Edition and add a healthy dose of attitude. This package is available on AWD versions of the EX Premium and SX. It features exclusive exterior features including a gloss black exterior trim, black 20-inch alloy wheels, a black radiator grille, Nightfall Edition Logos, and more.
4. Comfort for Eight
The 2021 Telluride is more than just a pretty face. With standard third-row seating at all trim levels, you can bring everyone along on your epic journey. Plus, with standard dual-zone climate control and available heated and ventilated seats, you can arrive at your destination in comfort.
5. Extra Cargo Capacity
Even with room for up to eight passengers, there is also a generous 87 cu-ft of space behind the front seats with the second and third rows folded down. The Telluride also features a wide rear opening, which is great for bulky objects and sports gear. You can also make use of a handy underfloor compartment for more secure storage.
What You Need to Know
The 2021 Kia Telluride comes in five distinct trim configurations:
- LX: The base trim comes with a ton of standard features like eight-passenger seating, rear heating and air conditioning control, simulated leather upholstery, an eight-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration, a USB media port and five USB charging ports.
- S: Upgrade to the Telluride S and you'll get 20-inch wheels, a sunroof, a power-adjustable driver's seat, heated front seats, and second-row captain's chairs (seats seven).
- EX: The EX trim adds leather seating, a hands-free liftgate, a power-adjustable passenger seat, ventilated front seats, second-row window sunshades, dual-zone automatic climate control, wireless charging, and a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation.
- SX: The top-spec SX gives you additional equipment including dual sunroofs, a larger 10.3-inch information display in the instrument cluster, an upgraded driver's seat with memory settings, and a 10-speaker Harman Kardon audio system.
The 2021 Kia Telluride is available in the following nine colors:
- Black Copper
- Dark Moss
- Ebony Black
- Everlasting Silver
- Glacial White Pearl
- Gravity Gray
- Snow White Pearl
- Wolf Gray
The 2021 Kia Telluride is available with lots of great interior features:
- Standard eight-passenger seating with simulated leather and optional leather seating.
- Available reclining dual captain's chairs for easy third-row access.
- Dual-zone climate control is standard across all trim levels.
Average CarMax Prices
The 2021 Kia Telluride is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Kia Telluride.1
- 2020 — Average price less than $37,0001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2021 Kia Telluride, check out the previous model year of this vehicle with similar features.
The 2021 Kia Telluride was rated overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click Here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2021 Kia Telluride, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The three-row 2020 Palisade has a powerful 3.8L V6, making it a great companion for long journeys and road trips. The Palisade is a great midsize SUV if you're looking for space for family and friends in a comfortable and stylish package. In its first generation (2020 onward) the Palisade offers a wealth of standard features such as:
- Eight-inch touch screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- Heated mirrors
- Rear parking sensors
- Adaptive cruise control
- Second-row air-conditioning controls
- Power-folding second-row bench seats and 60/40 split-folding third-row seats
Nissan has been perfecting the midsize Pathfinder since 1985 and it's a smart choice if you're looking for something rugged. Known for its style and function, the Nissan Pathfinder should definitely make your shopping list. Part of the fourth generation (2013 to present) all 2017 and newer Pathfinders are powered by a 284-hp 3.5L V6. The base 2017–2019 Pathfinder comes with standard equipment including:
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- Rearview camera
- 60/40 split-folding second-row seat with slide and recline feature
- Eight-inch touchscreen interface
- Automatic emergency braking and reverse parking sensors
If you're looking for a do-anything versatile midsize SUV, the Honda Pilot is a great choice. Model years 2017–2020 are part of the Pilot's third generation and are powered by a 280-horsepower 3.5L V6 engine with optional AWD. The Pilot features 109 cu-ft of space with the rear seats folded flat and even the base Honda Pilot is well equipped. Keep an eye out for comfort and convenience features on the base LX trim across 2017–2020 models, such as:
- 60/40 split-folding third-row seat
- Five-inch central display screen
- Rearview camera
- Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity
The Bottom Line
The 2021 Kia Telluride offers a long list of comfort, convenience, and luxury features to choose from. The Telluride is definitely one to add to your shopping list!
Want to learn more about the Kia Telluride and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1 Based on CarMax average prices from January 1, 2019 to May 31, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
3Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.