Modern styling for a favorite sedan.
For over three decades, the Toyota Camry has been a solution for people looking for a practical, midsized car. The 2021 Toyota Camry is no different, although the sedan has grown up over the years. The 2021 model comes standard with modern driver-assist features including braking assist, as well as comfort and convenience features like a USB port and 12-volt plug, and optional all-wheel-drive available across all trim levels.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Toyota Camrys on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Toyota Camry with similar features.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2021 Toyota Camry review:
Key Specs and Features:
- The 2021 Toyota Camry with a six-cylinder, 3.5L engine and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 26 mpg combined.1
- The 2021 Toyota Camry AWD with a four-cylinder, 2.5L engine gets an EPA-estimated 29 mpg combined in the LE and SE trims, and 28 mpg combined in the XLE and XSE trims.1
- The 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid with a four-cylinder, 2.5L engine gets an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined.1
- The 2021 Toyota Camry has 15.1 cu-ft of cargo space.
- The 2021 Toyota Camry has seating for five.
- Four-cylinder, 2.5 L engine that produces 203-206 horsepower depending on trim.
- A 301-horsepower, 3.5 L V6.
- Standard Apple CarPlay® and Amazon Alexa®
- Available wireless smartphone charging, standard on XLE trim and higher
- Standard USB port and media port
- Available head-up display available on XLE trim and higher
- Braking assist and Smart Stop Technology®
The Toyota Camry has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Plentiful Engine Options
Produced since 1983, the Toyota Camry is an established brand and the 2021 Toyota Camry offers something for every driver. Most impressive is the 17 available engine configurations, so you can find one that works for your needs. You can choose from four- or six-cylinder engine options, front-wheel- or all-wheel-drive, and even a hybrid option.
2. Great Commuter Car
The 2021 Toyota Camry is an excellent sedan for people who commute. The base trim 2021 Camry with the four-cylinder, 2.5L engine gets an EPA-estimated 26 mpg combined.1 In addition, the Camry has room to accommodate all your weekend activities, with five seats and 15.1 cu-ft of storage space in the trunk.
3. Available All-Wheel Drive
If you live somewhere with lots of snow, ice, and rain, you will appreciate that the Camry is available with optional all-wheel drive. This was introduced on the Camry for the 2020 model year and expanded to be available on all trim levels for the 2021 model year (although AWD cannot be coupled with the V6 engine). With the optional AWD, 50% of torque can be directed to the back wheels to help you reach your destination as smoothly as possible—even in inclement weather.
4. Options for Everyone
The 2021 Toyota Camry is available with a wide range of different engine options and trims. Combined with available packages and features like an optional moonroof or leather seats, this gives you the flexibility to choose the Camry that is right for you. For the first time, the Toyota Camry is available with a high-performance TRD trim, beginning with the 2021 model year.
5. Plentiful Driver-Assist Features
The 2021 Toyota Camry comes standard with a suite of driver-assist features as part of Toyota's TTS 2.5+ system. All trims of the 2021 Camry come with features including pre-collision braking, lane-keep assist, and adaptive cruise control. Blind-spot monitoring is an available option on lower trims, and standard on XLE and higher.
What You Need to Know
Toyota discontinued the L trim for the 2021 Camry model. Now, the Camry is available in the following trims:
- LE: Apple CarPlay, Amazon Alexa and Bluetooth; fabric seats; TTS 2.5+ safety features, including pre-collision braking; optional AWD
- SE: Sport SofTex®-trimmed front seats; leather-trimmed steering wheel; available Nightshade styling option
- XLE: V6 engine available; leather-trimmed front seats; dual-zone climate control comes standard; optional moonroof (standard with V6 engine); and more
- XSE: sports-tuned suspension
- TRD: Standard V6 engine; track-tuned suspension; lower ground clearance
- Celestial Silver Metallic (with option for Midnight Black metallic roof)
- Galactic Aqua
- Ice Edge with Midnight Black Metallic Roof (TRD trim only)
- Midnight Black Metallic
- Predawn Gray Mica
- Ruby Flare Pearl
- Supersonic Red (with option for Midnight Black metallic roof)
- Wind Chill Pearl (with option for Midnight Black metallic roof)
- 15.1 cu-ft of cargo space
- Seating for five
- Apple CarPlay, Amazon Alexa, USB and Bluetooth
- Standard 4 cup holders each in front and rear
Average CarMax Prices
The 2021 Toyota Camry is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Toyota Camry.2
- 2012 — Average prices less than $13,0002
- 2013 — Average prices less than $13,5002
- 2014 — Average prices less than $14,5002
- 2015 — Average prices less than $15,5002
- 2016 — Average prices less than $16,0002
- 2017 — Average prices less than $17,5002
- 2018 — Average prices less than $21,0002
- 2019 — Average prices less than $21,0002
- 2020 — Average prices less than $26,5002
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2021 Toyota Camry, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
The 2021 Toyota Camry received overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2021 Toyota Camry, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The Toyota Corolla is a compact car that has traditionally been available as a sedan, although a hatchback version was introduced for the 2019 model year. The Corolla is a great option if you're a commuter who doesn't need tons of seating space in the back, although the hatchback, in particular, offers good options for cargo space. The Corolla has seating for five. It has 13 cu-ft of cargo space in the sedan, and 17.8 cu-ft in the hatchback. Standard features on the 2018 and 2019 models include:
- 132-horsepower four-cylinder engine (sedan) or 168-horsepower four-cylinder engine (hatchback)
- 6.1-inch touch screen display
- Pre-collision braking, lane-keep assist, and adaptive cruise control
The Honda Accord is a midsized sedan that was completely redesigned for the 2018 model year. It has seating for five and 16.7 cu-ft of cargo space, making it a great option for young families, city-dwelling outdoor enthusiasts and others who need plenty of storage space in a sedan. If you're a speed enthusiast, you'll like that the Accord comes standard with a turbocharged engine, or, perhaps, you'd prefer the hybrid option instead. Other standard features on the 2018 and 2019 Honda Accord models include:
- Standard 192-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine
- Driver assist features including rearview camera, lane-keep assist, and more
- USB and Bluetooth, with available Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
The Nissan Altima is a midsized sedan that was completely redesigned for the 2019 model year. It has seating for five and 15.4 cu-ft of cargo space. Its back seat is spacious, making the Altima a good choice if you have children with car seats, pets who will be traveling in the back, or just some friends who need a ride. The Altima is available with a hybrid engine option and optional all-wheel-drive. Here's what else you'll find on the 2018 and 2019 Nissan Altima:
- Standard 188-horsepower 2.5L four-cylinder engine; optional 248-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine
- Available Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Some standard driver-assist features including emergency braking, collision warning, and backup camera
The Bottom Line
The Toyota Camry is a very functional car that offers something for every lifestyle. With plentiful engine, styling, and tech options, you can find a Camry that meets your needs. Available all-wheel drive, an optional V6 engine, and standard driver-assist features like adaptive cruise control make the Camry a good option for drivers who will be spending lots of time behind the wheel.
Looking to learn more? Check out these related articles.
1EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. See fueleconomy.gov. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history.
2Based on CarMax average prices between January 2, 2019 through June 4, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.