Luxury and power in a compact package.
Compact SUVs bridge the gap between SUVs and sedans, offering the roomy interior and styling of an SUV with the agility and handling of a sedan. For those who want a luxury vehicle that is nimble and fun to drive while at the same time roomy enough to accommodate cargo and passengers alike, the Audi Q5 is a standout choice. To learn more about what sets the second generation (2018-present) of this luxury SUV apart from the competition, check out our Audi Q5 review below.
Key Specs and Features
- The 2018 Audi Q5 can be equipped with a 252 hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine or a 354-horsepower, twin-turbocharged V6 engine.
- The 2018 Audi Q5 offers 26.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 60.4 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down.
- The 2018 Audi Q5 gets an EPA estimated 25 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine and an automatic transmission.1
- The 2018 Audi Q5 comes standard with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on all trims.
- The 2018 Audi Q5 comes standard with a premium 10-speaker audio system on all trims.
- The 2018 Audi Q5 comes standard with push-button ignition on all trims.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Powerful Engine Options
There's a lot of power under the hood of a used Audi Q5. On the 2015 Audi Q5, for example, you can choose between four different engine options that range from 220-354 hp. On the 2018 Audi Q5, meanwhile, you can choose between a 252 hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine or a 354-horsepower, twin-turbocharged V6 engine.
2. A Spacious, Roomy Cabin
The Audi Q5 offers more than enough cargo space to accommodate any road trip or shopping expedition. On first generation models (2008-2017), the Audi Q5 offers 29.1 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 57.3 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down. On the 2018 Audi Q5, these numbers are 26.8 cubic feet behind the rear seat and 60.4 cubic feet with the rear seat folded down.
3. Abundant Standard Features
On the Audi Q5, Audi has chosen to make many of the vehicle's most exciting and useful features standard on all trims. On the 2018 model, for example, you can look forward to standard features such as Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, a premium 10-speaker sound system, a five-inch driver information display with voice command capability, heated front seats, and much more. While there are plenty of available features to choose from as well, the Audi Q5's long list of standard features is especially appealing.
4. Excellent Handling
Responsive and agile is the best way to describe the handling of the Audi Q5. While the vehicle's engine may be built for power, its suspension and steering system are designed for world-class handling. If you are in the market for a luxury SUV that handles like a much smaller vehicle, you're sure to love the handling of the Audi Q5.
5. A Premium Interior Design
The moment you sit inside the Audi Q5, it becomes obvious that you are sitting in a luxury SUV. Thanks to premium materials, an aesthetically pleasing design, and a wide array of technology features, the interior of the Audi Q5 truly sets itself apart in the luxury SUV market. From top to bottom, the interior of the Audi Q5 is designed for both comfort and class.
What You Need to Know
Audi Q5 CarMax Prices2
- 2014-2017: Average price less than $29,500.
- 2018: Average price less than $38,500.
2018 Audi Q5 Models & Trim Levels
The 2018 Audi Q5 comes available in four different trim levels:
- Premium - The base trim of the 2018 Audi Q5, the Premium trim offers standard features such as heated front seats, a five-inch driver information system, a rear view camera, and more!
- Premium Plus - The Premium Plus trim of the 2018 Audi Q5 offers everything found on the Premium trim as well as keyless start, stop, and entry, driver seat memory, full LED headlights, and more!
- Prestige - The Prestige trim of the 2018 Audi Q5 offers everything found on the Premium Plus trim as well as a Bang & Olufsen® 19-speaker sound system, MMI® all-in-touch with handwriting-recognition technology, a top view camera system, and more!
- SQ5 Premium Plus - The SQ5 Premium Plus trim of the 2018 Audi Q5 offers everything found on the Prestige trim as well as a 3.0-liter TFSI® twin-scroll turbocharged V6 engine, brushed aluminum inlays, a roof-mounted spoiler, and more!
Audi Q5 Interior and Exterior
Audi Q5 Seating Capacity
The Audi Q5 is a compact SUV that is capable of seating up to five passengers.
Audi Q5 Cargo Space
The 2018 Audi Q5 offers 26.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat and 60.4 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seat folded down.
Audi Q5 Colors
The 2018 Audi Q5 comes in thirteen color options. These color options include:
- Azores Green Metallic
- Brilliant Black
- Daytona Gray Pearl
- Florett Silver Metallic
- Ibis White
- Manhattan Gray Metallic
- Matador Red Metallic
- Monsoon Gray Metallic
- Moonlight Blue Metallic
- Mythos Black Metallic
- Navarra Blue Metallic
- Tofana White Crystal
- Utopia Blue Metallic
Audi Q5 Engine & Transmission
The 2018 Audi Q5 can be equipped with either a 252 hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine that is matched with a seven-speed automatic transmission or a 354-horsepower, twin-turbocharged V6 engine that is matched with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Years in Review
2013 Audi Q5 - The 2013 Audi Q5 saw minor changes to the vehicle's interior and exterior design. 2013 was also the year that Audi began offering a supercharged V6 engine in the Q5 as well as the year that Audi introduced the Audi Q5 Hybrid.
2014 Audi Q5 - For the 2014 Audi Q5, Audi upped the power of the base engine, introduced the SQ5 model, and made Bluetooth® phone integration standard on all trims.
2015 Audi Q5 - Minor changes were made to the 2015 Audi Q5 to include a power liftgate that became standard on all trims.
2016 Audi Q5 - Minor changes were made to the 2016 Audi Q5 to include a panoramic sunroof that became standard on all trims.
2017 Audi Q5 - The Audi Q5 Hybrid model was discontinued in 2017, and Audi lengthened the list of standard features on the 2017 Audi Q5 to include features such as satellite radio and three-zone climate control.
2018 Audi Q5 - As the vehicle entered its second generation, the Audi Q5 was completely redesigned in 2018. The 2018 Audi Q5 features updated engine options, a long list of new technology features, and a completely redesigned interior and exterior.
In the luxury SUV class, the Audi Q5 stands out thanks especially to its impressive performance and long list of standard features. If you are in the market for a compact SUV that is just as powerful and capable as it is luxurious and comfortable, the Audi Q5 is a vehicle that is well worth considering. Looking to learn more about the Audi Q5? Check out these related resources:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Based on CarMax average prices between August 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.