A luxury sports car offering comfort and style.
If you're looking to treat yourself to a luxury sedan with a little power under the hood, the BMW M4 is worth your consideration. This luxury two-door sedan boasts a lot of the features as a high-performance sports car, but with the comfort and styling of a luxury vehicle at the same time. Learn more about the great features of this unique vehicle in our BMW M4 review.
- Reasons to Buy
- What You Need to Know
- Customer Reviews
- Chevrolet Equinox Ratings
- What's New for 2018?
- The Bottom Line
Reasons to Buy
1. Impressive Standard Engine
The BMW M4 comes with an excellent standard engine in the 2015-2017 model years. Specifically, a turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine at 425 horsepower comes standard in all configurations of this vehicle. This powerful engine allows for acceleration of 0-60 mph in 4 seconds.
2. Unique iDrive Infotainment System
The 2015-2017 BMW M4 is also equipped with BMW's unique iDrive infotainment system, which is one of the best in its class. This includes a 16-speaker sound system with surround sound, smartphone integration, HD/satellite radio, Bluetooth® connectivity, navigation, and much more. In the 2017 model year, it also includes a larger 8.8-inch touchscreen interface.
3. Comfortable Interior
When you think of a coupe, you probably don't expect a lot of interior space. You’ll be delightfully surprised to find that the BMW M4 has a wide design and profile that is higher than your typical sports car. As a result, four passengers can fit comfortably with a surprising amount of head, leg, and shoulder room.
4. Ample Customization Packages
While there aren't different trim options available in the BMW M4, there are numerous package add-ons that allow you to customize your ride. In the 2016 BMW M4, for example, an Executive Package adds features as a rearview camera and heated steering wheel. Meanwhile, a Driver Assistance Package adds blind-spot monitoring, lane-departure warning, and more.
5. Automatic Engine Start-Stop Features
In the 2016 BMW M4, an automatic start-stop engine shuts off the engine to save fuel while the vehicle is stopped.
What You Need to Know
BMW M4 Average Prices at CarMax1
- 2014- 2016: Average price less than $50,000.
- 2017-2018: Average price less than $62,000.
BMW M4 Models & Trim Levels:
The 2017 BMW M4 does not have different trim levels available, but it is available in several styles and different package add-ons for customization.
- Coupe or Convertible - The 2017 BMW M4 comes in your choice of coupe or convertible styling. Both options offer seating for up to four passengers.
- Competition Package - This package adds a turbocharged engine, which increases horsepower output on the BMW M4 from 425 horsepower to 444 horsepower.
- Executive Package - The executive package adds luxurious features, such as heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel, wireless charging for mobile devices, and a rearview camera. It also includes an available Wi-Fi hotspot for connectivity on the go (data plan and compatible device required).
- Lighting Package - The available lighting package includes automatic high-beams for greater visibility in various driving conditions. It also includes adaptive LED headlights.
- Driver Assistance Plus Package - This package adds an innovative side- and top-view camera, forward collision warning, automatic braking, blind-spot monitoring, and lane departure warning.
BMW M4 Seating Capacity
The 2017 BMW M4 can seat four passengers in both its coupe and convertible stylings. This small coupe has a wide design that allows for added shoulder room in the front and back. As a result, even taller passengers should feel plenty comfortable.
BMW M4 Cargo Space
The 2017 BMW M4 offers 11 cubic feet of cargo space with rear seats fully intact. You can increase the cargo space to about 13.1 cubic feet by folding down the rear seats. In terms of storage, the BMW M4 also has a small center console and glovebox.
BMW M4 Colors
The 2017 BMW M4 is available in 12 exterior color options:
- Alpine White
- Austin Yellow
- Azurite Black
- Black Sapphire
- Champagne Quartz Metallic
- Mineral Gray
- Mineral White
- Sakhir Orange II Metallic
- Silverstone Metallic
- Smoked Topaz
- Tanzanite Blue
- Yas Marina Blue
BMW M4 Engine & Transmission
The 2017 BMW M4 comes standard with a turbocharged 3.0-liter, six cylinder engine at 425 horsepower along with a six-speed manual transmission. Upgrade to the Competition Package and you'll enjoy an even more powerful engine at 444 horsepower.
Customer Reviews - Overall Rating: 5/5 (3 Reviews)2
Pros: Power, Ride and Handling
Cons: Seat Comfort, Cost to Maintain
"I would recommend this car for someone who enjoys spirited driving. The adjustable suspension provides an option for a more relaxed ride. The power and acceleration is extraordinary."
- 2015 BMW M4 Owner (Houston, TX)
"It’s a joy to drive and a joy to own!"
- 2015 BMW M4 Owner (New York, NY)
BMW M4 CarMax Rankings
- 7th - Best Luxury Sports Cars (2018)
What's New For 2018?
The BMW M4 is mostly unchanged for the 2018 model year. Small changes include a rearview camera as a standard option. The BMW iDrive infotainment, taillights and headlights system are also upgraded and improved for the 2018 model year.
The Bottom Line
If you’re shopping for a car that's as powerful as it is luxurious, the BMW M4 may be the right choice for you. Offering an impressive standard powertrain and a surprisingly roomy interior with high-end features and plenty of options for customization, the BMW M4 is a great option.
1Based on CarMax average prices between March 1, 2018, and August 31, 2018. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Reviews have been edited for brevity, clarity, and grammar.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.