Turn heads with this premium SUV.
When it comes to luxury SUVs, the Cadillac Escalade is in a class all of its own. To see Cadillac Escalade pictures and to learn more about the specs and features of this vehicle, check out our Cadillac Escalade review:
- Reasons to Buy
- What You Need to Know
- Customer Reviews
- Cadillac Escalade Ratings
- What's New for 2018?
- The Bottom Line
Reasons to Buy
1. Superb Handling
Despite being a large, roomy SUV, the Cadillac Escalade is still an agile vehicle that offers a smooth ride and nimble handling. If you want an SUV that handles like a much smaller vehicle, the Cadillac Escalade won't disappoint.
2. Plenty of Power
The 2016 Cadillac Escalade comes equipped with a beefy 6.2L V8 engine that is rated for 420 hp. Whether you want plenty of towing power or the ability to quickly accelerate, the Cadillac Escalade certainly offers more than enough muscle to get the job done.
3. Style that Makes a Statement
It doesn't take long to recognize that the Cadillac Escalade is a luxury SUV through and through. From the premium Cadillac Escalade rims, to the leather interior and sleek exterior design, the Cadillac Escalade features premium style down to the smallest detail. If you want style that makes a statement, you can't go wrong with the Escalade.
4. Exciting Trim Options
The 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes available in four different trims levels. Each trim offers a wide array of tech and design options. Even with the base trim of the 2017 Cadillac Escalade (the ESV trim) you still get features such as heated and cooled front seats, adaptive remote start, and surround vision.
5. Excellent Cargo Space
The 2017 Cadillac Escalade offers plenty of space for passengers and cargo alike. On the standard 2017 Cadillac Escalade, you'll have up to 94.2 cubic feet of cargo space with the third and second row folded down. If you opt for the extended wheelbase Cadillac Escalade, that number goes up to 120.9 cubic feet. Either way, having enough space inside your vehicle should never be a concern with the Cadillac Escalade.
What You Need to Know
Cadillac Escalade Average CarMax Prices1
- 2014-2016: Average prices less than $51,000.
- 2017-2018: Average prices less than $64,500.
2017 Cadillac Escalade Models & Trim Levels
The 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes available in four different trim levels:
- ESV - The ESV trim of the 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes with features such as adaptive remote start, leather seats on the first and second row, heated and cooled front seats, surround vision, and more.
- Luxury - The Luxury trim of the 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes with everything found on the ESV trim as well as forward collision alert, a backup camera with an automatic camera washer, a power sunroof, rear cross traffic alert, and more.
- Premium Luxury - The Premium Luxury trim of the 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes with everything found on the Luxury trim as well as adaptive cruise control, available four-wheel drive, front and rear automatic braking, illuminating door handles, and more.
- Platinum - The Platinum trim of the 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes with everything found on the Premium Luxury trim as well as a rear seat entertainment system, power-retractable assist steps, a leather-wrapped instrument panel, and more.
Cadillac Escalade Interior and Exterior
Cadillac Escalade Seating Capacity
The Cadillac Escalade is a three-row SUV capable of seating up to seven passengers.
Cadillac Escalade Cargo Space
The standard 2017 Cadillac Escalade offers 15.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row, 51.6 cubic feet with the third row folded down, and 94.2 cubic feet with the third and second row folded down. On the extended wheelbase version of the 2017 Cadillac Escalade, you'll get 39.3 cubic feet behind the third row, 76.7 cubic feet with the third row folded down, and 120.9 cubic feet with the third and second row folded down.
Cadillac Escalade Colors
The 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes in eight color options. These color options include:
- Black Raven
- Bronze Dune Metallic
- Crystal White Tricoat
- Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic
- Dark Granite Metallic
- Radiant Silver Metallic
- Red Passion Tintcoat
- Silver Coast Metallic
Cadillac Escalade Engine & Transmission
The 2017 Cadillac Escalade comes equipped with a 6.2L V8 engine that is rated for 420 hp. This engine is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Customer Reviews - Overall Rating: 4.64 (112 Reviews)2
- Pros: Ride and Handling, Cabin Noise, Power
- Cons: Fuel Economy, Tech and Entertainment, Braking
"We were looking to tow our car hauler and chose the Escalade because of the big engine. The Escalade has power to spare, handles nicely, and lets you travel in style. We intend to keep this SUV for a long, long time."
- 2013 Cadillac Escalade Owner (Powell, TN)
"This car makes a statement. Although it is a large SUV, it drives and handles like any smaller luxury vehicle. It has style. It's a Cadillac at its best!"
- 2012 Cadillac Escalade Owner (Nashville, TN)
"This SUV is by far the most comfortable and fully-equipped of the four vehicles my wife and I have had. We really like the Bluetooth® capability, digital player interface and rear-camera functions. It is a big truck so it does use gas, but for us the ability to tow a heavy trailer and horses is a must. It is a big pickup with tons of style and power."
- 2011 Cadillac Escalade Owner
- 3rd - Best Luxury 3 Row SUVs (2018)
- 14th - Top SUVs with Third Row Seating (2016)
What's New For 2018?
The 2018 Cadillac Escalade received a new 10-speed automatic transmission as well as a few new interior and exterior color options. Minor design changes were made to the 2018 Cadillac Escalade's interior, and the adaptive cruise control feature was modified to resume and engage from a stop, and allows you to switch to regular cruise control.
The Bottom Line
For those who demand only the best, the Cadillac Escalade delivers. If you want a stylish SUV that offers so many luxury features and options, the Cadillac Escalade is certainly an excellent option to consider.
1Based on CarMax average prices between April 1, 2018 and September 30, 2018. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Reviews have been edited for brevity, clarity, and grammar.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.