A spacious SUV with the power to match.
For many drivers, a midsize SUV offers an ideal balance between nimble agility and plenty of interior space. For years, the Ford Edge has remained a popular choice in its class. To learn more about the second-generation of this vehicle, check out our Ford Edge review.
Key Specs and Features
- The second-generation Ford Edge produces between 180-210 hp depending on the engine option and trim level that you select.
- The second-generation Ford Edge offers a total of 73.4 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down.
- The 2017 Ford Edge gets an estimated 24 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with the four-cylinder engine option and an automatic transmission.1
- Upper trims of the 2016-2017 Ford Edge come equipped with Ford's popular SYNC® 3 infotainment system.
- The 2018 Ford Edge comes equipped with a backup camera on all trims.
- The 2018 Ford Edge offers available features such as Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, a power liftgate, a rear seat entertainment system, and much more.
- 7th - Best Midsize SUVs (2019)
- 4th - Best Crossover SUVs (2018)
- 9th - Best Compact SUVs under $20,000 (2018)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Powerful Engine Options
The 2017 Ford Edge can be equipped with three different engine options. If you choose the most powerful of these options - the 2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine - you can look forward to an exhilarating 315 horsepower.
2. A Sleek Design
The exterior and interior design of the Ford Edge combine to make for a very attractive vehicle. You will enjoy wide mesh grille and deep side skirts in its front and rear styling. If you're looking for an SUV with sleek and appealing aesthetics, the Ford Edge delivers.
3. Plenty of Exciting Features
The Ford Edge doesn't skimp on tech and offers a wide range of useful features depending on the year model and trim level you choose such as a power liftgate, a rear entertainment system, heated seats, a premium leather-wrapped steering wheel, and much more.
4. Great Cargo Space
Offering a total of 73.4 cubic feet of cargo space, the second-generation Ford Edge has more than enough space to accommodate any luggage-packed road trip or shopping spree.
5. Smooth Handling
The Ford Edge offers smooth, responsive handling and a quiet ride, making it an enjoyable vehicle to drive for extended periods of time.
What You Need to Know
Ford Edge Average CarMax Prices2
- 2014-2017: Average price less than $23,000.
- 2018: Average price less than $28,500.
2017 Ford Edge Models & Trim Levels
The 2017 Ford Edge comes available in four different trim levels. These trim levels are the:
- SE - The base trim of the 2017 Ford Edge, the SE trim features a cloth interior, a 2.0L EcoBoost engine, LED taillamps, and more!
- SEL - The SEL trim of the 2017 Ford Edge features everything found on SE trim as well as an optional 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine, a 10-way power driver's seat, dual-zone climate control, and more!
- Titanium - The Titanium trim of the 2017 Ford Edge features everything found on SEL trim as well as a 12-speaker Sony® audio system, ambient lighting, a hands-free power liftgate, and more!
- Sport - The Sport trim of the 2017 Ford Edge features everything found on Titanium trim as well as a 2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine, aluminum interior accents, leather seats with perforated suede cloth inserts, and more!
Ford Edge Interior and Exterior
Ford Edge Seating Capacity
The Ford Edge is a midsize SUV that is capable of seating up to five passengers.
Ford Edge Cargo Space
The second-generation Ford Edge offers a maximum of 73.4 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down.
Ford Edge Colors
The 2017 Ford Edge comes in ten color options. These color options include:
- Blue Jeans
- Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
- Canyon Ridge
- Ingot Silver
- Oxford White
- Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
- Shadow Black
- White Gold
- White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat
Ford Edge Engine & Transmission
The 2017 Ford Edge comes available with three different engine options - a 2.0L EcoBoost four-cylinder engine that produces 245 hp, a 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine that produces 280 hp, and a 2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine that produces 315 hp.
Years in Review
2013 Ford Edge - The 2013 Ford Edge was the first Ford Edge model to offer available AWD on the base trim. This vehicle also offers a premium interior, smooth handling, and a number of helpful tech features.
2014 Ford Edge - Marking the end of the Ford Edge's first generation, the 2014 Ford Edge was a well-reviewed vehicle when it was released that is still renowned for its smooth handling and premium interior.
2015 Ford Edge - The 2015 Ford Edge was the first vehicle in the Edge's current generation. The vehicle underwent a full redesign and comes with features such as a powerful new turbocharged four-cylinder EcoBoost engine and a rearview camera that is standard on all trims.
2016 Ford Edge - The 2016 Ford Edge saw no major changes from the 2015 model. However, the 2016 Ford Edge does come equipped with Ford's SYNC 3 infotainment system on upper trims.
2017 Ford Edge - The Ford Edge underwent no changes from the 2016 model and still features everything customers love about this vehicle.
2018 Ford Edge - No major changes were made to the Ford Edge for the 2018 year model. However, the 2018 Ford Edge is renowned for its spacious cabin, powerful engine options, and useful tech features.
If you are in the market for a great midsize SUV, the Ford Edge is an excellent option to consider. Offering exceptional cargo space, plenty of power, and a stylish interior that is chock-full of technology, there's a lot to like about this popular SUV.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2 Based on CarMax average prices between August 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.