A stylish and exciting midsize sedan!
The Honda Accord has long been a popular choice in the midsize sedan segment and the 2019 model—part of the 10th generation introduced in 2018—keeps the Accord at the front of the pack. If you're looking for an exciting and stylish executive/business sedan for your commute to the office, or need a stylish way to transport your family, the 2019 Honda Accord is a great choice.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2019 Honda Accord review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2019 Honda Accord comes standard with a 1.5L turbo four-cylinder engine, producing 192 hp and 192 lb.-ft. of torque. Optional on the Sport, Touring, and EX-L trims is a 2.0L turbo four-cylinder powerplant, upping the output to 252 hp and 273 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Additionally, the 2019 Honda Accord also includes a hybrid engine in the lineup: a 2.0L four-cylinder engine with a permanent-magnet electric motor, making for a combined system output of 212 hp. Additionally, three driving modes are available: ECON, Sport, and EV.
- Complementing these engines are a variety of transmission choices. As standard, the 2019 Honda Accord mates the 1.5L engine with an automatic continuously-variable (CVT) transmission. For the 2.0L engine, this comes with a ten-speed automatic transmission by default, with the option of a six-speed manual transmission at no extra cost. The 2.0L hybrid power unit comes with an E-CVT transmission as standard.
- The 2019 Honda Accord includes the Honda Sensing® system suite of driver-assistance features as standard, including adaptive cruise control, lane assist, Road Departure Mitigation System, and Collision Mitigation Braking System™.
5 Reasons To Buy
1. Plenty of Tech As Standard
The 2019 Honda Accord is jam-packed with tech and driver-assistance features, even at the base LX model—so much that you'll be spoiled for choice! On the base LX trim alone you get the Honda Sensing® system, along with Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® Audio, auto high-beam and LED low-beam lights, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a multi-angle rearview camera. Additionally, all trims above the LX have Android Auto™, and Apple CarPlay® as standard.
With five separate trim levels all brimming with technology, there is a 2019 Honda Accord to suit your tastes while keeping you comfortable and entertained.
2. An Engine for Everyone
No matter your driving style, there's an engine for you in the 2019 Accord. The standard 1.5L turbo four-cylinder engine is good for an EPA-estimated 33 mpg combined with an impressive EPA-estimated 38 mpg on the highway.1 Even the sporty 2.0L turbo four-cylinder powerplant is good for an EPA-estimated 26 mpg combined.1
3. Satisfying Driving Experience
With so much technology onboard and a range of engines, the 2019 Honda Accord can also provide a very enjoyable and satisfying driving experience. The range of engines means there is one for whatever driving you wish to do, paddle shifters come standard on the Sport trim as well as automatic transmission; a six-speed manual transmission is also available on the Sport trim. Additionally, the top-of-the-range Touring model includes adaptive damper systems on the suspension for a smooth ride, as well as a selection of adjustable driving modes and a heads-up display. When it comes to comfort and driving pleasure, the 2019 Honda Accord has you covered.
4. Cabin and Luggage Capacity
The 2019 Accord also has plenty of capacity for people and luggage. The standard and hybrid models pack a vast 106 cubic-ft. of passenger volume in the cabin, with the Sport and Touring models slightly less at 103 cubic-ft. of passenger volume. All 2019 Honda Accord models include a nicely spacious 17 cubic-ft. of luggage volume thanks to a capacious trunk.
5. Stylish Exterior
To cap everything off, the 2019 Honda Accord is packaged in a sleek and stylish exterior. The body lines and fastback shape give a bold, imposing stance to the car, adding real presence and character. And, like the interior, the exterior has plenty of features available, including chrome exhaust finishers standard on the Sport models. You won't mistake this for any other car on the road.
What You Need to Know
2019 Honda Accord Trim Levels
The 2019 Honda Accord is available in six trim levels: LX, Hybrid, Sport, EX, EX-L, and Touring.
- 1.5L turbo four-cylinder engine
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Honda Sensing System suite of driver-assistance technologies
- LED front and rear lights
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Seven-inch LCD color display
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink Audio and USB audio interface
- All the LX features come as standard
- 2.0L four-cylinder hybrid engine
- E-CVT transmission with Sport Mode
- Remote engine start
- Deceleration sensors
- Choice of 1.5L or 2.0L turbo four-cylinder engines
- Six-speed manual transmission (10-speed automatic transmission optional on the 2.0L four-cylinder engine)
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Eight-inch touchscreen display
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Sport pedals and rear spoiler
- Chrome exhaust finishers
- Choice of 1.5L turbo or 2.0L hybrid four-cylinder engines
- Heated front seats with 12-way power driver seat
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Blind-spot monitor and cross-traffic monitor
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- 60/40 split-folding rear seats
- One-touch power sunroof
- A choice between any of all three engines; 1.5L turbo, 2.0L turbo, and 2.0L hybrid
- Leather upholstery
- HomeLink® remote system
- Power-adjustable front passenger seat and memory driver seat
- 10-speaker premium sound system
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Choice of 2.0L turbo or 2.0L hybrid engines
- Wireless phone charger and Mobile Hotspot capability
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- LED Auto On/Off Headlights
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Side mirrors with Reverse Gear Tilt-Down functionality
- Interior ambient lighting
- Heads-up display
- HondaLink® subscription services
2019 Honda Accord Available Colors
The 2019 Honda Accord is available in the following colors:
- Champagne Frost Pearl
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Obsidian Blue Pearl
- Platinum White Pearl
- Radiant Red Metallic
- San Marino Red
- Still Night Pearl
The midsize sedan segment is full of options, including a few in Honda's own lineup. Let's take a quick look at some models comparable to the 2019 Honda Accord:
The Insight is Honda's leading hybrid-engined midsize car, offering up an appealing combination of hybrid power and similar levels of comfort, driving satisfaction, and tech features to its stablemate the Accord. The 2019 model can achieve up to an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined from its 1.5L four-cylinder hybrid engine. on the base LX model, giving it a slight edge over the Accord's hybrid powerplant.1
Want something a little smaller than the Accord with a variety of trim levels and performance options? The Accord's long-time stablemate the Civic is one to consider. With the 2019 model offering similar 1.5L and 2.0L turbo four-cylinder engines as the Accord, the top-level Type-R model includes a 2.0L turbo four-cylinder engine capable of a manufacturer-quoted 306 hp when new. Nine trim levels and an impressive 26 cubic-ft. of luggage volume means the Civic is a strong contender if you're looking for a practical family vehicle.
The Camry has been around for a while now and, like the Accord, has evolved over time. The 2019 model has beefy 2.5L four-cylinder and 3.5L V6 engines available and packs a healthy amount of tech features as standard. It's one of the larger midsize sedans on the market and has 15.1 cubic-ft. of trunk space, or you can put the 60/40 split-folding seats down to make extra space for golf clubs or luggage.
The Bottom Line
The 2019 Honda Accord is, quite simply, a superb all-round midsize car capable of performing many different roles. Want a bold, stylish sedan that gives you a potent driving experience, a comfortable and spacious interior, and is also brimming with technology? The 2019 Honda Accord offers all of that in one very appealing package.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.