Looking for superb performance from a roomy SUV?
If you are looking for a smooth-riding midsize SUV that offers plenty of storage space while still sporting a classy design, the Honda Pilot is an excellent vehicle to consider. Ideal for both families and road trips alike, there's certainly a lot to appreciate about the Honda Pilot. To learn more about this SUV’s great features, check out our Honda Pilot review.
Reasons to Buy
A Roomy Interior
The interior of the 2018 Honda Pilot really stands out and is the first thing you’ll notice about this vehicle. The 2018 Honda Pilot can seat seven to eight people depending on the trim you select and features adult-friendly third-row seating that is roomy enough for a comfortable ride if you are traveling in a large group.
Five Different Trim Options
If you choose to a 2016-2018 Honda Pilot, you'll have nice selection of trim options, including the LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite trims. Whatever you are looking for in terms of technology, interior, and more, you should have no problem finding a trim on the Honda Pilot that meets your needs. The Elite trim of the 2016-2018 Honda Pilot features a panoramic roof, remote keyless entry, collision mitigation, adaptive cruise control, and much more.
Sedan-Like Performance in an SUV
One of the most-praised aspects of the 2018 Honda Pilot SUV is its performance on the road. The 2018 Honda Pilot's 280-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 engine puts out enough power to make for an SUV that accelerates as well as many sedans. You’ll enjoy its smooth handling and how easy it is to drive. For those who want an SUV that offers plenty of cargo and passenger space without sacrificing performance, the Honda Pilot delivers.
Optional All-Wheel Drive
Each trim of the 2016-2018 Honda Pilot comes in both front-wheel drive (FWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) models. If you plan on driving in slippery conditions, having an AWD vehicle can boost your confidence on the road. You can select the trim that is right for you and still have the option to purchase an AWD vehicle no matter what trim you select.
What You Need to Know
Used Honda Pilot CarMax Average Price1
- 2014-2016: Average price less than $27,500.
- 2017-2018: Average prices less than $37,000.
2018 Honda Pilot Trim Levels
- LX - The LX trim may be the base level trim of the Honda Pilot, but it still offers plenty of great features such as remote keyless entry, two 1st row LCD monitors, a multi-angle rearview camera, and brake assist. Read more about the LX trim.
- EX - In addition to all of the features found on the LX trim, the EX trim also offers Honda LaneWatch™, remote engine start, a display audio touch screen, and tri-zone automatic climate controls. Read more about the EX trim.
- EX-L - In addition to all of the features found on the EX trim, the EX-L trim also offers leather-trimmed seats, one-touch 2nd row seats, available rear entertainment system, and available Honda Sensing®. Read more about the EX-L trim.
- Touring - In addition to all of the features found on the EX-L trim, the Touring trim also offers a 9-speed automatic transmission, Honda satellite-linked navigation, 20-inch alloy wheels, and Honda Sensing®. Read more about the Touring trim.
- Elite - In addition to all of the features found on the Touring trim, the Elite trim also offers a panoramic roof, heated 2nd row captain's chairs, a blind spot information system, and LED headlights with auto on/off. Read more about the Elite trim.
Honda Pilot Interior and Exterior
- Honda Pilot Seating Capacity - All trims and year models of the Honda Pilot seat eight people except for the Elite trim, which offers 2nd row captain's chairs and seats seven people.
- Honda Pilot Cargo Space - The 2018 Honda Pilot offers a maximum interior cargo volume of 83.9 cubic feet when the second and third-row seats are folded down and 16.5 cubic feet with all seats up.
- Honda Pilot Colors - The 2018 Honda Pilot SUV comes in eight different color options, including Black Forest Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Deep Scarlet Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Obsidian Blue Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic, Steel Sapphire Metallic, and White Diamond Pearl.
Honda Pilot Customer Reviews - Overall Rating: 4.6 (429 Reviews)2
Pros: Ride and Handling, Interior Space, Cabin Noise
Cons: Fuel Economy, Cabin Noise, Technology & Entertainment
"Smooth ride, plenty of power, and great versatility with the folding third row. Seats my family of six comfortably even with one car seat. Love the DVD system for long trips as well as the GPS navigation. All-around wonderful vehicle.”
- 2012 Honda Pilot Owner (Chester, VA)
“We have room on a daily basis for the four of us, as well as a nice cargo area at the rear. The headroom is spacious, and when we have guests we can use the third row for two passengers. I expected better fuel economy, but it's better than what we had."
- 2014 Honda Pilot Owner (Rancho Mirage, CA)
"I love my Pilot! Even though it's a seven-passenger SUV, it rides just like a car. Very comfortable, very roomy even for those sitting in the back seats. All the dashboard instruments are very convenient for the driver and passenger."
- 2012 Honda Pilot (Frederick, MD)
Honda Pilot Rankings
- 6th - Best SUVs with 3 Rows (2018)
- 8th - Best Midsize SUVs (2018)
- 8th - Best Crossover SUVs (2018)
- 10th - Best Luxury SUVs (2018)
Click here for a full list of Honda Pilot rankings.
What's New for 2018?
The 2018 Honda Pilot is virtually identical to the 2017 model. The only change between the 2017 and 2018 Honda Pilot is that the 2018 model comes in a new color option - Deep Scarlet Pearl.
If you are looking for an SUV that offers plenty of cargo and passenger space without skimping on performance, the Honda Pilot is an excellent choice. This mid-size SUV is a great vehicle for families, road trips, and other applications where interior space comes in handy. Some of the best features of the Honda Pilot include its great acceleration and handling, its impressive interior space, and its sleek design. Overall, customers enjoy the Honda Pilot enough to rate it with a score of 4.6/5!
1 Based on CarMax average prices between April 1, 2018, and September 30, 2018. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees
2Reviews have been edited for brevity, clarity and grammar.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.