You don't have to choose between luxurious and sporty.
When you're in the market for a luxury sport sedan, there is no shortage of options available. However, when it comes to a luxury sport sedan with ample passenger space and an incredible overall driving experience, there aren't many that compare to the Infiniti Q50. Check out our Infiniti Q50 review to learn more:
- Reasons to Buy
- What You Need to Know
- Customer Reviews
- Chevrolet Equinox Ratings
- What's New for 2018?
- The Bottom Line
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Well-Appointed Base Trim
Even in its 2.0t Base trim, the Infiniti Q50 has a lot to offer. In its 2015 model year, for instance, this includes 17-inch alloy wheels, keyless ignition/entry, heated mirrors, automatic dual-zone climate control, a six-speaker sound system, satellite radio, and more.
2. Generous Features
There are plenty of cool features available across Infiniti Q50 trim levels. In the 2016 and 2017 model years, you’ll enjoy an advanced air filtration system (in 2.0t and 3.0t Premium trims), twin touchscreen displays (in the 2.0t base trim), a surround-view camera system with front and rear parking sensors (Hybrid Premium trim), and so much more.
3. Great Engine Options
The 2017 Infiniti Q50 offers three powerful engines, depending on the trim you choose. All are turbocharged and have an output of at least 200 horsepower.
4. Spacious and Comfortable Interior
This 5-passenger sedan offers comfortable seating for even taller passengers in the rear row of seats. This, combined with a low profile, wide seats, and easy-open doors, make this a spacious and roomy interior for front- and back-seat passengers of all sizes.
5. Fun Driving Experience
The Infiniti Q50 is just plain fun to drive. It offers smooth and sharp handling, strong acceleration, and precise steering for even the most discerning of drivers.
What You Need to Know
Infiniti Q50 Average CarMax Price1
- 2014-2016: Average prices less than $23,500.
- 2017-2018: Average prices less than $28,500.
- Pricing data is based on cars sold from 3/1/2018 - 8/31/2018
Infiniti Q50 Trims
As far as Infiniti Q50 trims, the 2017 Q50 is available in seven different options:
- 2.0t Base - This base trim includes 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, a rearview camera, and twin touchscreen displays.
- 2.0t Premium - The 2.0t Premium trim includes a premium 16-speaker sound system, a sunroof, and an advanced air filtration system for better cabin air quality.
- 2.0t Sport - The 2.0 Sport trim adds larger 19-inch wheels, an upgraded suspension and braking, leather upholstery, memory functions for the driver seat, and paddle shifters on the steering column.
- 3.0t Premium - The 3.0t Premium trim is similar to the 2.0t Premium trim, but boasts a more powerful turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine.
- 3.0t Sport - The 3.0 Sport trim offers the same engine as the 3.0t Premium trim, along with the features of the 2.0t Sport and an additional adaptive suspension.
- Red Sport 400 - The Red Sport 400 trim also features an upgraded adaptive suspension with stylish red brake calipers and wider rear tires.
- Hybrid Premium - The Hybrid Premium trim features a 3.5-liter V6 engine paired with a 50-kilowatt electric engine. It also boasts features like an adaptive steering system, sport-tuned suspension, Infiniti Q50 remote start, 19-inch wheels, surround-view camera, and automatic braking.
Infiniti Q50 Interior
In terms of cargo space, the 2017 Infiniti Q50 offers 13.2 cubic feet of trunk storage in most trim levels. The Hybrid Premium trim, however, reduces trunk space to 9.4 cubic feet due to placement of its battery. The cabin itself offers plenty of space for even taller passengers thanks to its wide seats.
Infiniti Q50 Colors
The 2017 Infiniti Q50 is available in 10 different exterior color options:
- Black Obsidian
- Chestnut Bronze
- Dynamic Sunstone Red
- Graphite Shadow
- Hagane Blue
- Iridium Blue
- Liquid Platinum
- Majestic White
- Midnight Black
- Pure White
Infiniti Q50 Engine & Transmission
There are three different engines available on the 2017 Infiniti Q50. All the 2.0-level trims are equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine at 208 horsepower. The 3.0-level trims and the Red Sport 400 come instead with a turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 engine at 300 horsepower. The Hybrid Premium trim is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 and 50-kilowatt electric engine for a combined output of 360 horsepower.
Customer Reviews - Overall Rating: 4.7 (22 Reviews)2
- Pros: Power, Ride and Handling, Fuel Economy
- Cons: Cost to Maintain, Interior Space
"This is the first car I’ve owned that I’ve ever felt like I’d buy another one when it’s time for a newer car! It’s a comfortable car (front and back seats) and it has all the bells and whistles. It’s just classy."
- 2015 Infiniti Q50 Owner (Des Moines, IA)
"My Infiniti Q50 is an all-around great car. The price is reasonable considering the options and quality of this vehicle. The competition has no answer for this vehicle with horsepower or performance. I would recommend this car!"
- 2015 Infiniti Q50 Owner (Houston, TX)
Infiniti Q50 Rankings
- 5th - Best Luxury Cars (2018)
- 2nd - Best Cars for the Money: $20,000-$25,000 (2018)
What's New for 2018?
Not too much has changed between the 2017 Infiniti Q50 and the 2018 Infiniti Q50. The has been a slight change in trim options. In addition to the 2.0t, 3.0t, Red Sport 400, and Hybrid trims on the 2017 model, there are now three sub-trims available: Luxe, Pure, and Sport in the 2018 model. On the exterior, the front and rear ends have also been slightly redesigned.
The Bottom Line
The Infiniti Q50 is a joy to drive and offers a little something for everyone. If you're in the market for a luxury sport sedan, consider treating yourself to this one. With all it has to offer, our customers rated the Infiniti Q50 with an overall score of 4.7/5!
1Based on CarMax average prices between March 1, 2018, and August 31, 2018. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Reviews have been edited for brevity, clarity, and grammar.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.