Get ready for the adventures ahead.
If you’re looking for a practical and budget-friendly pickup truck, the Nissan Frontier is a great choice. This midsize pickup truck offers plenty of options and nice features for its class. To learn more about this popular vehicle, check out our Nissan Frontier review.
- Reasons to Buy
- What You Need to Know
- Customer Reviews
- Nissan Frontier Ratings
- What's New for 2018?
- The Bottom Line
Reasons to Buy
1. A Variety of Options to Choose From
With the Nissan Frontier, you don't have to worry about being short on options. In addition to having numerous year models to choose from, you'll also be able to select from a variety of trims, King Cab and Crew Cab models, and two different engine options - a 4.0L V6 engine that puts out 261 hp and a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that puts out 152 hp.
2. A Comfortable Interior
Despite its smaller size, the Nissan Frontier still offers a roomy, comfortable interior. There's plenty of space for drivers and passengers. The Frontier is ready to haul your cargo wherever the road takes you.
3. A Wide Range of Available Accessories
The Nissan Frontier can be equipped with a wide range of available accessories including a hood deflector, fixed toolbox, a sliding bed divider, fixed bed extender, and more.
4. A Truck Ready for Hard Work
The Nissan Frontier is plenty classy enough for a night on the town, but it's also perfectly at home on a job site as well. Thanks its heavy-duty design, the Nissan Frontier doesn't shy away from hard work.
5. Useful Technology Features
The Nissan Frontier may be an ideal work truck, but it still comes with a number of useful technology features as well. With the 2017 Nissan Frontier, you'll get a standard 5-inch color display on the base trim, dual-zone automatic temperature control on the Pro-4X and SL trims, remote keyless entry on all trims, and more.
What You Need to Know
Nissan Frontier Average CarMax Prices1
- 2014-2016: Average prices less than $21,500.
- 2017: Average prices less than $23,500.
2017 Nissan Frontier Models & Trim Levels
The 2017 Nissan Frontier comes available in four different trim levels:
- S - The S trim is available only as a King Cab. This trim features a 4-speaker audio system, a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, a Bluetooth® hands-free phone system, and more.
- SV - The SV trim is available as both a King Cab and a Crew Cab. This trim features everything found on the S trim as well as a 4.0L V6 engine, remote keyless entry, a 6-speaker audio system, and more.
- Pro-4X - The Pro-4X trim of the 2017 Nissan Frontier is available as both a King Cab and a Crew Cab. This trim features everything found on the SV trim as well as skid plates and splash guards, fog lights, a factory-applied spray-on bedliner, PRO-4X Bilstein® shocks, and more.
- SL - The SL trim is the highest available trim of the 2017 Nissan Frontier and is available only as a Crew Cab. This trim features everything found on the Pro-4X trim as well as a roofrack with crossbars and step rails, heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and more.
Nissan Frontier Interior and Exterior
Nissan Frontier Seating Capacity
The 2017 Nissan Frontier King Cab is able to seat four passengers while the 2017 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab is able to seat five passengers.
Nissan Frontier Cargo Space
The 2017 Nissan Frontier King has a bed length of 73.3 inches, a bed width of 61.4 inches, and bed depth of 18.0 inches.
Nissan Frontier Colors
The 2017 Nissan Frontier comes in seven color options. These color options include:
- Arctic Blue Metallic
- Brilliant Silver
- Forged Copper
- Glacier White
- Gun Metallic
- Lava Red
- Magnetic Black
Nissan Frontier Engine & Transmission
The 2017 Nissan Frontier comes available with two engine options - a 4.0L V6 engine that puts out 261 hp and a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that puts out 152 hp. The 4-cylinder engine is paired with a 5-speed automatic transmission while the V6 engine can be paired with a 5-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual transmission.
Customer Reviews - Overall Rating: 4.4 (255 Reviews)2
- Pros: Ride and Handling, Cabin Noise, Power
- Cons: Fuel Economy, Tech and Entertainment, Braking
"Lots of power, easy on gas, and functional as a family vehicle too."
- 2016 Nissan Frontier Owner
"It’s the perfect size truck, smooth ride, and has the power you wouldn't expect to get from a truck. I highly recommend checking one out!"
- 2015 Nissan Frontier Owner
"The Frontier is my favorite. It drives great, handles my hauling tasks with ease, and is even a decent road trip vehicle."
- 2015 Nissan Frontier Owner
- 6th - Best Pickup Trucks (2018)
- 4th - Best Pickup Trucks under $25,000 (2018)
- 2nd - Best Small Trucks (2018)
What's New For 2018
The 2018 Nissan Frontier remains largely unchanged from the 2017 model. The S trim of the 2018 Nissan Frontier does add a few more standard features such as a backup camera. Nissan also added the Midnight Edition trim for the 2018 model.
The Bottom Line
If you are in the market for a pickup truck that is at home on a job site as well as a night out on the town then the Nissan Frontier is a great option. Thanks to the Nissan Frontier's impressive specs, CarMax customers have rated this truck an average of 4.4/5 stars!
1Based on CarMax average prices between March 1, 2018, and August 31, 2018. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2Reviews have been edited for brevity, clarity, and grammar.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.