A compact SUV with ample cargo space.
Ticking pretty much all the boxes for a spacious and convenient family-friendly vehicle, the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is a compact SUV that offers exciting features and performance. Completely redesigned, the 2019 model is equipped with an abundance of standard convenience and entertainment features with an interior that offers room for you and four others.
The 2019 RAV4 Hybrid is a great choice for anyone looking to drive a vehicle that can haul lots of cargo and move the family around town while presenting a great combination of comfort and function. This review of the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid will cover:
Key Specs and Features
- Powered by a 2.5L four-cylinder engine (across all trims), producing 176 hp. The hybrid version adds an electric motor that raises the output to a total of 219 hp.
- All 2019-model-year trims feature all-wheel drive.
- As per EPA estimates, the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid gets 41 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway with the 2.5L engine.1
- The 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid comes standard with a standalone navigation mirroring app.
- Front bucket seats are standard across all trims.
- Toyota's Entune™ infotainment system is also part of the standard equipment on the 2019 RAV4 Hybrid.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. COMFORTABLE AND ROOMY INTERIOR
Interior space is one of the most important things about SUVs. The 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid doesn't disappoint in this regard. With front legroom of 41 inches and rear legroom of 37.8 inches, it offers enough space to seat five adults comfortably. Features like the six-way driver seat adjustment, front bucket seats, and four-way passenger seat adjustment only add to the comfort and make the cabin that much more convenient.
As a family-friendly vehicle that is bound to be used for long-distance road trips, the 2019 RAV4 Hybrid offers a wide array of entertainment features to make those trips as comfortable and fun as possible. To that end, it comes standard with Toyota's Entune™ infotainment system, featuring a seven-inch touchscreen and built-in WiFi2, as well as Bluetooth® connectivity. You can use the system's display to control various vehicle functions, such as climate control or the radio. Apple CarPlay® is also standard on all trims.
3. AMPLE CARGO SPACE
In addition to interior room, cargo space is among the leading reasons why people decide to buy an SUV. The 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid has plenty to offer in this department, too. Interior cargo volume is rated at 37.6 cubic feet, which increases to 69.8 cubic feet when the back seat is folded. With this kind of cargo capacity, the RAV4 Hybrid is an awesome car for your grocery runs as well as road trips.
4. ABUNDANCE OF FEATURES
The list of standard features on the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is pretty long. For starters, it comes standard with a rearview camera, automatic emergency braking, lane-departure warning, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, and more. Remote keyless entry and power door locks are also standard. On top of that, all trims of the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid are equipped with front dual-zone air conditioning, a telescoping steering wheel, and automatic temperature control.
5. PLENTY OF OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM
While the standard equipment on the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is already hard to top, it also offers a lot of available options to choose from if you're looking to upgrade its level of performance or overall convenience. You can opt for an enhanced audio system by adding more speakers with increased power or select a multimedia package that features a larger touchscreen and additional features as compared to the standard infotainment system that comes with the base trim. For added convenience, a power liftgate and ventilated and heated front seats are also available.
What You Need to Know
2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Trim Configurations
- The 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid comes in four trim configurations:
- LE - This is the base trim of the 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, which comes standard with auto-locking doors, automatic temperature control, a USB port, cruise control, and remote keyless entry.
- XLE - This trim sports blind-spot sensors, front fog lights, and projector-beam LED low-/high-beam headlamps.
- XSE - The XSE trim includes several features that can not be found on the XLE and the LE trims, such as a security system, eight-way power driver seat adjustment, and three first-row LCD monitors.
- Limited - The Limited trim of the 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid comes with everything that the XSE trim has, in addition to a navigation system, video-feed rearview mirror, Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) front and rear parking sensors, as well as available heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, hands-free liftgate, and more.
2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Available Colors
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid comes in 13 different colors:
- Blizzard Pearl
- Blizzard Pearl with Midnight Black Metallic Roof
- Blueprint with Midnight Black Metallic Roof
- Blue Flame
- Lunar Rock
- Magnetic Gray Metallic
- Magnetic Gray Metallic with Midnight Black Metallic Roof
- Midnight Black Metallic
- Ruby Flare Pearl
- Silver Sky Metallic
- Silver Sky Metallic with Midnight Black Metallic Roof
- Super White
Featuring ample passenger space and high cargo capacity (maximum interior cargo volume of 75.8 cubic feet for the 2019 model year), the Honda CR-V is a compact SUV that can be a great choice for those looking for a family vehicle. The base trim of the 2019 Honda CR-V is powered by a 2.4L four-cylinder engine that generates 184 hp. All-wheel drive is optional, as are Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay. Standard equipment includes an infotainment system with a five-inch screen as well as Bluetooth® connectivity and a rearview camera, among others. LED daytime running lights also come standard.
Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid
If you're interested in a plug-in vehicle, the Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid is one of the best options out there. The 2019 Crosstrek Hybrid is powered by a 2.0L four-cylinder engine that is paired to two electric motors. It comes standard with an infotainment system featuring an eight-inch touchscreen, automatic climate control, and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. On top of that, it's equipped with aluminum wheels, a back-up camera, keyless start, satellite radio, blind-spot monitoring, and lane-departure warning. All-wheel drive is also standard on the entire 2019 model year lineup.
Another great plug-in option that's perfect as both a daily driver and an off-road vehicle is Toyota's Highlander Hybrid. With a maximum cargo volume of 83.7 cubic feet, the 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid offers ample room for your groceries, sporting equipment, or any other belongings you need to haul around town or on the occasional road trip. Standard features on the 2019 model year include Bluetooth connectivity, five USB ports, and an infotainment system with a 6.1-inch screen. The standard powertrain on all 2019 trims consists of a 3.5L V6 engine, combined with three electric motors. It can seat up to eight people thanks to the three-row configuration, which is standard for the 2019 model year.
The Bottom Line
The Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is a great family-friendly vehicle that offers plenty of cargo and interior space, as well as lots of tech features that make for a high level of comfort and convenience. As a compact SUV, it's designed to navigate crowded city streets and narrow parking spaces with ease, but also offers great performance that can make any long-distance trip or off-road adventure very enjoyable.
Looking to learn more about the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and similar SUVs? Check out these helpful articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Activation with subscription required.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.