2006 Chrysler PacificaGinaG523 - Suburban Chicago01/07/2011
I have had the Pacifica for almost 4 years now. I'll break it down:
1. I didn't want this car because it looked a little too much like a 'mom' car to me. Previously, I drove a Navigator (ick!) and a Jeep Cherokee Limited. My husband talked me into giving this a try and after test driving some others, this one surprised me!
2. We live in suburban Chicago and with the snowy winters, 4WD is a MUST. This handles beautifully.
3. The one I found had all the bells and whistles: sunroof, DVD system, 3rd row, seat heaters, memory seating...stuff I wasn't even looking for but now cannot live without!
4. We have taken 2 loooong roadtrips with this car: 20 hrs to Tampa and 10 hrs to Niagara Falls. Both trips were comfortable, smooth, easy on the kids with movies, plug in games, etc. and with the 3rd row down, we had plenty of room for our luggage, coolers, and other travel needs. The Pacifica performed beautifully through mountains, oceanside, bridges, EVERYWHERE!
5. Day to day driving is a breeze, and gas mileage is pretty good.
Now the downside:
Even after regular maintenance, the transmission blew in only 2 years. I had to have the whole thing rebuilt. I've never had to do that with any of the other cars I drove and I'm still thinking that it's a little bit strange. Maybe I got a lemon. But after talking with other Chrysler owners, I guess this is a common occurrence. So that's where my title of this review comes in....I really DO want it to be 5 stars. But an $1800 repair bill makes me hold back. Well, that and it's pretty annoying seeing hundreds of my car on the road every single day. I never even heard of Pacifica before I bought it and the minute I drove off the lot, it was all over the roads.
2005 Chrysler PacificaThe ONE - Woodbridge, VA06/08/2009
I looked around for a good car for a long time. at first glance I did not like the Pacifica at all. I took it on a test drive and checked the dafety ratings. I bought it. The wife really loves it.
A Smooth Comfortable Ride
2005 Chrysler PacificaGadget Guru - Callao, VA12/26/2007
It handles well no matter the road conditions, wet or dry. I never feel like I'm not in control of the vehicle. My passengers were comfortable and liked the controls for the seat and air flow for the 2nd row - even those in the 3rd row remarked on how comfortable the ride was!