Used 2012 Ford Edge for Sale
About the 2012 Ford Edge
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2012 Ford Edge. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2012 Ford Edge
I would purchase bigger truck
It's a great fir fort teenagers or s single female with one child... For a busy adult the vehicle is just too small. My knees at time hit the steering wheel.. Although I enjoy driving my sporty little ford, if I would have known then what I know now, I would have chosen comfort over style... I look good in it, but would love something larger. I am a woman on the go... Biking etc.... My ford just may not be able to handle my life style...
- Technology and Entertainment:
- Seat Comfort: Head rest too close on rear. I am 5'4" and have to sit the rear further back to feel comfortable
- Cargo Space: Drove with three children out of state. I was the driver... Too crowded in back seat. Children were ages 3, 7, and 8...no room to play.
- Ride and Handling: Compared to other trucks I have driven recently, does not drive as smooth. Highway driving is great. I really like the way it handles on the highway.
Best mid size SUV I have driven
It is the absolute perfect vehicle for my wife! She is 5' 2" and feels it fits her, and it adjusts to my large frame. Passing power with the 3.5 L is incredible! 65 -90 is a matter of what seems like 3 seconds; sets us back in the seats when she passes these big West TX trucks. Other day I had the first opportunity to open it up briefly, triple digits came on fast! It is reasonably quiet, very stable at speed and stops very well. All this and we have recently gotten a real world 26.4 Mpg @ 75 mph on resent trip with several hills in route.
- Ride and Handling: Smooth as butter on the highway.
- Power: The throttle response is really really good in the 3.5 L
- Fuel Economy: The surprise was that the EPA numbers are attainable
- Technology and Entertainment: The Sync system frustrations you hear about, believe them.
- Visibility: Rearward visibility is best with the rear center arm rest lowered to move the headrest out of the way.
Just didn't work out
Under the hood, this is a great vehicle. However, the Ford MyTouch system is not very good. It would freeze & shut down randomly. Syncing the Bluetooth was haphazard at times especially if I came in to the vehicle already on the phone. I knew going into this that some people had trouble with the MyTouch. I read that if you gave it time to start up when you turn on the ignition, this would help. I noticed that if I was in a hurry, the more the system acted up. So I intentionally slowed down to let the MyTouch system set up. When the system still locked randomly up or just shut off while giving it time, I was done. Thank God I could afford to get rid of the Edge. I purchased another Lexus.
- Fuel Economy: decent
- Value: fair price
- Seat Comfort: Nice
- Technology and Entertainment: See review
- Cabin Noise: louder than expected
- Cost to Maintain: Scared that the MyTouch will be too expensive later on
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.