Used 2012 Ford Escape for Sale
About the 2012 Ford Escape
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's independent crash tests help you make informed decisions about vehicle safety. NHTSA's 5-Star Safety Ratings give consumers insights into how vehicles perform in crash tests, with more stars equaling higher safety ratings. Here are the ratings for the 2012 Ford Escape. Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Visit nhtsa.gov/recalls to look up a specific vehicle.
Reviews for 2012 Ford Escape
It's the best of both worlds!
This is a great truck and I got a good deal at my CarMax. I really wanted a Jeep until I drove one and then I realized that I wanted something that looks like a Jeep but drives better. My Escape does just that! I do a lot of traveling and backpacking in the mountains and this truck handles the forest service roads just fine. Plenty of room in the back for backpacks and other camping equipment, passengers have enough leg room and the gas mileage is something I can brag about. 4x4's are nice but they get terrible gas mileage. My 2 wheel drive Escape gives me all the features I need on a day to day basis in the city plus all the giddy up and go I need on the weekends. It's the best of both worlds!
- Interior Space: Plenty of room!
- Fuel Economy: I'm averaging 25 mpg for city and hwy!
- Ride and Handling: I have taken her on some pretty bad forest service roads in the mountains; I have yet to get stuck or break anything!
- Technology and Entertainment: Some of the tech features are hard to figure out but I don't use a lot of them anyway.
2012 Escape - great vehicle for the money I paid
The Escape was recommended to me by my son-in-law who is a FORD mechanic. Said it was reliable, easy to drive (and it is) and gets good gas mileage. I have yet to take a road trip - but in town it's a dream...
- Interior Space: The size of the vehicle is just right for me !
- Fuel Economy: I get much better gas mileage with my Escape than previous vehicles
- Cabin Noise: The road noise is louder than I expected.
- Ride and Handling: The steering is more sensitive than I am accustomed to. The slightest movement of the steering wheel moves changes the direction I'm headed, thus I feel like I am weaving at times
After driving a full size van for 15 years, this is a dream! Handles great, plenty of room for 4, 5 is tight. Cargo area is good. A shovel fits sideways in the back. ( I garden a lot) I needed something that got at least 10 miles per gallon better than the van and this does. I have yet to get less than 25 MPG with a V-6. Sharp looking, everyone at work was really impressed with it. Does OK in the snow, although I think different tires would help. (it's not a 4X4). Very comfortable to drive and ride in. Rides better than the van according to my kids. It sits up off the ground so I don't feel like I'm having to climb out of it. But that does make it harder for my elderly parent to get into it. Fun to drive, and lots of passing power.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.