1. Excellent handling in rain.
2. Great room for family and pets.
3. Folding third row.
4. Many different audio options (FM, AM, CD, USB, Sirius)
5. When you back into your garage door because you forgot to open it, the car will not get damaged. Oops.
1. Not a lot of storage space between driver and passenger seats.
2. Too many features for kids to play with and ask about.
3. Windows roll all the way down in the back, resulting in children yelling out the window at their friends when leaving school.
4. Picks up speed too quickly on the highway.
5. Brakes too well.
This is literally a mini-mini-van. It's legally a station wagon but is set up like a mini-van. It is surprisingly versatile with the back seats folding all flat to make a large cargo space or up to hold 6 people very comfortably. We are surprised how much stuff fits in it and how much space we have. Lots of little features that I like such as a fold-out center console for the center seats. It is the very definition of "right sized" for our family.
The 2.3 liter engine - I think it's peppy. I also like the front seat comfort. It is a 2+2+2 seating arrangement. In my 2010 Mazda 5 cargo volume behind the third row (trunk) is very small but with third row seats folded down it expands to 44 cubic feet and 79 cubic feet with middle row folded down as well. I own a Santa Fe Sport. This Mazda 5 has slightly more room for cargo. We love the individual arm rests for the 4 seats in the front and middle rows. The rear seating is cramped and only small children would fit well. We use it as a very comfortable 4 passenger vehicle with very comfortable seating for all of us, not just the driver. The headroom in the middle accommodates my 6 foot 3 inch son just fine.
Shop for a Used 2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring at Nearby Locations