Used Mercury for Sale
Reviews for Mercury
Solid deal, great price, leaves little room for improvement.
I have the hybrid model. I got about 38mpg in winter, and I'm getting about 34mpg in summer. This car combines great gas mileage with some more luxurious features (ie. leather seats, navigation, satellite radio and a sun roof.) Some of the things that I think need improvement are the headrests. Many vehicles today pitch the headrest forward so you're sort of forced into a slouching position. The rear view mirror for my height seems too low. I feel like if it were higher, closer to the roof it would create less of an obstruction through the windshield. Also, I wish the sun visor move more smoothly and allowed more freedom of placement. It pretty much snaps into either of two positions (ie. closed or flush to the windshield.)
- Fuel Economy: Awesome gas mileage.
- Safety: Got great reviews in the crash test.
- Technology and Entertainment: Has all of the bells and whistles I wanted.
- Seat Comfort: The headrest pitches forward and is awful. I don't know why manufacturers do this, but lots do it.
- Ride and Handling: There is a little lag compared to non-hybrid, but I felt this handled better than the Prius in a test drive. Also, when driving approx. 150mi./wk. I only have to refuel about once every 3 weeks.
- Cabin Noise: I do experience some cabin noise, but I'm told that I have super sensitive hearing.
Great car very roomy
This is my third Grand Marquis. It is a great ride and very comfortable on a long trip. Gas mileage is great for a car this size. The trunk is huge compared many of the newer cars.
- Ride and Handling:
Sad to see her go!!!
I've owned my Grande Marquis for 10 years. The only reason I'm considering trading her in is because I've found a 2006 model with 9,000 miles. If you maintain this vehicle it will stay out of the shop. I replaced the battery at year 5, the tires at year 4, and three spark plug coils. With regular oil changes we avoid the mechanic pretty well. Not a fan of high riding SUVs, but I love a big low ride!! This car is an ideal vehicle. I will be trading mine in at 87,000 but I'm positive she has another 87,000 in her.
- Ride and Handling:
- Cost to Maintain:
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.