Used 2012 Nissan Pathfinder for Sale
2012 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition
$599 Shipping from CarMax Jackson (MS), MS
Reviews for 2012 Nissan Pathfinder
Wish I would have looked longer
The Nissan Pathfinder was our way of getting somewhere close to the luxury of the Armada (what we wanted) without the extra leg room or the higher price tag....we knew there would be trade-offs with not paying for the Armada, but it's just not worth what we got. One of my boys (10 yrs old) gets car sick every time he gets in the car. We paid to have a DVD system put into the vehicle which won't actually work the way it should. The USB port won't read the movies we have on it at all. I have tried to adjust myself in the front seat and bonked my head more times than I can count just trying to sit up. There is a severe tremble during idle when the A/C is running which drives my husband nutty.
- Power: We use premium gas, and the power behind the vehicle is wonderful compared to our 4 cylinder Escape
- Styling: Nice luxury style, leather seats, classy exterior
- Weather Versatility: I feel safer in this vehicle than most cars I've ridden in while driving in the rain. Driving in bad weather scares me, but I feel totally protected in this car.
- Interior Space: I have less leg room in this car than in my little Ford Escape when this is supposed to be much more spacious.
- Ride and Handling: The vehicle trembles during idle every few seconds. I hear this is common among Pathfinders
- Technology and Entertainment: We had a DVD system installed that doesn't work properly.
The right vehicle at the right price
Not too big (think Tahoe), not too small (think Escape).
- Power: Plenty of horsepower for passing, hill climbing, merging onto freeways
- Interior Space: Plenty of headroom, it being 4wd it's easy for us to get in and out of, three row seating, we wanted body on frame for towing, I could go on.
- Value: Best bang for the buck. A step up from the 2007 Xtera we traded in and we really liked that vehicle but the Pathfinder gives the added space we wanted. Our model is not the fully loaded model but we did not want to pay for the features. Hard to explain but this vehicle is perfect for us.
- Cabin Noise: Door panels, console, and dash are plastic so at 70 plus mph wind and road noise become noticeable and rough roads do cause some minor rattles.
- Fuel Economy: Vehicle weighs 5,000 lbs. powered by a 266 hp v6 and the pathfinder is shaped like a breadbox. We knew going in the gas mileage would not be a plus.
- Braking: The pathfinder is heavy so when traveling on hilly or mountainous roads or forced to make a sudden stop for a light the stopping distance at full braking effort seems excessive. More powerful brakes might help.
Perfect match with low mileage & a good price.
Great for hauling a lot of 'stuff' or people. Ride is smooth & handles nicely. I really loved the fact that it had a factory ball & hitch which came in handy when I had to haul a 6' X 10' trailer over 380 miles with both the Pathfinder & trailer loaded to the max. The engine handled the 'haul' perfectly.
- Ride and Handling: Good turn ratio & comfortable on uneven, bumpy roads
- Interior Space: Plenty of room for people or even better for available space with back seats down.
- Technology and Entertainment: Boise sound system. Navigation system & dash systems are top notch.
- Fuel Economy: Gas mileage is not that great - around 19mpg
- Seat Comfort: Would be really nice if the front seats had arms rests.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.