It a great car rides well and comfortable, great mpg, I been averaging 40 to 48mpg city and highway both, cheap fill up and grabs lot attention, it 100% better than smart car and this car can zoom in and out of traffic in a heartbeat.
I had a 2009 Smart FORTWO prior to the IQ. Believe it or not but I loved my Smart & only traded it in because the IQ seemed a bit more practical with the "3+1" seating. It's a Toyota as well (need I say more). I purchased this car in Auguts'16 and I have loved it ever since. I still have that "New Car" fever. It's comfortable to ride in, zippy, sporty looking, and with the Bluetooth connectivity and Eco mode it's a joy to travel in. Perfect city car and everyday car in my opinion.
Adorable and reliable but definitely not a luxury car
2012 Scion iQBetsy - San Antonio, TX09/04/2014
1. Scion uses a proprietary oil filter that requires a special tool. Pretty much means you have to take the car to the dealership for every service.
2. Synthetic oil changes are more expensive.
3. The tiny tires on the iQ are ridiculously expensive and even the dealership has to order them overnight!
4. Feels like an economy car. Dashboard features are jumbled together, only one cupholder in the front, stereo not as nice as the xD, interior light is useless, "glove box" is a cheap plastic tray under the passenger seat.
5. Smaller engine feels...well, small. Car struggles to accelerate, especially on freeway ramps.
All of this aside, I do love my little car. It's adorable and OH MY GOD I can park it ANYWHERE. I love that.
Are you on the hunt for a budget-friendly ride? This list of best ranked cars under 10K was compiled based on CarMax average prices and sales data from November 1, 2017, through April 30, 2018. Check out interior and exterior images of a variety of vehicles to suit your needs.
This sports car buying guide has 18 different sports cars for shoppers who want a little more driving excitement in their lives. There’s something for everyone here, from zippy four-cylinder convertibles to monstrous, 500-horsepower-plus sports cars that really push you back in their driver’s seats!