If I could have created the specs for my dream car, it would have turned out to be the Scion XB! I love my 2006 XB. Reasons:
1. It's funky cool look. I'm a graphic designer so I like distinctive design. It's super easy to find in a parking lot too!
2. Gas mileage: Zowie! I can get 39mpg in town and 40mpg highway. True I'm a careful driver, I don't often slam on the brakes or do the speedy take off thing. The car I had before this was a Taraus SHO, you know monstrous V8 engine...I kept think that the gas gauge on my XB was broken. It sips gas! What a wonderful thing with the price of gas these days!
3. Handling. The turning radius is so tight I can get in and out of any space with the greatest of ease! I love it!
4. Size-Inside and Out! I tell people that its like one of those amazing cars in the circus. Small on the outside but capable of holding thousands of clowns! LOL Really though the space inside is voluminous!!! It's easy to get in and out of and I find the seats very comfortable...not in the mooshy luxury car way...but nice and back supporting firm-ish.
5. Over all FUN and Appeal: My tall friends love it, my old friends, my young friends, my handicapped friends, and all my friends love it! It is SO fun to drive and watch people point at you and smile or give you the "thumbs up" sign! ha!
You should definitely try it....you'll love it too! (oh...ps. you can feel the wind on a VERY windy day...but it is insignificant IMHO)
Get a Clue
2006 Scion xBMikey - Sacramento, CA01/27/2009
Some may think it ugly but hey, you spend 95% of your time inside looking out at the other ugly cars. Can you spell f-u-n-c-t-i-o-n-a-l?
It gets great gas mileage, has enough room for a 6 footer in the front and a 6 footer in the back with legs crossed, has a super consumer rating, Toyota reliability, easy to park and it's fun to drive.
This is a little car on the outside but a big car on the inside that gets pretty good gas mileage (25mpg) and has decent low speed acceleration.. I am pretty big myself and fit easily inside the car, front and back. The extra large doors also make it easy to get in and out. There is also a tremendous amount of head room in the car. It reminds me of the kind of head room in my brothers full size pickup. With the back seats down, you have a huge cargo box. You can get an object 57" long from the door to the back of the drivers seat. If you don't have a passenger, you can move the passenger seat up a few inches. This is the second xB I have owned. It is a very practical car.
Are you on the hunt for a budget-friendly ride? This list of best ranked cars under 10K was compiled based on CarMax average prices and sales data from November 1, 2017, through April 30, 2018. Check out interior and exterior images of a variety of vehicles to suit your needs.
This sports car buying guide has 18 different sports cars for shoppers who want a little more driving excitement in their lives. There’s something for everyone here, from zippy four-cylinder convertibles to monstrous, 500-horsepower-plus sports cars that really push you back in their driver’s seats!