Location: CarMax Laurel in Laurel, Maryland 20723
Description: Used 2010 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited for sale - $15,899, 82,111 miles with Full Roof Rack, 4WD/AWD, Leather Seats, Sunroof(s), Harman Kardon Sound, Rear View Camera
Interior Color: Black
Average Vehicle Review: (4.688 reviews)
We bought the 2010 Outback 3.6 Limited because it fits the following criteria:
1. Quiet: the 3.6 engine is very quiet, compare to our old Accord V6 and a Mitsubishi I4. The sound insulation is excellent, even better than a Lexus RX400h we test drove for a few days.
2. 4WD: Subaru has a good reputation for the 4WD system. We want to use it in the mountain travel, so it is a must. Combining with 8+ inches of clearance, it is very capable.
3. Good gas mileage: I got 22/30 mpg (city/high way) over 2000+ miles of driving. However, I am a conservative driver.
4. Space: The interior is very spacious to say the least. Comfortable for 4 full-size adult to travel hundreds of miles at a time. The trunk is a good size too. The factory crossbar is handy for adding a roof box.
5. Sound system: The factory Harmon Kardon speaker system sounds very nice once dialed in, especially with the USB input and CD/DVD. The satellite radio and FM/AM radio have a little hissing sound, but they are radios!
I added a factory rear bumper-top protector to the car. It is a perfect fit.
Things that may need improvement:
1. Many reviews have pointed out that the navigation/entertainment system control is not easy to use, I can attest to that. It is not very intuitive and confusing at times. For example, the setup for the navigation and the sound systems are in two discreetly separate locations. But to be fair, no factory navigation system can touch Google map, and you don't have to know every function, do you?
2. Because of the ground clearance, the shape of the hood, and the design of the steering, it felt a little disconnected to the road. It is not as precise as the Mitsubishi RalliArt Sportback I owned.
3. The engine and transmission, although very quiet, is not very responsive. The throttle response is just not as agile as my other car. Although the 3.6 engine is quick in highway passing situations.
4. I would love to have an automatic tailgate, but it is a minor thing.
Overall, it is a great car for traveling the distances. We are satisfied.