2012 Toyota CorollaMarian - Louisville, KY03/29/2015
While I would love to have a sportier, fancier car, I can't afford one. My Corolla is practical...looks good, drives smoothly, gets good gas mileage, is the right size for my needs. If I can avoid any crashes, I hope this car will last as long as I need a car...and that's what I was looking for.
Paid a little too much
2009 Toyota CorollaSuzanne Berthelot - Plano, TX08/13/2016
Very dependable, looks newer than its age. Sitting in the passenger's seat of my friend's Ford , I am so glad I chose the Corolla - the 4 door small sedan he had already sounds "ragged out" - it's a year older, but only has 6K more miles than mine. I wish I would have looked a little closer - no cruise control. And the alternator went out only a month after driving it. Other than that, no complaints.
Decent for a cheap car I guess
2016 Toyota CorollaMaggie H - Chicago, IL04/11/2017
I have this car for a long term rental due to my car being stolen and things being tied up with insurance related to that. I cannot wait to give it back and get something else.
- Pretty cool perks for being such a cheap car, it has bluetooth, a screen for media, a back up camera/sensors, etc.
- Reliable. Has yet to leave me stranded somewhere.
- I average about 26mpg. My Honda CR-V was a bigger car and had 4WD, and it got about the same gas mileage.
- Road noise. You can expect to have to shout to your passengers.
- Instability/non-responsive drive. If you live some place windy this gets annoying and feels unsafe.
- Uncomfortable front seats, very small and uncomfortable backseat. My kids and coworkers both hate it.
Known for their space-saving design and easy maneuverability, small and compact cars are a great choice for your next used vehicle. Shop our best-sellers, based on CarMax sales data from January 1, 2018, through April 30, 2018.
Despite their smaller size, these compact cars pack lots of power and plenty of enjoyable features for drivers and passengers alike. Check out this list of our best ranked small and compact cars, based on CarMax sales data from January 1 through April 30.
Want to spend more time enjoying the open road and less time filling up at the pump? These best hybrid cars of 2018 have you covered. Check out our rankings for best hybrid cars based on CarMax vehicle and sales data.