2010 Toyota PriusRick Kosinski - Chicago, IL10/31/2015
Anyone who enjoys commuting in comfort for a very reasonable price should seriously consider a Prius IV, heated leather seats, JBL sound system with audio port for MP3, AND a CD player, thermostatic temperture control, very low fuel consumption, need I say more?
2010 Toyota Prius II
2010 Toyota Priustheeduc8tor - Washington, D.C.10/04/2011
The Toyota Prius is a commuter's car that is intended for city use, especially in large metropolitan areas where you are constantly sitting in heavy traffic. Each day, I commute 20 miles to and from work. Since purchasing the Prius, with steady and careful driving as recommended by the car's hybrid system, I am able to achieve 56MPG average. The Toyota Prius isn't a car for everyone, but should be considered by anyone that is concerned about fuel consumption and carbon footprints.
P.S. Purchased a chest of drawers at a contemporary furniture store and didn't want to incur delivery charges. I folded the back seats, slid the large dresser in through the hatch and closed the tailgate. I have just as much cargo space as I did in my former SUV.
Other side of the story
2010 Toyota PriusDoofus - Utah09/21/2010
- I really truly do get at least 50 mpg in combined city/highway driving. In nearly 3500 miles, I have put gas in my Prius only six times.
- I like the idea that I'm "making a statement" by driving a Prius.
- As with it's other models, Toyota continues it's practice of oddball option requirements. Example: I wanted a sunroof but couldn't get one without a nav system. Huh?
- Toyota also has some weird design ideas. My Prius is red with beige/grey interior and black floor mats. Black floor mats in a very light color interior? What were they thinking?
- The visibility out the rear split window is so poor that I consider it dangerous. A back up camera should be standard equipment.
-The center console and shift knob introduced in the 2010 model year is ugly and eats up valuable interior space.
- The support provided by the seats is inadequate. It's fine for daily commuting/around town driving but out of the question for a long trip.
- The car is a technological wonder. The "wow" factor is over the top. However if you are at all into the "driving experience" you should think twice. This is absolutely the most boring car to drive that I've ever owned.