An optional MaxCare extended service plan is a great way to protect your car far beyond the CarMax Limited Warranty.
Plans cover all parts of a vehicle except the named exclusions.
Flexible options let you choose the deductible and mileage that's right for you.
Low deductibles make it easy to budget for future repair bills.
Upfront and Fair
Your deductible is per visit, not per repair.
- Nationwide Protection — You're covered no matter where you are in the United States or Canada.
- Rental Reimbursement — When your vehicle is inoperable or unsafe to drive and kept overnight for covered repairs, we'll reimburse your rental expenses from a licensed rental agency up to $40 per day for 7 days.
- Towing — If towing is required due to a covered failure, reimbursement up to $100 is provided.
- Toll-Free Assistance — Call the MaxCare toll-free number and you'll be directed to the nearest authorized repair facility.
- Direct Payment — MaxCare can pay the participating service center directly.
- Affordable now and later — You can purchase MaxCare upfront or include the cost in your monthly car payment.
- Available on all CarMax used cars — MaxCare benefits all customers, whether your car is still under factory warranty or not.
- CarMax accessories coverage — Accessories purchased when you buy your car are fully covered.
- If you sell your car, the coverage is transferable (Some restrictions apply. Please see extended service plan's written policy.)
What MaxCare covers
MaxCare provides comprehensive mechanical protection. This illustration shows a category list of parts and systems covered in the comprehensive MaxCare plan. Except for the named exclusions, you can rest assured your car is covered.
3 Cooling System
4 Front Suspension
7 Front Wheel Drive
8 Electrical Systems
9 Assemblies & Controls
11 Air Conditioning
13 Rear Wheel Drive
What MaxCare doesn't cover
The following are not covered under your MaxCare Service Contract:
Please review your MaxCare Service Contract for a complete list of exclusions.
MaxCare extended service plans are administered by The Warranty Group® and CNA National Warranty Corporation®. CarMax is not a party to MaxCare extended service plans.
- The maintenance services and parts described under maintenance requirements as shown in the manufacturer's maintenance schedule for your vehicle. If you do not receive an owner's manual at the time of purchase, it is your responsibility to obtain a manual and follow its guidelines. See your selling location to learn how to obtain an owner's manual for your vehicle.
- Other normal Maintenance services and Parts including engine tune-up (includes spark plugs, glow plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor), batteries, filters, lubricants or fluids, air conditioning refrigerant, engine coolant, all hoses and belts (except for the following: engine timing belt and oil cooler hoses, transmission cooler hoses, power steering pressure and return hoses, air conditioning high/low pressure hoses), wiper blades, brake pads and shoes, brake rotors and drums, suspension alignment, tires, wheel covers, wheel rims, wheels, wheel balancing, shock absorbers, exhaust system, catalytic converter, friction clutch disc and pressure plate, and clutch throw out bearing.
- Glass, glass framework, fastening adhesives, sealed beam head lamps, light bulbs, lenses, trim, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, vinyl and convertible tops, paint, sheet metal, bumpers, alignment of body parts, flexible body parts, door panels, body panels, structural framework, structural welds, chassis frame and removable hardtop assemblies.
- Repairs made solely to meet or maintain any governmental emission standards.
- Aftermarket accessories or equipment installed after vehicle purchase date. These include but are not limited to: anti-theft systems, radar detectors, CB radios, audio/visual equipment, cruise control, sun roof, solar powered devices, telephones, lift kits, TV/VCR/DVD and related components and appliances.