Customer Review Summary for 2007 Chevrolet Equinox
2007 Chevy Equinox LT1 FWD
2007 Chevrolet EquinoxLeonidas - North Carolina01/07/2009
Overall, a very impressive and ecomonical midsize SUV that looks great, is very comfortable and appears solidly built.
- 5 Speed Automatic. Makes the Equinox feel more powerful than it really is. This is for me, an outstanding feature for this vehicle.
- Smooth engine with an awesome exhaust note from the 3.4 liter V6.
- Great sound system.
- Well equipped with safety features.
- Love the sliding rear bench seat which gives either more leg room for passengers or more cargo capacity if needed.
- Big brakes with ABS. Makes for excellent stopping, especially in the wet.
- Small things GM skipped out on including no coat hanger hooks in the back, no illuminated glove compartment and cheap, thin sun visors.
- Not as good on gas as I originally thought, although it still is pretty good.
- Could have better placement of either the front cup holders or the hand brake. Hand brake can't be used when cupholders are full.
My wife and I are very impressed with our purchase. The 5 speed Auto definately assists in a good way with the 3.4 liter V6, the extra gear really helps with pickup and keeping the revs down at highway speeds, however I really wished GM would make the 3.6 liter standard on all models. 185hp vs 240hp would make a big difference with no loss in fuel economy.
The benefits of this vehicle well outweighs any cons people may say against it.
I would highly recommend this vehicle for anyone who like us, wanted a safe and reliable SUV while giving plenty of interior room with great standard features, but hot having to purchase a full size wagon with poor fuel ecomomy to acheive this.
2007 Chevrolet Equinoxkarden - Columbia, SC10/04/2010
My Chevy Equinox is truly one of the best cars that I have purchased. As well as the look, the performance on the highway with gas mileage and reliability has been excellent. I highly recommend this vehicle....
2007 Chevrolet EquinoxEmily - San Antonio, TX, USA11/18/2008
I have driven Suburban's and Tahoe's all my life and tried a smaller SUV in a Subaru for better fuel mileage. I felt cramped but this Equinox is the answer - not the fuel hog of the larger Chevy's but the ride and room is there. Although the cargo space is small - you have the ability to lay down the seats and have tons of cargo room. The width of this vehicle is the charm. I would buy another Equinox.
Buying a first car for a teen driver can be an exciting yet hectic process for parents and teens alike. Explore 10 of our best cars for teens, along with some useful tips and resources for purchasing that very first vehicle