Used Jaguar XKR for Sale
About the Jaguar XKR
Longing to turn heads in a sporty yet luxurious car? If so, the Jaguar XKR offers a standard supercharged V8 engine for plenty of power behind the wheel. Meanwhile, its sleek design and sharp handling make for an exciting ride.
Offered as the performance version of the Jaguar XK from 2009 through 2015, the XKR is a four-seat luxury sports car available in both coupe and convertible styles. Whether you opt for the base XKR with standard features like 20-inch wheels and adaptive headlights or the XKR-S with its aerodynamic body kit and heated sport seats (2015 model), you can enjoy inspiring performance and a comfortable ride.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What is the difference between the Jaguar XK and XKR?
A: The Jaguar XKR was marketed as the performance version of the XK, offering a supercharged 5.0L V8 engine at 510-550 hp instead of the XK's 5.0L V8 at 385 hp.
Q: How fast is the Jaguar XKR?
A: Top speed may vary by model year, body style, and other factors. However, the 2015 Jaguar XKR-S coupe has a top speed of 186 mph.
Q: Does Jaguar still make the XKR?
A: No, production of the XK and XKR models ended after the 2015 model year.
Jaguar XKR Trim Configurations
The most recent model year of the XKR (2015) is available in two trim configurations: the base XKR and the XKR-S. The base XKR is equipped with a supercharged 5.0L V8 engine at 510 hp, whereas the XKR-S has a higher output of 550 hp. A range-topping XKR-S GT trim was offered for 2014, which is also equipped with the supercharged V8 good for 550 hp. Rear-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic transmission come standard on every Jaguar XKR.
The following trim features are based specifically on the 2014 Jaguar XKR.
- Adaptive headlights
- HD radio
- 20-inch wheels
- Supercharged V8 engine at 510 hp
- 20-inch matte-gray wheels
- Carbon-fiber front splitter
- Aerodynamic body kit
- Heated sport front seats
- Supercharged V8 engine at 550 hp
XKR-S GT (2014)
- White Polaris exterior paint with hood stripes
- Upgraded suspension
- Suede interior trim
- Carbon-fiber body features
RepairPal gave the Jaguar XKR an overall reliability rating of 3 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Average. This rating ranks the Jaguar XKR 52nd out of 59 among Luxury Midsize Cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Jaguar XKR is $807, compared to an average of $554 for Luxury Midsize Cars and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Jaguar XKR owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 2.1 times per year, compared to an average of 1.6 times for Luxury Midsize Cars and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 16% for the Jaguar XKR, compared to an average of 10% for Luxury Midsize Cars and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.