Used 2013 Volkswagen Golf for Sale
2013 Volkswagen Golf 2.5
$1899 Shipping from CarMax San Gabriel Valley/Duarte, CA
Reviews for 2013 Volkswagen Golf
Great car, fair price
Great little car checks all the boxes as a weekend warrior track day kind of car and is composed enough for service as a daily at the same time. SO much fun to drive!
- Power: Engine is plenty torquey for a 4 cylinder and returns pretty decent gas mileage (average 22-25 mixed highway and city driving)
- Ride and Handling: AWD gives this little car plenty of grip, while tipping the scales at only 3500lbs with driver and a low center of gravity offers plenty of agility in the corners
- Seat Comfort: Some of the best racing seats available plain and simple. Fits like a glove and keeps you planted when needed, without digging in or contorting the driver into some odd position allowing for hours of comfort behind the wheel
- Cabin Noise: the interior tends to make some creaking noises entering raised parking lots, etc where there’s significant low speed weight transfer. nothing alarming but it’s there
- Visibility: B and C pillars are really in the way at first, visibility takes some getting used to and/or finesse with side mirror settings
- Cost to Maintain: this one is much more subjective, but the Golf R can easily get expensive to maintain if you run into any significant mechanical issues. So far mine has been awesome, but I am well aware of the cost of replacement parts for it regardless. Finding a good tech to take care of your car or becoming intimately familiar with it yourself will save you a ton in the long run.
My first car
This is the first car I’ve ever purchased all by myself and so far it’s been wonderful. Its great on gas mileage, perfect size for my lifestyle (single with no kids, just a dog), it’s great for daily things like heading to work and errands but I also took it on a road trip and it did wonderful. I have nothing but great things to say about it! It drives like a beauty, such a quiet and smooth ride. highly recommend.
- Fuel Economy:
so much better then the competition
Looks great, composed ride, upscale German interior, great handling, quiet, sporty transmission, responsive engine, and comfort. This car got higher ratings than many luxury cars in Consumer Reports and US News. I had another car picked out and ready to buy at Carmax and decided to test drive the Golf at the last minute. I decided to buy the Golf instead after one mile. I have owned BMWs and Porsches before and the Golf has some of their German personality. It is not just a German Corolla.
- Ride and Handling: excellent
- Cargo Space: big
- Power: responsive and peppy
- Value: feels and drives like a much more expensive car
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.